Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > Perfect Team 23
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 23 Perfect Team 23 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-19-2022, 05:32 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation PT23 Launch Plan!

Important notice: Unfortunately we had to delay the Perfect Team 23 launch. For more information, please see here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/....php?p=4887257

OK, so here is how we will launch the OOTP 23 beta & the final release this week.

(Note: All of this does NOT apply to OOTP 22 Perfect Team, that will continue to run as usual. And, as mentioned several times before, absolutely nothing from OOTP 22 PT will move over to OOTP 23 PT.)

IMPORTANT: Because of a new backend provider, your current OOTP 22 Challenge Mode / Perfect Team 22 account will NOT work in OOTP 23! You will have to create a brand new account. We also have a loyalty bonus program, which looks at your new PT23 account (username & email) and if this account has been active for previous Perfect Team versions, it gets the following bonus (skipping one version reduces the bonus to the next level):
Since Perfect Team 19: 2 Diamond, 1 Historical Pack, 1 Gold Pack and 1 Silver Pack
Since Perfect Team 20: 1 Diamond, 1 Gold Pack and 1 Silver Pack
Since Perfect Team 21: 2 Gold Packs
Since Perfect Team 22: 1 Gold Pack

IMPORTANT: In order to claim your username from a previous version of the game, you need to register with the same username and email that was originally used to create the account. If you register now using the same email but a different username than in a previous account, you will no longer be able to reclaim the old username.

Tuesday, April 19
On Tuesday, around noon US (ET) time, those who pre-ordered the Fastspring webstore version will receive an email containing download links once the public OOTP 23 beta is available, and we will also post the download links on the forums, so you can still pre-order and access the beta after April 19.

You will be able to create a Perfect Team account and team, however, this is just for the beta! You also get 50k PP and about 25 packs to play around with, but this is just for the beta. You will NOT be able to buy PP and absolutely everything (PP, cards, team) will be reset on Friday for the official launch, including your login info. So you will need to create your account again on Friday, using the same username & email combination to qualify for the loyalty rewards. During the pre-release period, you will not receive a confirmation email - you can simply go ahead and login when you have created or re-created your account.

Wednesday, April 20 and (most likely) Thursday April 21
We will release a public beta OOTP 23 patch which fixes reported problems of the past day. We will set up a sub forum here for you to report problems and feedback.

Friday, April 22 - Official Launch Day
At around 2-3 AM ET (essentially in the middle of the night) we will reset all PT23 beta teams and shut down simulation servers. At around 7 AM ET, the system will be reopened and you can register (using the same username & email combination to qualify for the loyalty rewards) and set up your brand new team again, open your starter packs (plus any bonus packs) etc. PP purchase will be available at that time, too. However, simulations will NOT start yet, we don't want Steam users to be at an disadvantage.

On 8 AM ET the game will officially launch worldwide, on Steam, Epic and for the Fastspring webstore customers, all at a 10% launch discount (same as pre-order discount). Download links for the final version will be emailed to pre-order customers. At that time, all users that now have the game can log in to PT 23 or create their accounts and start their teams, load up on PP if needed etc.

On around noon ET the first Entry Pool leagues get created and simulations start either exactly at that time or half an hour later.

Monday, April 25 - First promotion round
At the usual time (morning ET) we will start the first PT23 promotion round. This time, we will populate the first five levels (Rookie, Stone, Iron, Bronze, Silver) based on team winning % compiled in the entry pool. Teams with less than 30 games in the Entry Pool will automatically start at the Rookie level. Simulations will begin 10 AM ET, as usual.

Friday, April 29
On Friday (8 AM ET) the 10% launch week discount will end. The loyalty bonuses for previous PT accounts will stay for another 3 weeks.

Any questions?

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-21-2022 at 05:32 PM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 09:41 AM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

A Clarification: In order to claim your username from a previous version of the game (so you qualify for the loyalty rewards), you need to register with the same username and email that was originally used to create the account. If you register now using the same email but a different username than in a previous account, you will no longer be able to reclaim the old username.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 11:17 AM   #3
Guancous
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Multiple accounts

Question: I recall not being able to use the same account to set up three OOTP 20 teams. I added random periods in the creation.

Do those periods have to be in the same place as the original account? Or will everything work fine as long as the core account is valid?
Old 04-19-2022, 12:30 PM   #4
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

Do the loyalty rewards stack based on each year or do you only get the awards listed next to the year you started?
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:33 PM   #5
vapodge
Minors (Double A)

Dishnet said last night on the stream just listed, not stacked.

vapodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:35 PM   #6
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapodge View Post
Dishnet said last night on the stream just listed, not stacked.
thanks. not going to complain. great loyalty rewards either way!!!
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:07 PM   #7
Majkrzak
Bat Boy

Steam

What if we always bought the game thru Steam? Also, have the emails gone out, it's after 2pm est.
Majkrzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:23 PM   #8
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

How is the reward for the Loyality Mission handled?
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 05:20 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
How is the reward for the Loyality Mission handled?
You won't get Brooks today, I believe in testing you'll get a John Beckwith card instead (just due to technical reasons). When you log in Friday, if you completed the mission, Brooks will be sitting in your inactive list.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 05:23 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Also a note: The card pools are still obviously subject to change until release day. The initial pool leaves out a number of better cards, so don't be shocked when you only see a handful of top historical cards.

Card ratings and all are also always subject to change. There will certainly be a number of updates between the lists you'll see come out now and launch day.

Also, obviously things like missions, tournaments, etc... will change both through the beta and for the launch period.

Last edited by Matt Arnold; 04-19-2022 at 05:43 PM.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 05:23 PM   #11
Peteyb_17
Bat Boy

Any news on when OOTP GO flips over to 23? If that's how it works that is...
Peteyb_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 05:31 PM   #12
The Otter
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Per dishnet (and others) on the Discord, the availability of PT23 on Go is TBD, but won't be happening during the beta period at the very least.

(Still no word on what that means for PT22 access via Go -- my suspicion is that they'll be separate options to choose and log into, but that's not backed up by anything from an official or quasi-official source.)
The Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:25 PM   #13
daves
Hall Of Famer

Can I play in the beta, but wait to join the regular later?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:27 PM   #14
Folderol
Major Leagues

Maybe I missed this (I apologize if so), but all went well with the install until I tried to put in my username/password. Would not recognize. I did NOT want to start a new account, and when I clicked on "forgot password?" I got a blank URL. Help?

Folderol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:37 PM   #15
HemBear
Minors (Double A)

Folderol -

The first post walks you through that. I am awaiting the email to finalize but have not received it.

HemBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:40 PM   #16
Folderol
Major Leagues

Ok, I misunderstood (or didn't read carefully enough) the original post. Thanks! I am also now awaiting the email.

Last edited by Folderol; 04-19-2022 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-19-2022, 06:41 PM   #17
da commish
All Star Reserve

I tried entering my username and password and got a message saying my user account not found. I tried going through new user, entered all my info and got a message saying the username is reserved from an account created in OOTP22 and to use the email associated with that account to register this username. But that email is what I entered. I'm confused.

da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:45 PM   #18
Folderol
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
I tried entering my username and password and got a message saying my user account not found. I tried going through new user, entered all my info and got a message saying the username is reserved from an account created in OOTP22 and to use the email associated with that account to register this username. But that email is what I entered. I'm confused.
As I was just informed, the original post in this thread (point 1 specifically) addresses this. I missed it originally.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:45 PM   #19
sketchy1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So I tried to login to PT and couldn't, and I read in here I need to re-register or something with the same username/email. Tried that but I never received a confirmation email?
sketchy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:47 PM   #20
HemBear
Minors (Double A)

I suspect that the confirming emails are delayed with the launch.

HemBear is offline   Reply With Quote