Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-25-2019, 12:39 PM   #21
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Since my team was almost set and all the upgrades would be very costly, I decided to waste all my spare PPs on 20 packs.

Luck was on my side as I got a couple of nice pulls in Heini Zimmerman and George Sisler.

I had to reshuffle my roster a little bit to stay under the limit (gone is Betts at 2nd base) but now i feel much more confident in my team's chances in facing all of the great managers in here.

Last edited by moalkha; 02-25-2019 at 01:05 PM.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #22
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
Since my team was almost set and all the upgrades would be very costly, I decided to waste all my spare PPs (on 20 packs.

Luck was on my side as I got a couple of nice pulls in Heini Zimmerman and George Sisler.

I had to reshuffle my roster a little bit to stay under the limit (gone is Betts at 2nd base) but now i feel much more confident in my team's chances in facing all of the great managers in here.
I'm in the same boat....I've gone to all packs now and pulled one live diamond in about 30 packs...Lindor, which netted me around 10k - reinvest
ed in packs and got nothing of value.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:46 PM   #23
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Two diamond historicals! You got at least 75K PP in just those two cards (if you were to sell them) so you definitely got your money's worth on those 20 packs.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:50 PM   #24
max venerabel
Minors (Double A)

Good luck all!
Old 02-25-2019, 01:08 PM   #25
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Early scouting report on Wilmington... bring extra outfielders. Your guys will get tired chasing down all of the balls bouncing around out there. The Blue Rocks scored 36 runs in a four-game series (which they took 3-1). They have an offensive park (not that it smells, it is just jacked up for scoring), but the Blue Rocks could score 10 playing in the Grand Canyon. Their lineup is really good.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #26
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Early scouting report on Wilmington... bring extra outfielders. Your guys will get tired chasing down all of the balls bouncing around out there. The Blue Rocks scored 36 runs in a four-game series (which they took 3-1). They have an offensive park (not that it smells, it is just jacked up for scoring), but the Blue Rocks could score 10 playing in the Grand Canyon. Their lineup is really good.
I'm playing him now, Satchel should have fun in about 15 minutes....
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:21 PM   #27
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Twenty-two minutes later... I still can't see my box score.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:40 PM   #28
Nyflamingos
Minors (Single A)

Welcome all new people. Good Luck to everyone this season. Looks like some interesting divisions ... Glad I am not in the NC ... Looks a little more top heavy over there .... Base Stealers ... I predict you will have the best record this year! Do not let me down!!! Saint Paul Fighting Saints playoff bound this year!!! and always Zorro will go on a roller coast of emotions on his way to another playoff birth... though it will be very interesting to watch his team this year as he spiced up his ballpark and playing against blue rocks .... who has a very similar lineup

Once again good luck to everyone .. always remember there is next week .. if things do not play out well

Phatpartie
Ypsilanti Angry Dragons
Nyflamingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #29
bailey
Hall Of Famer

My team is also set, and I am buying 1 pack a day IF I make 1000 PP the previous day. Since I started doing this, I have lost 90% of the points spent. Meanwhile, somebody posted a card this morning that caused me to spend $50 hoping to flip it for a major profit......

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:58 PM   #30
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Have to use my good gap hitters and speed to my advantage
sharpk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #31
max venerabel
Minors (Double A)

hmmm looking at all of these more well defined strategies has me wondering about my balanced approach.

Worked decently last year I guess, but could I tailor a park to my club somehow? Maybe with a little more specificity in my player choices....

My big addition this year is George Kell to platoon with Boggs at 3B. We had no production vs. LHP from that slot, using mostly Nellie Fox at 3B. Sort of a minor position to look for a delta, but was a cheap buy at like 800PP.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #32
blitzblazin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wow way to go everyone no hitches whatsoever, this season looks like its gonna be fun. Goodluck to everyone.
blitzblazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #33
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Sounds like my Durham team's park. 1.1 AVG, 1.5 XBH, 0.9 HR.

BTW, this would drive me insane if I'm Zorro. lol
Attached Images
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:03 PM   #34
zrog2000
All Star Starter

And then there is this.
Attached Images
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:16 PM   #35
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyflamingos View Post
Welcome all new people. Good Luck to everyone this season. Looks like some interesting divisions ... Glad I am not in the NC ...
Between you and the Freaks, our division is no cake walk either...not that they ever are in this league. Good luck everyone! (Humboldt Green here).
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #36
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Colonels' fans suffered through a 3-7 road trip to open the season. While the record is alarming, team owner Otto Orcin is trying to rationalize another disappointing start by pointing out that the trip featured three tough opponents in parks that are built for offense while his team allegedly emphasizes pitching and defense. There wasn't much pitching on display by the Colonels during the trip as they allowed 60 runs in the 10 games, 14th out of 15 teams in the P413NC.

The team comes home for a nine-game stretch and improvement is expected... no, demanded... or else heads will roll. Rumors swirl around the team as one high-profile regular, recently deceased and certainly playing like it, has already been benched. One report has Orcin checking the AH on a minute-by-minute basis, but the talent pool is shallow on a Monday afternoon as most team owners are still at work and have yet to survey the early returns for their clubs.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:49 PM   #37
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

Monday and Wednesday are always the toughest days for me. Working 8am to 8pm makes it hard to make adjustments. Hoping my team is staying above water when I get back home tonight.

Wilmington Blue Rocks
sharpk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:55 PM   #38
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Here's an early look at the standings...

Name:  standings.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  248.5 KB
Old 02-25-2019, 07:03 PM   #39
joehart
All Star Starter

Really appreciate all the posts with the standings. Very helpful when I am away and can’t see the standings.

The upcoming mobile app is going to be a hit with perfect team owners.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:31 PM   #40
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
P413 S13-2031 Roster Audit

AC WEST
Quebec 14
Daytona 49
Bedford 33
Redmond 50