Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #21
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
I tried to uncheck "Automatically Control In-Game Engine" and this seems to have helped. Hitters are now getting HBP in Minor League games. I think they may be getting hit TOO much now, so I will modify the modifiers. Any one have any idea as to why this may have worked????
I can confirm this.

I am getting HBP in Majors and Feeder League and these leagues do NOT have the "Automatically Control In-Game Engine (only recommended for minors)" checked. I am not getting HBP in Minor Leagues and they all have "Automatically Control In-Game Engine (only recommended for minors)" checked.

When I uncheck this option for only one level of the minors that level starts to get HBP. When I check it they stop.

Last edited by byzeil; 05-14-2013 at 12:08 AM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #22
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHoward View Post
I have the same set-up as OP and I have HBP at every level of minors.

One thing I noticed in the thread is that OP RAISED the league totals for HBP in an attempt to get MORE HBP. That is exactly wrong. Either you LOWER the league totals or you raise the modifier, but if you raise the league totals you will get fewer of whatever, not more.

Not trying to disconfirm here, just reporting, and I have HBP at all levels of minors.
Is "Automatically Control In-Game Engine (only recommended for minors)" checked or unchecked for each of your minor leagues?

Edit: Whoops I saw your followup post

Quote:
Just by the way, here are my AAA totals for comparison:
AB 67362
H 17283
D 3490
T 369
HR 1563
BB 6774
HBP 688
K 14626
BABIP .304

Auto adjust unchecked
Auto control unchecked
I get HBP in the minors when Auto control is unchecked and don't get them when it is checked.

From the Manual

Quote:
There is also a checkbox entitled Automatically control in-game engine to match league totals (only recommended for minors). This option automatically modifies the in-game engine in a way that the stats output closely matches the entered league totals. This works fairly well, but is not a perfect statistical rendition, particularly at the lowest minor league level. It's a decent option for players who are extremely concerned about league totals looking "realistic" in the minors

Last edited by byzeil; 05-14-2013 at 12:18 AM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #23
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Confirmed. Auto control unchecked in all my minor leagues and all have HBP.

So it looks like auto control may be the place to start to look for the problem.
JohnHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #24
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
I just checked a league that I moved from v13 to v14 for HBP in the minors and I am getting none. I am however getting HBP in Feeder Leagues.

So I'm seeing HBP in Majors and Feeders but not in Minor leagues.

I have not changed the HBP modifier.
I have a v13 league converted to v14, look ok to me. I have auto control checked.

Last edited by MizzouRah; 05-14-2013 at 12:37 AM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #25
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

In my MLB quickstart started with OOTP 14, Auto-control is greyed out and I'm not even able to uncheck it, in season or offseason(I tested to make sure). Has anyone else seen this?
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #26
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Bump. Don't want this getting lost in the shuffle because it is pretty annoying.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #27
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I found no HBP in a completely unrelated league to the OP imported from v13. I then started the flagship "New Major League Game" and there are no HBP in the minors. Another QS game shows the same. No adjustments have been made to HPB totals.

I'd say 3 for three along with the other reports suggest this is a significant bug.
I'm bumping this in the hopes that some action will result. No HBP in the minor leagues makes the game unplayable for me. This is the most frustrated I've been in the 9 years I've played the game.

Just in case anyone asks:

Quote:
Ticket ID: GWY-350179
Subject: No hit by pitch in minor league
Department: Out of the Park Baseball
Priority: High

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #28
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Endgame logged this bug in the Bug Report forum as PT-4831.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #29
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Also just a reminder that the work-around is to leave auto-control unchecked and you will get HBP in the minor leagues. If you are worried about the effect on results after you change the league totals, you can check auto-control after changing league totals to adjust the modifiers and then uncheck it. The league totals and modifiers should remain constant and your results will be well within expected ranges (and you will get HBP).
Old 06-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #30
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

My fictional league converted from OOTP13 mid-season with no apparent problems but a month into the next season I noticed the complete absence of HBP in all minor leagues....some other totals were out of whack so I ditched the league and restored from a backup I made on opening day....I've unchecked the "automatically control" box and HBP have returned and all other totals seem much more in line with the previous season. Thanks for the info on this, much appreciated.
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #31
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Wow no HBP in my minors either
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #32
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
Wow no HBP in my minors either
Also BE CAREFUL in checking stats and make sure that if you are checking from a sort screen that you have the correct SCOPE and SPLIT for the league you are checking or all you will see are zeroes.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #33
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Does anyone know why the auto control in-game engine is greyed out and unable to be unchecked in the MLB quickstart?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #34
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
Does anyone know why the auto control in-game engine is greyed out and unable to be unchecked in the MLB quickstart?
Sorry, no answer for that one.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #35
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not defaulted to commissioner mode?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #36
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also just a reminder that the work-around is to leave auto-control unchecked and you will get HBP in the minor leagues. If you are worried about the effect on results after you change the league totals, you can check auto-control after changing league totals to adjust the modifiers and then uncheck it. The league totals and modifiers should remain constant and your results will be well within expected ranges (and you will get HBP).
True, but it should work either way. I can't agree based on my experience (300+ seasons) that the stat output is well within expected ranges in the lower minor leagues when the box is unchecked.

There may also be a second bug here. It seems that when I converted one of my leagues it check marked auto control in all the minors. That shouldn't happen either.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 06-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #37
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Not defaulted to commissioner mode?
Not sure what you're asking here but if you want to know if it can be changed in commissioner mode the answer is no. Minor Leagues BTW, not MLB.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #38
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure what you're asking here but if you want to know if it can be changed in commissioner mode the answer is no. Minor Leagues BTW, not MLB.
Oh, I get that it's minor leagues. I was just asking if it were an option that took commissioner mode to allow a change.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #39
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also BE CAREFUL in checking stats and make sure that if you are checking from a sort screen that you have the correct SCOPE and SPLIT for the league you are checking or all you will see are zeroes.
Just use the league menu to go to team stats and the result is not in question.
Attached Images

RichW

Last edited by RchW; 06-03-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #40
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
True, but it should work either way. I can't agree based on my experience (300+ seasons) that the stat output is well within expected ranges in the lower minor leagues when the box is unchecked.

There may also be a second bug here. It seems that when I converted one of my leagues it check marked auto control in all the minors. That shouldn't happen either.
Good point, sorry, I should have been more explicit. I mean that the results should be within expected ranges given those league totals and modifiers for the SPECIFIC SEASON in play. Sorry, I did not mean to imply that it was a guarantee of long-term results. You are correct.