Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 11-04-2017, 10:02 AM   #61
Aube
Minors (Single A)

Very interesting stuff here, I can say it got me curious. More specifically I'm curious about these fellows, some with reasons some 'just because'

Alexandre Burrows - in reality he was never drafted, spent years in the ECHL and AHL to finall work his way to the NHL in his mid 20's, and managed a trio of 20 goal seasons with a 35 goal season mixed in for good measure. Does he have an easier time making it to the NHL in this reality, and does he ever see even remotely similar offensive success?

Mattias Ohlund - Some say he never showed the same offensive potential after he took that puck to the eye in '99, how does he fare here?

Brent Sopel - I still hate his hair from when he was a Canuck.

Dan Cloutier - Early 2000's photoshops of beach-balls come to mind. Does he make it as a regular starter?

Ed Jovanovski - I doubt he ever went to the Canucks here, but he was definitely a fun guy to watch.

Henrik and Daniel Sedin - Were they career Canucks, and more importantly did one end up with a noticeably better career than the other
Aube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:45 PM   #62
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Very interesting stuff here, I can say it got me curious. More specifically I'm curious about these fellows, some with reasons some 'just because'

Alexandre Burrows - in reality he was never drafted, spent years in the ECHL and AHL to finall work his way to the NHL in his mid 20's, and managed a trio of 20 goal seasons with a 35 goal season mixed in for good measure. Does he have an easier time making it to the NHL in this reality, and does he ever see even remotely similar offensive success?

Mattias Ohlund - Some say he never showed the same offensive potential after he took that puck to the eye in '99, how does he fare here?

Brent Sopel - I still hate his hair from when he was a Canuck.

Dan Cloutier - Early 2000's photoshops of beach-balls come to mind. Does he make it as a regular starter?

Ed Jovanovski - I doubt he ever went to the Canucks here, but he was definitely a fun guy to watch.

Henrik and Daniel Sedin - Were they career Canucks, and more importantly did one end up with a noticeably better career than the other
ALEXANDRE BURROWS

Played 12 seasons with the Canucks in the sim as he made his debut in 05-06 at the age of 24 and stayed in the NHL until spending the final year of his career with Utica in 2017-18. Played 905 NHL games, scoring 185 goals and 395 points. Vancouver never did win a Cup but in Burrows rookie season they made the conference finals. He had 2 goals and 4 points in 18 games that spring. In all, Burrows played 53 playoff games and earned 17 points. His best regular season point total came in 07-08 when he was 25-24-49.

MATTIAS OHLUND

Another player who spent his entire NHL career with the Canucks. Ohlund broke in to the NHL in 97-98 as a 21 year old and remained on the Vancouver defense until late in the 09-10 campaign when he was demoted to Manitoba where he played the only 6 minor league games of his career. Ohlund appeared in 900 NHL games, scoring 109 goals and 413 points. He appeared in 54 playoff games with his only deep run in the post-season coming in 05-06 when they lost to St Louis in the conference finals. He had 8 goals and 26 playoff points in his career. In 2007-08, Ohlund won the Bill Masterton Trophy.

BRENT SOPEL

Sopel was a veteran of 826 NHL games with three teams. He had 116 goals in his career and 318 points. After 2 seasons in Syracuse he was promoted to the Canucks for part of the 97-98 season as a 20 year old. He appeared in 17 games that year and scored his first NHL goal. The following season he played 81 games for the Canucks and registered 20 points.

After that he would play just 16 more games in Vancouver before being dealt to Atlanta in exchange for Samuel Pahlsson. Pahlsson would have 4 seasons of at least 10 goals in Vancouver while Sopel would miss most of the 99-00 season (the year he was traded) with a broken clavicle. He followed that up with 5 full seasons with the Thrashers before being bothered by injuries as he closed in on age 30.

In 2007-08, the now 30 year old Sopel was sent to Edmonton in a deal that saw goaltender Dan Ellis go the other way. Sopel played 3 seasons with the Oilers before retiring after the 2010-11 campaign. He only played in 34 post-season games, scoring once and adding 13 assists.

DAN CLOUTIER

Cloutier spent just over 6 seasons in the NHL as a backup goaltender with Columbus. His career high was 44 games with the 2000-01 Blue Jackets, when he went 15-18-8. In all, he appeared in 181 NHL games, compiling a record of 68-73-24, with all but 4 of the games for Columbus.

Cloutier debuted in the Ranger system and got 6 minutes of NHL action as an 18 year old in 1994-95. It did not go well as he was scored on twice in those 6 minutes and had a .600 save percentate. After some more seasoning in the minors he got another brief shot in New York in 1998-99 when he appeared in 3 NHL games and went 2-1 with a 2.44 GAA.

The Rangers dealt him to Montreal that winter for Scott Walker and after spending a year and a half in the Habs minor league system he was selected by the Blue Jackets in the 2000 expansion draft. In 2000-01 he made the NHL all-rookie team as a 24 year old when he played his career high 44 games.

His career ened with 2 seasons in Syracuse before retiring at the age of 32 following the 08-09 season. Cloutier's career playoff totals are 4 minutes of action in relief of Olaf Kolzig in 01-02 with the Blue Jackets.

ED JOVANOVSKI

After 3 minor league seasons, Jovanovski debuted with Florida as a 21 year old in 1997-98. He would go on to play 891 NHL games, scoring 104 goals and 281 points before his career came to an end early in the 2009-10 season when he suffered a fractured skull. His best seasons offensively were 2000-01 when he scored 18 goals and 36 points along with the 06-07 campaign when he had 16 goals and 40 points. The Panthers, who have yet to win a Cup, never made the playoffs during Jovanovski's career.

HENRIK AND DANIEL SEDIN

They are 1-2 in career points as a Canuck with Henrik holding a wide lead (1613-1262) because Daniel ended his career elsewhere.

Henrik leads the franchise in goals with 576 and assists with 1037. He won the Art Ross Trophy with a career best 98 points in 2012-13. He was a first team all-star 6 times and second team twice. Henrik also won a Mark Messier Award in addition to his Art Ross. He played until the age of 41, appearing in 1792 games - all with Vancouver. He is in the Hall of Fame. No Stanley Cups or even finals appearances for either brother but Henrik did play 96 postseason games, scoring 27 goals and 77 points.

Daniel is second to his brother in franchise points (1262) and assists (767) and ranks third in goals with 495, trailing Henrik and Cam Neely (499). The twins were teammates until 2019-20 when Daniel signed with Philadelphia as a free agent. He retired one year earlier than Henrik having played 1596 NHL games. He finished with 526 goals and 1357 points. He won a Messier Award and a Lady Byng while being a 2 time first team and 2 time second team all-star. Daniel is also in the Hall of Fame. No Cups for Daniel either as the Flyers played just 4 playoff games during his time in Philly. He ended with 63 points in 83 playoff games.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #63
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan View Post
I agree. Need to have some system where the NHL will lose some players to the WHA right off the bat in '72, similar to Bobby Hull, Cheevers, Frank Mahovlich, Bernie Parent and others who jumped.

The first year or two of the WHA is the big issue. You don't get any established stars moving over and there are also no fringe NHLers going either. The guys who would be the 5th-10th defenseman or 9th-15th forwards are content to sit on the bench or play in the minors in the game when they should be just the players who jump leagues.

Instead the WHA rosters are filled with players not good enough to make the NHL 50 man protected list so you have a league with a ton of very bad players and a few good rookies who signed with the WHA after being drafted instead of the NHL.

The WHA player allotment is getting a little better this version but still needs a lot more attention.

Nailed it. I'd tag all the developers in this if I could.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #64
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
Nailed it. I'd tag all the developers in this if I could.
I did bring it up in testing for this version but I believe priorities are on the modern day game which I understand completely as I expect us historical players are a much smaller market.

We got some nice enhancements to historical play in this build so hopefully next year things like the WHA and a much more detailed historical almanac get some attention as well.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:41 PM   #65
Libertine States
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Did the Hurricanes have any miraculous playoff runs like they always seem to do every 3 or so years in the 2000's?

EDIT: Also did they have any financial troubles like in real-life?

Last edited by Libertine States; 11-07-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Libertine States is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:49 PM   #66
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine States View Post
Did the Hurricanes have any miraculous playoff runs like they always seem to do every 3 or so years in the 2000's?

EDIT: Also did they have any financial troubles like in real-life?
Not sure about financial troubles as I think you can only see that season by season and I fast-simmed a lot of years.

The Hurricanes did have a few deep playoff runs.

CAROLINA HURRICANES

The Canes won 1 Stanley Cup in their history. It came in 2030-31 when they had a dominant club that finished the regular season with a 58-32-1 record for 117 points. It was the first of 4 straight years the team finished the regular season with more than 100 points. However, the most dominant regular season Hurricanes team came a few years earlier with the 2026-27 squad led the NHL with 131 points including 63 victories. That time was primarily made up of fictional players with the exception of a veteran goaltender by the name of Frederik Andersen.

Anderson debuted with the Canes in 2010-11 as a 21 year old and would play until the age of 37. His final year was 2026-27 when he posted a 56-9-5 record with a 1.90 GAA, winning the Jennings Trophy for the only time in his career. He is Carolina's all-time leader in wins with 413.

The 2026-27 Canes came within one game of winning the Cup, falling to Winnipeg in Game Seven of the finals. It was a thrilling run for Canes fans as after beating Toronto in 6 games in the opening round they needed the full seven to eliminate both the Rangers and Buffalo to reach the finals.

The first playoff appearance came in their first year in Carolina - 1997-98 and extended a franchise stretch of 17 straight seasons with a playoff berth going back to the Hartford days. The streak would reach 20 before ending in their fourth season in Carolina.

In 97-98 the Hurricanes made the conference finals despite finishing third in the Northeast Division and fifth overall in the conference. Montreal would beat them 4 straight before the Habs were swept by Detroit in the finals. The following year Carolina again met Montreal in the conference finals, losing in 7 this time as the Habs won the Cup. A second round loss to New Jersey in 1999-2000 preceeded a 3-year playoff drought but Carolina snuck back into the postseason in 2003-04. It was a short stay as Toronto bounced the Hurricanes in the opening round.

There would be some hard times for the Canes as they missed the playoffs the next six years. In 2010-11 Carolina finished first, but just barely over .500 in the weak Southeast Division. It was another quick playoff exit as Montreal dumped the Canes in 5 in the opening round. Carolina was back the following season as they again barely finished over .500 but it was enough to win the Southeast. The Hurricanes beat New Jersey in the first round before falling in 7 games to Montreal in the conference semi-finals.

That led to a 10 year playoff drought as Carolina did not make the postseason again until 2021-22. They had a good young team led by fictional players and finished with the second best record in the conference behind Buffalo. Carolina would beat Pittsburgh in 5 and the Islanders in 6 to set up a conference final showdown with the Sabres. Buffalo won in 6 games and would beat Dallas for the Cup.

The Hurricanes would narrowly miss the playoffs the following season but rebounded in 2023-24 with the start of a playoff streak that would continue until I stopped simming in 2035-36.

In 2023-24 they fell to the Islanders in a 7 game opening round series. The Isles would reach the finals before losing to Edmonton.

2024-25 was another first round loss - this time in 4 straight to the Rangers.

In 2025-26 they beat Ottawa in 6 but lost in the second round four straight to the Islanders who would win their second straight Cup.

In 2026-27 the Hurricanes reached the finals as described earlier before falling in 7 to Winnipeg.

In 2027-28 they lost to Ottawa in Game seven of the conference finals after beating the Rangers in 7 and the Islanders in 6.

In 2028-29 they swept Buffalo before falling in 7 to Philadelphia in the second round.

2029-30 saw another second round exit as eventual Cup winner Tampa eliminated the Canes in 5 after Carolina survived a 7 game opening round series with Buffalo.

2030-31 was their Cup winning season. It started with a 4-game sweep of Ottawa, followed by a win in 6 over the Islanders and 7 games over Florida in the conference finals. Carolina won the Cup with a 4-2 series win over Vancouver.

Florida knocked off the Canes in the opening round the following season. In 2032-33 they lost in 7 games to Columbus in the conference semi-finals after sweeping the Rangers.

In 33-34 it was another 7 game loss in the conference finals- this time to New Jersey after they beat Buffalo in 6 in the opening round.

2034-35 saw Carolina fall in the first round to eventual Cup champion Columbus while 2035-36 was another first round exit at the hands of the eventual Cup champ as Toronto swept the Canes.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #67
G-Force
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan View Post
MIKE BOSSY

His career went much like real-life. Great start only to have injuries end it early. In 1977-78 Bossy scored 52 goals and 111 points as rookie to win the Calder Trophy and make the Second All-Star team. He followed that up with seasons of 47,65,67 and 59 goals before an injury limited his 1982-83 season to 31 games - although he still managed to score 28 goals that year. He rebounded with 69 goals the following season but that was the last great season of his career.

In 1985-86 the Islanders suffered through a terrible 37 point season and dealt Bossy to Toronto midway through the year. He would finish with 35 goals in 80 games that season but his stay in Toronto was short-lived as the Leafs moved him to Boston the following season and he even spent some time in the minors. At 29 years old he scored 21 goals in 56 games between the Leafs and Bruins but he would end up in the AHL the following year and finished out his career with 3 seasons for the Maine Mariners.

Bossy won a Cup with the 1981-82 Islanders, scoring 10 goals and 26 points in 20 games that playoff season. He was a 3-time second team all-star and won the Maurice Richard Trophy as top goal scorer in 1979-80. His final totals were 697 games played with 474 goals and 970 points. In real life he played 752 games with 573 goals and 1126 points.
THE greatest flat out SCORER I've ever seen. If he hadn't suffered that back injury who knows how many he'd have scored for his career. Also just a hell of a nice guy.

Great to see you still doing these TF!

GH

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:08 AM   #68
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Incredibly interesting to see how everything panned out. I ran something quite similar to this a while back, and iirc John Tavares was top 5 in all time goals and assists for me at the end of his career (which was spent as a Flyer). However, I had it set up so that there were drafts every single year, so the players were all drafted onto new teams. Curious as to how he did in your sim.
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:28 AM   #69
croatian
All Star Starter

How Joe Sakic did it ?
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote