Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Dugout Wizards - Historical league converting to 18, has openings

Dugout Wizards is converting to OOTP 18 and has several openings. It's a league that started with the 1964 season with full minors. We're in the offseason, having just completed 1966.

Available teams are the California Angels, Kansas City A's (moving to Oakland in '68), Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies, St. Louis Cardinals and Washington Senators. It's possible a few others may open up as I'm still waiting to hear from a few people.
  • Coaches are on (I've created real coaches for all teams as historically accurate as possible).
  • Scouting is off.
  • The ratings scale we're using is 2-8.
  • Injuries are set to 'Low'
  • Finances are on with reserve clause in effect
  • Amateur draft occurs each June

I've posted more of the basics of the league on the main website (http://simsportleagues.com/index.php/baseball/dwb). I am currently building a new website and we are also using Slack now so don't be alarmed by the lack of recent forum posts on the current website.

We have a good solid group of GMs in an era with a lot of big names still active (Aaron, Mays, Mantle, Koufax, etc), others just starting out in the bigs (Reggie, Catfish, Carew, Ryan) and a slew of the 70s best players working their way through the minors (Bench, Seaver, Bonds).

If you have any questions, you can reply to this post, PM me here or submit an email through my website's "Info" link at the top of the page.

Thanks for taking a look!

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Hi Joe,

After a couple of years off from baseball simming, I have 18 and would like to get back into the league.

I can take:

1. Cardinals
2. Dodgers
3. Phillies

Thanks,
Michael
Old 04-16-2017, 10:47 PM   #3
derrekj
Bat Boy

Nats

Are the Senators still open? My fav current team is the Nats.
derrekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:20 AM   #4
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrekj View Post
Are the Senators still open? My fav current team is the Nats.
Yep, they're still available. Shoot me a PM with your email address & name so I can get you added to the game and send you a Slack invite.

Thanks!

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Old 04-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #5
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

In addition to the Cardinals, the Dodgers and Angels have also been claimed (and hopefully the Senators as well).

That leaves the Athletics and Phillies. Philadelphia is a really good team that won the pennant in '64 and has finished second the last two seasons. They have some great pitching in Chris Short, Jim Bunning & Dennis Bennett (as well as a young Rick Wise & Woody Fryman and some guy named Fergie Jenkins). The hitting is solid - not many big names, but very capable.

The A's will soon be wrapping up their time in KC and will be moving to Oakland with some very promising talent in the pipeline. Reggie Jackson's the biggest name - he's just 20 and already in the bigs (he probably was rushed and should still be in the minors, but is a ridiculously talented player). Other names familiar to those who remember the Charlie Finley dynasty era would be Paul Lindblad, Joe Rudi, Blue Moon Odom, & Bert Campaneris. They also have 17-year-old Don Baylor and 19-year-old Jim Spencer in the system. So this is a team that isn't ready to compete right now but has a ton of upside down the road and picks 4th in the next draft so they'll be adding yet another top prospect.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #6
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Bumping - just sent out the league file to restart and figured I'd give one last try for new GMs before we start the 1966-67 offseason activities.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:23 PM   #7
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

Dugout Wizards

Sent you an email via the Wizards website. Do I need to post here? Regarding potential takeover of the Athletics or waiting until the Royals come on board as an expansion team.

Or you can contact me at the email below.

Philip
frphilip3@gmail.com
Monarch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:30 PM   #8
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

Also just sent a PM.

Philip
KC Fan
Old 04-23-2017, 09:20 AM   #9
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarch3 View Post
Also just sent a PM.

Philip
KC Fan
I just replied to your PM.

Thanks!

Old 04-23-2017, 03:34 PM   #10
jasonzimmie
Minors (Double A)

sent you a pm
jasonzimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:08 AM   #11
drogg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

hello

[QUOTE=legendsport;4185834]Dugout Wizards is converting to OOTP 18 and has several openings. It's a league that started with the 1964 season with full minors. We're in the offseason, having just completed 1966.

Available teams are the California Angels, Kansas City A's (moving to Oakland in '68), Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies, St. Louis Cardinals and Washington Senators. It's possible a few others may open up as I'm still waiting to hear from a few people.
  • Coaches are on (I've created real coaches for all teams as historically accurate as possible).
  • Scouting is off.
  • The ratings scale we're using is 2-8.
  • Injuries are set to 'Low'
  • Finances are on with reserve clause in effect
  • Amateur draft occurs each June
I've posted more of the basics of the league on the main website (http://simsportleagues.com/index.php/baseball/dwb). I am currently building a new website and we are also using Slack now so don't be alarmed by the lack of recent forum posts on the current website.

We have a good solid group of GMs in an era with a lot of big names still active (Aaron, Mays, Mantle, Koufax, etc), others just starting out in the bigs (Reggie, Catfish, Carew, Ryan) and a slew of the 70s best players working their way through the minors (Bench, Seaver, Bonds).

If you have any questions, you can reply to this post, PM me here or submit an email through my website's "Info" link at the top of the page.

Thanks for taking a look![/
I be interested and contact me at JHSchankenIII@gmail.com
drogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #12
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

I've contacted everyone who has expressed interest & we may be full (waiting on confirmation from a few people).

Old 04-24-2017, 11:01 AM   #13
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Joe

Sent PM in reply. Are we in transition to 18 or using 17?

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #14
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineywoods OOTPer View Post
Joe

Sent PM in reply. Are we in transition to 18 or using 17?
We're using 18.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #15
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Sent a PM about concerns with file and other stuff.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #16
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

I hope I'm one of the ones you are waiting on confirmation from as I would love to take over the Kansas City Athletics as were were exploring in PMs.

I sent another PM, but did not get a confirmation copy yet, so I thought I'd post a brief note here.

Please let me know what you need to get me set up. My email is frphilip3@gmail.com.

Philip Hubbard
GM and Manager (I hope), KC Athletics

Last edited by Monarch3; 04-24-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:37 PM   #17
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

Steam or Direct Download

I'm buying the new version for the league, but hesitated before pulling the trigger. Do I buy the Steam version or the Direct Download? Seems like Steam would be easier to keep up to date with the latest patches. On the other hand, I can get a 10% discount with the Sleeper and the Bust podcast discount code, which helps them out too.

Leaning toward helping out the Paul Sporer and the podcast crew (where I learned about OOTP), but wanted to get some league advice. Would love to get this all done and set up tonight (4/24).

Thanks!
Philip
Old 04-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #18
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm buying the new version for the league, but hesitated before pulling the trigger. Do I buy the Steam version or the Direct Download? Seems like Steam would be easier to keep up to date with the latest patches. On the other hand, I can get a 10% discount with the Sleeper and the Bust podcast discount code, which helps them out too.

Leaning toward helping out the Paul Sporer and the podcast crew (where I learned about OOTP), but wanted to get some league advice. Would love to get this all done and set up tonight (4/24).

Thanks!
Philip
Doesn’t matter. It's the same either way. FWIW, I have the Steam version. The patches for the steam version are delayed by a few days.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2017, 10:54 PM   #19
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the word on steam vs. direct download. Would love to get one or two others to weigh in whether they have found one or the other format preferable. Direct download would not require being connnected to the internet, right? Except to play in Challenge Mode and track achievements?

Thanks again for any advice.
Philip
Name:  a-s.gif
Views: 574
Size:  356 Bytes
Old 04-25-2017, 08:15 AM   #20
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the word on steam vs. direct download. Would love to get one or two others to weigh in whether they have found one or the other format preferable. Direct download would not require being connnected to the internet, right? Except to play in Challenge Mode and track achievements?

Thanks again for any advice.
Philip
Attachment 501992
I have the Steam version as well. I just find it easier from a patch standpoint. You don't necessarily need to be online to use it - Steam has an offline mode.