Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:44 PM   #461
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
For what it's worth the remaining team missions are:

Yankees
Tigers
Astros
Angels
Phillies
Mets
Cardinals
Brewers
Dodgers
Giants

Many guessed Boudreau for the Indians as the top reward card. What's your guess for the top reward card for these teams?

tossing out some possible Cardinals ideas....

couple "early years" picks (neither with a card currently in PT):

-Tip O'Neill (1887) - led the league runs scored (167), hits (225), doubles (52), triples (19) home runs (14), rbis (123), average (.435), on base pct (.490), slugging (.691)...

-Silver King (1888) - 45 wins, 1.63 era, 258 K, 0.874 whip

few others...

-Joe Medwick (1937) - already has a silver card in the game, but a nice diamond tier card for his triple crown year would be fun.

-Joe Cunningham (1959) - only all-star appearance; personal best .345 batting average and league leading .453 on base pct; and no card in game currently so a new addition

-Matt Morris (2001) - has a rookie card in game from 1997; but his 2001 season was his career best with 22 wins, first all-star appearance; 3rd in Cy Young vote, and 14th in MVP

-Albert Pujols (peak) - though he has a number of cards already in the game, as previously mentioned, a perfect Pujols would be fitting for PT
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:56 PM   #462
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Just snatched the last 2 cards I needed for SE Vida Blue (last 7-day price in the AH for this card is 185K right now). Total outlay for this mission was 51,212 PP and this was entirely put together within the previous week. I actually had been working toward it before then, but sold all my cards when the new A's missions came out. After the initial couple of Weimar Republic days, I decided to get back into the mix when I was able to acquire 93 Vida Blue for a good price.

93 Blue - 12K
86 Tenace - 15K
84 Norris - 3333
84 Bando - 2000
82 Page - 8700
82 Jackson - 5000
79 Campaneris - 1400
75 Rudi - 1800
71 Odom - 777
69 Monday - 100
67 Holtzman - 50
61 Tenace - 54
57 Green - pack
47 Knowles - 999

Overpaid by a bit for gold Tenace (and probably Page as well), but the card hadn't been showing up and another guy even created a thread looking for it. It was the last card I needed. Probably could've finished this mission for closer to 45K if I wanted to be more patient, but happy to add SE Blue to my bullpen in time for the playoffs and for next week.

Also finished the Gashouse Gang mission after seeing I was just 8K worth of cards shy. Was then able to flip the SE Paul Dean card for a bit north of 20K. If the MOV rating weren't so terrible, that Dean card would be pretty nice.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:05 PM   #463
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Somehow managed to pick up a CJ Wilson on the weekend for 3,500 PP, so I've finally finished the Texas Rangers mission.

Got Pudge in the lineup, and he hit a home run his first game out. But was also surprised about the Mike Napoli card, which is a comparable hitter to Pudge with worse catcher defense. I've slotted Napoli in as my backup, and we'll see how he does. He can also backup 1st base which frees up a bench spot.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:16 PM   #464
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I also got one very cheap to finish it off.

That makes the mariners, braves, white sox, and rangers as finished.

I need Hesketh for the expos and Cronin for the senators/twins. I thought I was done with the Twins after practically stealing a Cecil Travis on sunday but one of my eligible cards was 99 Walter Johnson which I don't want to lock in case I can upgrade him later.

I'm casually working on the As, Indians, and Padres since they look to be worth it. Unfortunately I had gambled on the Cubs and stocked up nearly everything but the rewards are straight trash so I'm slowly selling off those pieces (along with everyone else it seems). Somehow Lou Boudreau gets the best SS card in the game but the great Ernie Banks gets a used napkin.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:57 PM   #465
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Yeah, my team that invested in Cubs cards got stuck with nothing but sunk PP.

I thought I was done with the Mariners mission, but my Diamond Felix turned out to have stats Monday morning and is back on the block.

Pudge has 6 HR in his first 5 games, and an OPS of 2.024.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:10 PM   #466
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
But was also surprised about the Mike Napoli card, which is a comparable hitter to Pudge with worse catcher defense. I've slotted Napoli in as my backup, and we'll see how he does. He can also backup 1st base which frees up a bench spot.
I decided to slot Napoli in at 1B last year for my MSU team. The results were underwhelming. If I wanted 15 HR and a .371 SLG (in a max offense park), I would've kept Dihigo in the lineup. I'm letting the party have one more year at Napoli's in case that turns out to be closer to his floor than an average year for him, but I have not been pleased thus far.

Pudge on the other hand...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:18 PM   #467
Will_L
All Star Reserve

I've pretty much given up on collection missions since I don't buy PP and the cards needed are far overpriced. Also not going to buy packs for a good long while since about the last 50 packs I've gotten have had 3 or 4 duplicate live cards in each pack... just going to let the PP's earned accumulate.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #468
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

They arent overpriced though. You arent buying the card for itself, think of it as buying 3% of a 200K card for just 2K. At the end of the day when you do the right ones you have something to sell worth more than what you put in, plus all those random cards could have more value later either in tournaments or as part of other missions.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:31 AM   #469
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Latest completion was the 4-mission series for the Texas Rangers. This one wasn't the profit bonanza that some of the others have been, probably because of all the sneaky gold cards needed. The Michael Young, Hamilton/Kinsler/Darvish/Beltre, C.J. Wilson, Burroughs. And of course the gateway Francisco Cordero and pick another diamond of Kern/Bell/Harrah. I actually did pretty well in avoiding drastic overpays.

All the same, I completed the entire lot for a hefty 83,224 PP. SE Ivan Rodriguez is still fetching a bit over 100K in the AH. I've already sold the Kevin Brown and after selling the diamond Napoli and gold Sundberg, my net will be a little more impressive.

I'm a little worried about Pudge's low avoid K rating, but I'm giving him a trial run this week. If worst comes to worst, I can send him off for 100K PP and move silver Tony Pena back in there.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:39 AM   #470
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I think it's interesting how collection-centric my team's active roster is right now. I've got Ed Walsh, Vida Blue, and Johan Santana on the pitching staff. Position players are Ivan Rodriguez, George Sisler, Luke Appling, Rickey Henderson, Lenny Dykstra, Ichiro, and John "Buck" O'Neil. That's 10 out of my 25 spots.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #471
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

where does Buck get playing time on your team? vL DH or 1B platoon? I ended up selling mine and he was the first mission I completed, I was disappointed. I found that Mule Suttles outhit him for the same role.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:21 AM   #472
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

I want to see all the current and former NY teams (NYY, NYM, LAD, SF) come in the same set of collections missions. Imagine they'll all have pretty sweet rewards.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:28 PM   #473
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah, my team that invested in Cubs cards got stuck with nothing but sunk PP.

I thought I was done with the Mariners mission, but my Diamond Felix turned out to have stats Monday morning and is back on the block.

Pudge has 6 HR in his first 5 games, and an OPS of 2.024.

I have a bunch of missions like 70% finished. There just aren't enough cards to go around to finish them. I'm second guessing myself for attempting them now.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:37 PM   #474
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

my problem is i get bored when im a few cards away and they dont show up so i just start buying up all historic astros or something just in case lol
Old 09-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #475
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Live - Oakland Mission

Well the addition of Jesus Luzardo extended the acquisition of SE Plank by a couple of days. I don't know if Luzardo at 3000 is where he'll settle but I just got too impatient.

Here's what I paid for the 70+ rated players. Note, some of the ratings listed were the cards' rating when I bought it.

99 : 7777 : Matt Chapman
88 : 3552 : Marcus Semien
87 : 3557 : Liam Hendriks
86 : 3000 : Jesus Luzardo
83 : 1500 : Mark Canha
81 : 1222 : Matt Olsen
80 : 2000 : A.J. Puk
75 : 0194 : Ramon Laureano
72 : 0140 : Frankie Montas
71 : 0200 : Sean Manaea
70 : 0140 : Brian Schlitter
70 : 0030 : Brett Anderson

Overall, I spent 24586 PP. So ... definitely at best a break-even mission, and with Semien making the leap to 90 this week, and that aforementioned Luzardo, maybe even a net loss. But I didn't do it for the cash out.

I was real interested in SE Plank so in he goes into my Perfect League team, where he promptly went 5.2 with 8 hits, 5 ER, 3 BB, and 7 K. Eh ... first start jitters?

The only other piece I use is Liam Hendricks in a stopper / setup role. He's my best reliever so far this young season (12.2 IP 8.5 k/9 .71 ERA).

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:25 PM   #476
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfro View Post
Well the addition of Jesus Luzardo extended the acquisition of SE Plank by a couple of days. I don't know if Luzardo at 3000 is where he'll settle but I just got too impatient.
I packed a Luzardo on Monday thinking who the heck is this guy? It was on a team that already completed the A's mission so I put him on the block for 2,999 PP... maybe you bought mine.

But yeah, one of my other teams was interested in the LIVE A's mission but no longer. Too expensive now. Maybe prices will settle in with the final LIVE update, we'll see.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #477
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
But yeah, one of my other teams was interested in the LIVE A's mission but no longer. Too expensive now. Maybe prices will settle in with the final LIVE update, we'll see.
I fully expect prices to settle as tier hopping speculation ceases. However, this will be an extremely small decrease in any Live card's overall demand, so while I expect the effect to probably be noticeable, I don't expect it to be particularly significant.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:54 PM   #478
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
They arent overpriced though. You arent buying the card for itself, think of it as buying 3% of a 200K card for just 2K. At the end of the day when you do the right ones you have something to sell worth more than what you put in, plus all those random cards could have more value later either in tournaments or as part of other missions.
I get what you're saying.
I just feel that at this time the value isn't worth the expense and the packs coming up are pretty useless since there are limited numbers of cards and a fair number of them are locked. I quick sell the duplicates I get rather than put them in the auction house.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:25 PM   #479
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

And I haven't even been drinking (yet)...

I saw that stupid Lonnie Smith card that I have been waiting for weeks to buy, and it was really cheap. I was so excited that I snapped it up before I realized that I was logged into the wrong team. Arrrrrgh.

Of course I can't buy it with my other team now (same license) so I put it back out there for the price I paid plus the 10% fee. C'est le vie.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:31 PM   #480
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I saw that stupid Lonnie Smith card that I have been waiting for weeks to buy, and it was really cheap. I was so excited that I snapped it up before I realized that I was logged into the wrong team. Arrrrrgh.
Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote