Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
snepp
All Star Starter

Minor league DL notifications

I'm getting notifications when minor league players get injured, but when using the option to have minor league managers set lineups/rotations I am not getting notified when they are ready to come off the DL. This ends up leading to guys sitting on the DL after they're healthy.

Can we get those notifications back when using this option? If the minor league manager isn't going to remove players from the DL we need to know when they're healthy.

snepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

If you allow the AI to make promotions/demotions for you, then the AI will handle the disabled list automatically. In my leagues, I tend to let the AI automatically promote and demote the filler players, while my true prospects are handled myself.
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Why don't you get a notification when a minor leaguer is ready to return from the DL?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
snepp
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecza View Post
If you allow the AI to make promotions/demotions for you, then the AI will handle the disabled list automatically.
True, but I don't want it to handle promotions/demotions, I enjoy doing it myself. Which makes the lack of a notification a mild annoyance in this case.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
snepp
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Why don't you get a notification when a minor leaguer is ready to return from the DL?

Because when setting the "Minor League Lineups/Depth/Pitching" option to "Minor League Managers", the notifications are no longer being sent.

When I change that setting back to human control, the notifications work properly.

What I don't know is if this a bug, or simply an oversight. What I do know from reading a couple of older threads is that Marcus made some changes at some point concerning the minor league managers control over the DL and wonder if the missing notification isn't related to that.

Last edited by snepp; 09-22-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp View Post
True, but I don't want it to handle promotions/demotions, I enjoy doing it myself. Which makes the lack of a notification a mild annoyance in this case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp View Post
Because when setting the "Minor League Lineups/Depth/Pitching" option to "Minor League Managers", the notifications are no longer being sent.

When I change that setting back to human control, the notifications work properly.

What I don't know is if this a bug, or simply an oversight. What I do know from reading a couple of older threads is that Marcus made some changes at some point concerning the minor league managers control over the DL and wonder if the missing notification isn't related to that.
It's not strictly a bug but more of a disconnect between how we play and how Markus programs the game. I get around all that by putting myself in control of everything but I let the AI control by clicking the "set up complete minors" button. I get the notifications as you noted but I let the AI do the job with my supervision. For example if I don't want players shuffled I go to each individual team and have the AI set it up. Not for everyone but it works for me.

What we need is a list of things that can be overridden by the player. Maybe a check list.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #7
snepp
All Star Starter

That I can certainly understand, there are numerous ways to accomplish the same goals using a variety of different combinations.

What I don't understand is why a notification is given when a minor leaguer gets injured with this specific setting enabled, but not when they're ready to come off the DL. There's no reason not to notify in both instances, as both require user interaction with the DL in some way (be it manually transferring them, or the use of the setup minors function in your example).
Old 09-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #8
snepp
All Star Starter

Out of curiosity I fired up v13 to check out the behavior of this manager setting. In that version if you used the minor league managers for "Minor League Lineups/Depth/Pitching", the AI had control of placing players on/off the DL, so there was no need for notifications as it was handled automatically.

The DL responsibility was removed from that setting in v14, given to the "Minor League Promotions/Demotions" option instead, but an email notification wasn't added to compensate for it.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Well, there's still talk of a "maintenance" release to fix some of the Facegen and other display issues that they weren't able to track down yet. Maybe the e-mail notification can be added to that release if Markus is made aware.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
snepp
All Star Starter

If he doesn't find time to add it in I'll sneak it into a v15 suggestion thread somewhere.