Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-16-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Fatigue performance Breakdown

Is there an explanation of fatigue on performance?

Does fatigue impact a player learning position?

I am surprised that i can have a starter throw a complete game and at the end have zero health status, yet give up zero runs and only a couple hits.
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:49 PM   #2
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
I am surprised that i can have a starter throw a complete game and at the end have zero health status, yet give up zero runs and only a couple hits.
Not sure why that's a surprise? Fatigue is based on pitches thrown, not runs allowed or hits given up, just the same as it is in the core game.

But even if that starter only threw 50 pitches they would still be tired the following day (though their rest status wouldn't be zero). This is a mechanic built in to reflect modern-day pitcher usage.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #3
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Is there an explanation of fatigue on performance?

Does fatigue impact a player learning position?

I think you are conflating Fatigue and Stamina. Stamina is about how long they can last in a game. Fatigue is how worn down they are. Whether a pitcher throws 100 pitches or 150 pitches is determined by their Stamina, but in both cases they will be at 0% the next day. Maybe a short outing will allow them to be higher than 0% the next day, but not much.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-16-2019 at 04:17 PM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #4
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
I think you are conflating Fatigue and Stamina. Stamina is about how long they can last in a game. Fatigue is how worn down they are. Whether a pitcher throws 100 pitches or 150 pitches is determined by their Stamina, but in both cases they will be at 0% the next day. Maybe a short outing will allow them to be higher than 0% the next day, but not much.
thank you.
But how does their fatigue effect performance?
Does .300 hitter become .250 hitter if playing at 50%?

A pitcher throws a great CG. Their status during the game drops.
So in the 9th inning it is just dumb luck that they threw a shutout even though their status is at 10%
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:31 AM   #5
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
thank you.
But how does their fatigue effect performance?
Does .300 hitter become .250 hitter if playing at 50%?

A pitcher throws a great CG. Their status during the game drops.
So in the 9th inning it is just dumb luck that they threw a shutout even though their status is at 10%
I'm really not sure on batters, but the underperformance of catchers in general, who fatigue faster, seems to point to them definitely getting a performance drop.

Now for pitchers, it doesn't seem to be that starting at 80% makes the pitcher's performance much worse, just a little bit shorter.

Below is my pitching staff for my Diamond League team. These have been the only 4 pitchers I've used all year with no pitch count settings. They are the #3 ERA starters in my conference and my team is in 1st overall in the league by 5 wins. So, it pretty much hasn't hurt my team with a 4-man rotation. I do have a 7-man bullpen for this team, but I bet with a bullpen full of starters, I could easily get by with a 5-6 man pen.

One thing to keep in mind with a 4-man is they still get in about 1/4-1/3 of their starts at 100% due to off-days, so you still can get a few 9 innings starts in.
Attached Images

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 03-02-2019 at 11:33 AM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:05 PM   #6
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Yeah I dont quite get it, towards the back end of a season when I already had 100+ wins and clinched everything - I wanted to try something and I ran Charlie Robertson out there in back to back games with my entire staff benched except one reliever. Yet it seemed to have no impact, he still pitched 6 innings and won the second game with a decent performance (better than his first game) - despite starting the game with less than 20% stamina.

And I also was testing relievers too, and I ran out Familia, who has like ~15 stamina or so, with all my pitchers benched. He pitched 5 scoreless innings, and then the game brought in one of my starters even though I had him benched.

So who knows how this all works. Perhaps it modifies chance, not pure ratings. So fatigued guys have a greater chance of under performing, but if that chance isnt triggered then they perform normally? Whenever I tried to force fatigued goes, or over use a pitcher beyond his fatigue capabilities, they have performed normally (or in the case of Familia, way beyond expectations haha). But its a very small sample I messed with at seasons end.

Never gave thought to trying this over a whole season or extended peroid. Perhaps someone is bored and wants to try wacky experiments. On the flip side, im sure if anyone seems someone trying to run these experiments, they will complain yada yada as per usual.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote