Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-23-2019, 10:42 PM   #41
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
But this game is played under 2010 conditions or something, so I'm not sure what your point is.
The game is not played "under 2010 (actually 2011) conditions". The stats are equalized to 2011. That's hardly the same thing. The digital players don't have weight rooms and trainers. It's a silly argument.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:07 PM   #42
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

To confuse matters even more, the stats are only partially equalized to 2011. This is how we have power hitting deadball era players who field so poorly that the only position they can reliable play is the DH. Even the "realistic" players are fictional.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:21 PM   #43
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The game is not played "under 2010 (actually 2011) conditions". The stats are equalized to 2011. That's hardly the same thing. The digital players don't have weight rooms and trainers. It's a silly argument.
Let's simplify things. The Future Legends are guys who are alive. The All-Time Legends are mostly guys who are dead. You tell me why the alive guys are fantasy and the dead guys are OK? It's all fantasy, so HRBaker somehow drawing the fantasy line at FL makes no sense.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:30 PM   #44
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

By the way, I think they used to be called Historical Legends, but it looks like they changed the name to All-time Legends, perhaps to more clearly delineate that these aren't standard historical cards. Also perhaps to avoid confusion with Historical All Stars.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-23-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:08 AM   #45
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Let's simplify things. The Future Legends are guys who are alive. The All-Time Legends are mostly guys who are dead. You tell me why the alive guys are fantasy and the dead guys are OK? It's all fantasy, so HRBaker somehow drawing the fantasy line at FL makes no sense.
The Future Legends haven't done anything in baseball yet. Some of them never will. The All-Time Legends actually are legends.

You can rate the past and be accurate but you can never rate the future and be accurate.

I'd prefer all ratings in the game to be accurate. And now some of these historical cards are joining the Future Legend cards as not being accurate.

Last edited by zrog2000; 02-24-2019 at 11:09 AM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:47 AM   #46
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Man, some of you will go through hoops to discredit modern players. Drawing arbitrary lines between fantasy and accuracy.

Honus Wagner with a 92 Contact rating vs. Pedro Martinez...totally accurate.
Vlad Guerrero Jr. with a 92 Contact rating vs. Pedro Martinez...might as well be a Pokemon card.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-24-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #47
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Man, some of you will go through hoops to discredit modern players. Drawing arbitrary lines between fantasy and accuracy.

Honus Wagner with a 92 Contact rating vs. Pedro Martinez...totally accurate.
Vlad Guerrero Jr. with a 92 Contact rating vs. Pedro Martinez...might as well be a Pokemon card.
Look, I'm not arguing with you. I'm a baseball historian, and the super players just rub me the wrong way. It's that simple.

Lifting the limit on fantasy "because it's all fantasy anyway" is inviting Superman, Batman, and the Hulk to be added next. There has to be a limit as to how far you stretch the envelope.

Last edited by HRBaker; 02-24-2019 at 03:20 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:14 AM   #48
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

To me, it seems like they are working things out now, in PT 19, to get it ready for PT 20 in a couple of months' time. That would explain the abrupt shift in how peak cards seem to be created, the change in names, etc.

I say keep posting your opinions on the changes! We know they are reading what's be written (and always have) so I find that opinions really count here.

In that vein, count me amongst those who aren't thrilled with the latest development. I don't mind peak Pedro being the "best" card in PT but to have peak Red Ruffing at #2, especially when the aformentioned peak Nolan Ryan (which I happen to have on my team) is rated as an 88. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. That said, it's nice to see a peak Ichiro rated at 93. That's fair.

However, I have faith that, given this is a work in progress still, things will get sorted when the new version comes out. As a community, we can all broadly agree who the best players in baseball history are; those players should, by and large, also be the best cards in PT.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:35 AM   #49
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
In that vein, count me amongst those who aren't thrilled with the latest development. I don't mind peak Pedro being the "best" card in PT but to have peak Red Ruffing at #2, especially when the aformentioned peak Nolan Ryan (which I happen to have on my team) is rated as an 88. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. That said, it's nice to see a peak Ichiro rated at 93. That's fair.

However, I have faith that, given this is a work in progress still, things will get sorted when the new version comes out. As a community, we can all broadly agree who the best players in baseball history are; those players should, by and large, also be the best cards in PT.
Kris confirmed on the discord that for OOTP20 all peak cards will use the new formula, so many of the underwhelming peak cards are going to be a lot better than they are in 19. How that shakes out *exactly* as far as what the best cards are is to be determined, though.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:20 PM   #50
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

So I just pulled the Joe Kelley card - best pull ever. Looks like the posted ratings are off a bit.
Attached Images
humboldt1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:35 PM   #51
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldt1498 View Post
So I just pulled the Joe Kelley card - best pull ever. Looks like the posted ratings are off a bit.
Ahhhh, that makes way more sense than his 128/65 Contact split. Must have been a calculation error.

He went from #1 OBP vL and #100-something vR on my rankings, to #7 & #13. I've got him #12 / #22 for OPS. He's actually an even better player now than the posted one considering this one is much better vR and still excellent vL.

And not even just a great hitter...excellent runner and decent corner OF. Most of hitters around his level aren't both good defenders and runners. Most are neither.

Perfect Cobb, Perfect Wagner, and 99 Ruth are the only other players that hit better than him and are quality fielders and runners.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-26-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:59 PM   #52
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

You guys can all go pound sand...

Give me Sidd Finch!!!

I'll pay big bucks. April 1st is around the corner...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote