Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-23-2019, 03:09 PM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

a just for fun what if

You have to pick one or the other and live by your decision 100%. You can enjoy the one you pick as much as your heart desires for the entire spring and summer, but you have to live completely without the other. So, let's say you have to choose between OOTP or real baseball. Which one do you choose?

Not even a tough decision for me.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
Yarideki
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
You have to pick one or the other and live by your decision 100%. You can enjoy the one you pick as much as your heart desires for the entire spring and summer, but you have to live completely without the other. So, let's say you have to choose between OOTP or real baseball. Which one do you choose?

I'd have to say I'd pick to keep OOTP just because the barrage of mid-game advertising in trying to watch or even listen to an actual MLB game feels like way too much for me. Plus, OOTP works better with my daily life because when work gets hectic I know I can pick up right where I left off the night before managing my Tigers to hopefully not the worst record in my current day MLB setup. Even if I had to only play fictional and forego the current MLB in OOTP, I'd still find a lot of enjoyment in crafting my universe. Plus, I'd have you all to share it with if I did.
Yarideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:31 PM   #3
albatross11
All Star Reserve

I have pretty much zero interest in MLB.

albatross
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #4
TomVeal
All Star Starter

If only I had enough to time to follow real life baseball closely, that would be the obvious choice. Since I don't, OOTP is a decent substitute.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:27 PM   #5
jdw31158
Minors (Double A)

Ootp

Last edited by jdw31158; 02-23-2019 at 06:29 PM.
jdw31158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:38 PM   #6
mlbman
Minors (Double A)

I would choose OOTP because I get to see baseball played by my heroes and I get to relive those wonderful pennant races of summers past.
mlbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:33 AM   #7
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Real baseball in any form but by a slim margin.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:59 AM   #8
Palaaemon
Minors (Triple A)

That is a very difficult question to answer. After much thought I have come to the conclusion that if I go with MLB over OOTP that OOTP would still be there waiting there for me after the baseball season is over (for the winter break). Along that way of thinking, if I went the other way, OOTP instead of MLB, I would lose out on the MLB season forever. I know there are some arguements some may make contrary to that train of thought, but if I could not watch and follow the season it's lost for me.

Also this would give me the chance to bring out my old trusty and true Statis Pro Baseball (non computer version) and get back into the nostalgia of yesteryear that I played as a teenager. So it would all work out...to a certain degree...if I HAD to make a choice.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:23 AM   #9
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I'd pick OOTP because of the insane money MLB players make.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:09 AM   #10
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
ootp > mlb
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:28 AM   #11
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I do know this, last week when Manny Machado signed with the Padres, I was more interested in the fact that Mickey Mantle had just made the decision to leave the Kansas City Foxes in favor of a free agent deal with the Dallas Axemen. That Mike Schmidt said goodbye to Cleveland to head to Pittsburgh.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:55 AM   #12
zappa1
All Star Starter

I choose real baseball. But it's fading fast with all the stupid new rules they come up with. That's what ultimately will finally drive me away. They keep saying how they're losing fan interest, so they need to make new rules. Well, so far the fan interest is still going down. Did they ever think, gee, maybe we're making it worse instead of better? No. They don't ever think it's there own fault.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:01 AM   #13
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Real baseball and it’s not even close. I love OOTP, but still love baseball anymore. Unfortunately, with a 2 year old and 9 month old I don’t get to play OOTP as often. I can still play with my girls and have MLB on tv. I’m also hoping to pass down my love for the game to them. My oldest already loves going to Reds Fest each December and got excited when she saw the Reds on tv yesterday. I love that.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:10 AM   #14
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

OOTP...I actually know my fictional players better than the real ones.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #15
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I would choose OOTP as Baseball is making way too many dumb rule changes I guess Roger Goodall is contagious in spreading stupidity around.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:45 PM   #16
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post

Why are you so cruel to your fellow humans?

I must pick OOTP.

(cancels MLB.tv subscription while dissolving in tears)

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #17
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I choose real baseball. But it's fading fast with all the stupid new rules they come up with. That's what ultimately will finally drive me away. They keep saying how they're losing fan interest, so they need to make new rules. Well, so far the fan interest is still going down. Did they ever think, gee, maybe we're making it worse instead of better? No. They don't ever think it's there own fault.
So you mean ruining the most exciting play in sports (play at the plate) wasn't a good idea? I'd be for rule changes to restore pace of play and the balance that made baseball great.

So for the original question OOTP by a mile.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:17 PM   #18
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeams View Post
Real baseball in any form but by a slim margin.

this^

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #19
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaaemon View Post
That is a very difficult question to answer. After much thought I have come to the conclusion that if I go with MLB over OOTP that OOTP would still be there waiting there for me after the baseball season is over (for the winter break). Along that way of thinking, if I went the other way, OOTP instead of MLB, I would lose out on the MLB season forever. I know there are some arguements some may make contrary to that train of thought, but if I could not watch and follow the season it's lost for me.

Also this would give me the chance to bring out my old trusty and true Statis Pro Baseball (non computer version) and get back into the nostalgia of yesteryear that I played as a teenager. So it would all work out...to a certain degree...if I HAD to make a choice.

well said & this year would be a tough one to miss.

Diaz, Cano, Ramos, Lowrie, Blanco, Raja Davis...

I'm pretty excited.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:28 PM   #20
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

I would probably go back and forth on this. Right now I'm in a bit of an OOTP rut, and have set it aside, so it would be real baseball. If I were in an OOTP groove though, OOTP would probably be top dog.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote