Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
landru22
Major Leagues

No HBP in Minor League (Triple A)

After approximately a month of the season, I noticed that there have been zero hit by pitches in my minor league. The Majors seem to be okay. This is a fictional league that was converted from OOTP13.

I checked all my league modifiers and they seem to be in order. Last season's triple A leader was HBP 23 times. Is this just some kind of statistical anomaly?
Anyone have any idea why this could be happening?
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
landru22
Major Leagues

I guess I'm the only one with this problem. If anyone is interested, I have tried to change the modifiers in the Strategy section of league options, but still no one has been hit by a pitch. It is now May 18th in this league. I am going to try to DRASTICALLY alter the modifiers to see what happens next. If anyone has any input, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Before you do that what is the league total number for HBP to the left of the modifier?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
landru22
Major Leagues

Thanks for the reply. The total number of HBP is 950. All the numbers to the right are 1.0. Don't know if it matters, but i'll list them all below:

AB 88639
Hits 24009
Doubles 4865
Triples 613
HR 2533
Walks 8753
HBP 950
K's 18596
BABIP .318

I had bumped up the HBP to 950. I don't remember exactly what it was before, but I think it was more like 925.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
landru22
Major Leagues

If it means anything, the "Automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy" box is not checked. As I mentioned in my first post, all the modifiers carried over the same as they were in OOTP13.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
If it means anything, the "Automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy" box is not checked. As I mentioned in my first post, all the modifiers carried over the same as they were in OOTP13.
Don't check that box. Modifiers go nuts not in a good way.

Let it go for another 2 weeks. Those numbers are actually quite high for HBP. They translate into 93.3 AB/HBP which compares to 107 AB/HBP IRL.

It does seem weird.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 05-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Maybe try checking the "Automatically control in-game engine to match league totals" would help?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohead View Post
Maybe try checking the "Automatically control in-game engine to match league totals" would help?
It was checked. I'll try to un-check it to see if that has any effect.

By the way, I found someone else with the same problem. Has any else really checked to see if anyone is getting HBP in their minors? I need confirmation
Old 05-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
landru22
Major Leagues

As a test, I created a whole new fictional league with AAA and AA minor leagues. I simulated two months. Players in the Majors are getting HBP but no one in either minor league is. I'm nearly convinced now that there is something wrong with OOTP 14. I will create a new bug report if I can figure out how.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #10
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As a test, I created a whole new fictional league with AAA and AA minor leagues. I simulated two months. Players in the Majors are getting HBP but no one in either minor league is. I'm nearly convinced now that there is something wrong with OOTP 14. I will create a new bug report if I can figure out how.
You don't create a new thread in the Bug section, just post your bug in the Bug report thread ALL bug reports go in the same thread to help track them without searching for them and it makes it easier for them to know what's been fixed and what hasn't

the thread is here

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rt-thread.html
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 05-11-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

By the way, I found someone else with the same problem. Has any else really checked to see if anyone is getting HBP in their minors? I need confirmation
Quote:
You are 100% right. This is a major bug. I can't believe I didn't see this after replying to your posts. Good catch. I'll be playing v13 until this is fixed

RichW

Old 05-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:

I tried to uncheck "Automatically Control In-Game Engine" and this seems to have helped. Hitters are now getting HBP in Minor League games. I think they may be getting hit TOO much now, so I will modify the modifiers. Any one have any idea as to why this may have worked????
Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #13
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I just started a new 2013 MLB game and after a month there are no HBP in the minors.

RichW

Old 05-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #14
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I just started a new 2013 MLB game and after a month there are no HBP in the minors.
I have the same set-up as OP and I have HBP at every level of minors.

One thing I noticed in the thread is that OP RAISED the league totals for HBP in an attempt to get MORE HBP. That is exactly wrong. Either you LOWER the league totals or you raise the modifier, but if you raise the league totals you will get fewer of whatever, not more.

Not trying to disconfirm here, just reporting, and I have HBP at all levels of minors.
JohnHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. The total number of HBP is 950. All the numbers to the right are 1.0. Don't know if it matters, but i'll list them all below:

AB 88639
Hits 24009
Doubles 4865
Triples 613
HR 2533
Walks 8753
HBP 950
K's 18596
BABIP .318

I had bumped up the HBP to 950. I don't remember exactly what it was before, but I think it was more like 925.
Just by the way, here are my AAA totals for comparison:
AB 67362
H 17283
D 3490
T 369
HR 1563
BB 6774
HBP 688
K 14626
BABIP .304

Auto adjust unchecked
Auto control unchecked
Old 05-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #16
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

I just checked, I have zero HBP in the minor leagues
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
I just checked, I have zero HBP in the minor leagues
That is troubling, since I know you of all people have adjusted your league totals correctly. Wow ... I'm not experiencing this problem so I don't know what to say.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHoward View Post
I have the same set-up as OP and I have HBP at every level of minors.

One thing I noticed in the thread is that OP RAISED the league totals for HBP in an attempt to get MORE HBP. That is exactly wrong. Either you LOWER the league totals or you raise the modifier, but if you raise the league totals you will get fewer of whatever, not more.
I found no HBP in a completely unrelated league to the OP imported from v13. I then started the flagship "New Major League Game" and there are no HBP in the minors. Another QS game shows the same. No adjustments have been made to HPB totals.

I'd say 3 for three along with the other reports suggest this is a significant bug.

RichW

Last edited by RchW; 05-13-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #19
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I found no HBP in a completely unrelated league to the OP imported from v13. I then started the flagship "New Major League Game" and there are no HBP in the minors. Another QS game shows the same. No adjustments have been made to HPB totals.

I'd say 3 for three along with the other reports suggest this is a significant bug.
Yep, I think you are right.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #20
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

I just checked a league that I moved from v13 to v14 for HBP in the minors and I am getting none. I am however getting HBP in Feeder Leagues.

So I'm seeing HBP in Majors and Feeders but not in Minor leagues.

I have not changed the HBP modifier.

Last edited by byzeil; 05-13-2013 at 11:52 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote