Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #61
wwines
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1 View Post
Thank you for the kind words, wwines! I did 'make' a quickstart just before opening day, but I've never done one before, so I'm not sure if it has everything.

For example, I noticed it only picked up the current caps and jerseys, not the entire set. Would I still be able to add those into the quickstart file?

I don't see a folder for the ballparks or the nation flag for Braeland in any folder either. Are they embedded somewhere in the quickstart, or should I add those as well?

I noticed that the other quickstarts that came with OOTP16 are 'quick.tar' files. But when I made my quickstart, it didn't save it as a zipfile. Do I need to make a zipfile of the league file myself when everything is set?
Not sure how to make a quickstart myself Reds1, if you wanted you could post the uniforms/caps/logos in a zip file like you've done with your MLB jerseys in your signature. Again great read and a fantastic start
Old 06-01-2015, 11:20 PM   #62
reds1
Hall Of Famer

--

See this page for updated graphics

Last edited by reds1; 03-31-2019 at 06:43 PM.
reds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #63
wwines
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1 View Post
I've posted links for my United Leagues of Braeland quickstart and related graphics to my signature below for anyone who's interested.
Thanks a ton Reds1, the logos/uniforms/caps and stadiums are really fantastic.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #64
reds1
Hall Of Famer

October 31, 1937

Eagles, Tigers Rule the Roost in October

Sherburn, Norwich (BP) – The Queensland Eagles and the Sherburn Tigers finished the month of October in first place in their respective leagues, but their reign on top of the standings is not necessarily an easy one.

Queensland, after a hot start where they raced out to an 11-2 record, has decidedly cooled off, finishing the rest of the month with a lukewarm 7-7 record. That still leaves them 3 games up on the second place Wellington Athletics, and 3-1/2 games ahead of both the Embro Suns and the Stratford Barons, but they may find themselves having company at the top of the standings in November if the trends continue. After residing in last place just two weeks ago, the Stratford Barons have caught fire, going 11-3 to close out the month. That puts them just a half-game behind Wellington for the wildcard. It will be interesting to see how much of a scare they can put into the Eagles as the season continues.

Over in the West, it seemed for most of the month that no one wanted to take control. Up until last week, as many as 4 teams were tied for top spot. However, some separation is now taking place. Thanks to a 12-2 stretch to round out the month, the Sherburn Tigers have taken hold of top spot, 1 game ahead of the Kingston Pelicans. In those 14 games, they swept the Balmoral Giants 7 games to none and took 5 of 7 from the Hespeler Stars. Kingston was almost as dominant, going 11-3 in the final two weeks. That stretch included taking 4 of 7 from the Fort Richmond Generals, a 4-game sweep of the Cambria Cannons and a 3-game sweep of the Wolseley Unions. In fact, the Pelicans put an exclamation mark on their month by defeating the Unions in a wild 22-10 game.

Are the top teams starting to emerge, or are others still to assert themselves in the months to come? We’ll soon see as we head into November.

The Awards for Hitter and Pitcher of the Month for each league were awarded. Not surprisingly, a pair of Queensland Eagles players won the honours in the Eastern League, namely, Jonathan Mabty and Darren Stewart. In the Western League, Okura Ito and Brady Murdy of the Kingston Pelicans took the awards.

[Editor’s note: Although OOTP hands out rookie awards, I was not intending to recognize any this season, since to me, all the players are ‘rookies’. If there is a rationale for handing out rookie awards in an inaugural season, then I’ll gladly change my mind.]

----------

And now for some notable events that took place in the second half of October, or, at least they were noteworthy to me:

Stratford’s Copeman First Player in ULB History with 6 Hits in One Game

10/18/1937 – Pat Copeman became the first United Leagues player to collect 6 hits in one game. He did it in the Barons’ 12-8 win over the Braeland City Monarchs. His historic day began with a double in the 1st inning followed by singles in the 2nd and 4th. His fourth hit came with a double in the 6th. RBI-singles came in both the 7th and 8th innings.

----------

Generals’ Graham Second Player in ULB History with 6 Hits in One Game

10/20/1937 – Just two days after Pat Copeman accomplished the feat, Fort Richmond shortstop Drew Graham pulled off the rarity as well, collecting 6 hits in the Generals 12-1 victory over the Kingston Pelicans. Graham started off with 4 straight singles in the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th innings. His fifth hit was a 3-run double in the 6th. He rounded his incredible day with a RBI double in the 8th inning.

----------

Fort Richmond Storms Back to Defeat Wolseley 9-8

10/23/1937 – This is why you play hard until the final out. The Fort Richmond Generals found themselves down 7-0 against the Wolseley Unions with just 6-outs remaining. But 5 runs in the 8th inning and 4 in the 9th completed a thrilling comeback. And they did it with singles and walks.

Unions SP Monte Key had things well under control through the first 7-innings, scattering 3 hits, surrendering a lone walk and striking out 3. But in the 8th, it all began to unravel for him.

Three straight singles to start the bottom of the 8th by relief pitcher Darren Whiteley, CF Kade Limeburner and IF Drew Graham brought in Whiteley for the Generals’ first run. SP Key then gave up 4 straight walks, bringing in an additional 3 runs. PH Sam Baldwin’s sacrifice fly made it 7-5 Wolseley before Darren Whitely, whose single began the comeback, grounded out to 2nd (4-3) to end the inning.

Wolseley would get a run back in the top of the 9th when PH Douglas Gallimore singled in C Joey Rushworth from third base.

But the Generals simply picked up where they left off in the bottom half of the inning.

After pitcher Dylan Tinlsey, who came into the game in relief of Monte Key, started the bottom half by getting Kade Limeburner to fly out, he gave up back-to-back singles to Drew Graham and RF Tyler Bainbridge. That was followed by a walk to LF Héctor Nájera that loaded the bases. 1B William Tozer hit Tinsley’s next pitch for a single, bringing in Drew Graham.

Fort Richmond was down to their last out when Tinsley got 3BTheo Gadd to popup to Unions’ 2B Steve Wadsworth.

But a 4-pitch walk to IF Jeremy Gammon and a 7-pitch walk to C Bryan Sorrell with the bases loaded brought in two runs to tie the game up at 8 runs apiece.

Relief pitcher Kantaro Sumita completed the comeback when he singled in William Tozer for the winning run, allowing him to pick up the win in the process.

The defeat overshadowed a fine offensive performance by Unions catcher Joey Rushworth, who went 5 for 5, with 3 runs and an RBI. Rushworth’s hits included a triple, two doubles and two singles, earning him player of the game honours.

Unions SP Monte Key also had a productive day at the plate, going 2-4 with a run and 2 RBIs.

But the story today was how the Generals never gave up, singling and walking their way from the brink, pulling out a thrilling victory for the home crowd. For the Unions, well tomorrow is a new day.

----------

Monarchs Defeat Eagles 9-7 to End Losing Skid

10/24/1937 – The Braeland City Monarchs have struggled in the early going of the 1937 season, and that was no more apparent than in their 12-game losing streak in the middle of the month. After defeating the Wellington Athletics on October 11 for their fourth win of the season, the Monarchs did not pick up their fifth win until October 24, when they defeated the Queensland Eagles, 9-7. In that stretch, they dropped their remaining 3 games against the Athletics, were swept 0-3 by the Downie Chiefs and went 0-3 against the Stratford Barons. They lost the first 3 games against the Eagles before finally stopping the bleeding. Here’s hoping November will be a little more kind to the Capital City.

----------

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:35 PM   #65
reds1
Hall Of Famer

For those that are following the Pelicans and Barons, here are some further screenshots of their October performance:

Kingston Pelicans

Stratford Barons

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #66
Tyke
All Star Starter

Nice run for the Barons, and they seem to have a decent balance between pitching and offence. All that's needed now is to keep up that level of performance the rest of the way.....
Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:10 PM   #67
wwines
Minors (Triple A)

Question for you Reds1...Did you alter the world.dat file so all players are from Braeland?
Old 06-05-2015, 12:29 AM   #68
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwines View Post
Question for you Reds1...Did you alter the world.dat file so all players are from Braeland?
No - I just added Braeland as a unique nation. Under League Settings>Players, I specified the nations that I wanted players to originate from, both as the default and in the Amateur Draft Pool. You should be able to go in and make adjustments to your liking.

Here are snapshots of the settings I made for the Default Player Origin (1st snapshot) and Amateur Draft Pool Origin (2nd):

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:05 PM   #69
reds1
Hall Of Famer

November 30, 1937

Eastern League: Queensland Holds Down Top Spot; Athletics Take a Tumble

The Queensland Eagles continue to maintain their hold on first place in the Eastern League, but they have not been able to tighten their grip appreciably over the past month. Offensively, the Eagles have dominated, ranking first in every category except strikeouts and stolen bases (6th and 7th respectively). The pitching and defense has been very respectable, ranking 2nd and 3rd in the majority of categories.

Five regulars are hitting over .300, with LF Jonathan Mabty batting .436/.512/.635, 7 HR, 44 RBI 41 R and 31 BB. But 2B Katsunan Chikafuji (.379/.417/.629, 11 HR, 41 RBI, 49 R, 18 BB), CF Terry Aspden (.337/.401/.586, 6 HR, 33 RBI, 34 R, 18 BB) and 1B Quentin Puddy (.343/.398/.480, 4 HR, 32 RBI, 31 R, 17 BB) are offering superb support in a stacked lineup.
LHP Max MacColl (6-5, 3.03) and RHP Darren Stewart (9-2, 3.35) lead the starting rotation.

Key Injuries: RHP Stewart Colcott (76/76; 2-1, 4.24) suffered shoulder inflammation back on October 17. He is out another 4 months.

Performance Highlight: LF Jonathan Mabty went 5 for 6 against the Cambria Cannons on November 20th, helping his club win 13-6. Mabty hit an RBI single in the 1st, an RBI single in the 3rd, an RBI single in the 4th, singled in the 6th, hit an RBI single in the 7th and flied out in the 9th.

--------

The Embro Suns have been a fairly average team, ranking 4th-6th in most offensive and pitching categories, yet they find themselves holding down the wild card spot with just 3.5 games separating them from 1st place Queensland. They lead Cobourg and Downie by just half a game. Thus far, they actually have a losing record at home (12-13) but have been more successful on the road (18-11).
1B Anthony Stavely has been the leader on offense (.322/.438/.541, 6 HR, 19 RBI, 22 R, 30 BB), but he is out for 4 weeks due to injury. LF Alejandro Valdéz (.351/.395/.486, 32 RBI, 37 R, 15 BB, 9 SB) and RF Paul Hooks (.324/.413/.488, 6 HR, 27 RBI, 23 R, 26 BB) have also bolstered the offense.
RHP Colm Soper (7-4, 3.06) is their top pitcher in the rotation, with RHP John Palm (4-1, 8 SV, 1.67) having a strong season thus far in relief.

Key Injuries: 1B Anthony Stavely suffered a torn meniscus (knee) on November 14. He is out of commission for 4 weeks.

Performance Highlight: LF Alejandro Valdés went 5 for 5against the Balmoral Giants back on November 19. Valdés hit an RBI single in the 1st, singled in the 3rd, singled in the 4th, doubled in the 6th, singled in the 8th and grounded out in the 9th.

--------

The Cobourg Red Stockings picked up some steam in November, moving 5 games above .500 and to within a half game of the wild card. Thus far, they have been road warriors. They’ve had to be with the schedule they’ve been given, going 23-16 on the road, but just 5-7 at home. But with key injuries inflicting them, it remains to be seen how they will compensate for them in December.
LF Yoshifumi Tamura (.351/.433/.492, 4 HR, 22 RBI, 34 R, 27 BB) and 3B Kenneth Logan (.312/.353/.507, 9 HR, 35 RBI, 34 R, 14 BB) have led a solid lineup that is rated 2nd in the majority of offensive categories.
LHP Joel Fearn (6-3, 2.12) and RFP Carlo Foronda (7-4, 3.96) have been the strong performers in the rotation, but with the long-term injury to Fearn, the Red Stockings may be in trouble.

Key Injuries: Joel Fearn is gone for 11-12 months, due to a torn rotator cuff suffered on November 26th. C Dave Wilson (.294/.395/.390, 3 HR, 25 RBI, 15 R, 24 BB) fractured his finger on November 17th. He is gone for 8 weeks.

--------

The Downie Chiefs have also moved 5 games above .500 and to within a half game of the wild card, thanks largely to their pitching and defense, which ranks 1st and 2nd in a slew of categories.
LF Lenny Wyatt (.318/.375/.473, 4 HR, 19 RBI, 13 R, 11 BB) has been the strongest performer on offense and with 3B Andy Johnson picking up steam (.305/.369/.440, 3 HR, 18 RBI, 21 R, 16 BB) after a slow start (due to an injury that kept out of the lineup until mid-October), the offense should only improve.
The pitching staff has been outstanding, led by RHP Frank Leadbeater (7-4, 2.78), LHP Robert Renton (6-4, 3.62) and RHP Bradley Paris (7-4, 2.19), who won Pitcher of the Month honours with a 0.66 ERA in November.

Key Injuries: None.

--------

The Stratford Barons have been playing just above .500 thus far, but it has seen them slip a little in the standings, as other teams around them started to heat up. The Barons have been pretty consistent, ranking 3rd and 4th in offensive categories and 2nd and 3rd on pitching/defensive categories.
RF Bryan Livesley (.363/.457/.559, 6 HR, 29 RBI, 34 R, 27 BB) has been the main workhorse in the lineup, with LF Eric Anderson (.310/.400/.471, 5 HR, 28 RBI, 33 R, 25 BB) right with him.
The pitching staff has been excellent thus far. LHP Justin Hayhurst (5-5, 2.26), LHP Ryan Borden (5-4, 3.31), LHP Kazuhiko Chikafuji (5-5, 3.44), and RHP Pete Malcolm (7-1, 2.66) are an enviable 1 through 4 in the rotation. RHP Garth Marks (0-2, 3.22) has done an admirable job in relief, after being called up from AAA Tansley due to an injury.

Key Injuries: RHP Ricardo Díaz (1-2, 5.80, 4 SV) is gone for 8 months after suffering a torn labrum (shoulder) back on November 21 against the Hespeler Stars.

--------

After going 15-12 in October, the Wellington Athletics had a disastrous November, stumbling 9-17 to fall 5 games below .500 and 9 games behind the league-leading Eagles.
1B Byron Tope (.342/.401/.517, 4 HR, 30 RBI, 17 R, 13 BB) has been one of their best players, although he has been mostly a utility player thus far. CF Bob Boynton (.288/.407/.424, 2 HR, 30 RBI, 33 R, 39 BB, 15 SB) has also had a fine season thus far.
The pitching staff has been mostly miserable, with only LHP Clyde Boney (8-2, 2.94) and relief pitcher RHP Bryan Newitt (2-2, 3.00, 7 SV) having any sustained success.

--------

The Brunswick Legends have not been able to get any traction going, and they have fallen 12 games back of 1st place. Their offense has been woeful (.243/.314/.348- all 8th in the Eastern League), with only CF Jamie Thurgood (.289/.382/.408, 3 HR, 30 RBI, 25 R, 22 BB) making a real contribution.
Three of their pitchers in the rotation have been quite respectable, but RHP Tong-yeop Lee (5-5, 3.18), LHP Matthew Monroe (2-4, 2.87) and RHP Roger Battle (1-5, 3.31) could use some run support.

--------

The Braeland City Monarchs didn’t have to endure any 12-game losing streaks in November, but they still won only 8 games in the month, to fall 18 games back of 1st place. There are a few bright spots in the lineup, notably 3B Louie Hetherington (.411/.473/.560, 2 HR, 26 RBI, 36 R, 26 BB) and C Julian Curnow (.275/.308/.368, 2 HR, 16 RBI, 25 R, 10 BB) contributing, but the offense will sorely miss CF Scott Kessler (.314/.382/.492, 6 HR, 24 RBI, 16 R, 13 BB) who will be out of the lineup another two weeks due to injury.
The pitching staff is a sorry lot, but RHP Jamie Gilmer (4-1, 2.89) has been a bright spot since being called up from AAA Clifton. Relief pitcher LHP Keith Mailes (2-2, 3.69) has done a serviceable job.

Key Injuries: 39-year old relief pitcher RHP Hyo-cheong Yu (0-1, 2.22, 7 SV) is gone for 8 months due to surgery to remove bone chips (elbow) and he will be sorely missed. CF Scott Kessler is suffering from hamstring tendinitis suffered in a game against the Fort Richmond Generals. He should be returning in two weeks.

--------

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:57 AM   #70
reds1
Hall Of Famer

November 30, 1937

Western League: Kingston Surges to Take Top Spot

The Kingston Pelicans, after a strong October have only gotten better, going 19-7 in November. The Pelicans have been dominating at home, boasting a 23-6 record thus far. It’s no surprise they have overtaken the Sherburn Tigers for first place in the Western League. Kingston ranks 1st in nearly all of the offensive categories. However, on pitching/defense, they appear to be somewhat vulnerable, ranking just 5th or 6th in a slew of categories, such as hits allowed, home runs allowed and BABIP.
SS Okura Ito (.401/.440/.585, 7 HR, 46 RBI, 44 R, 18 BB) has been the best player in a dominating lineup, supported by 2B Mo Symes (.350/.427/.530, 3 HR, 36 RBI, 36 R, 26 BB), C Cereno Tolentino (.304/.369/.558, 11 HR, 37 RBI, 38 R, 20 BB), 1B Robin Harney (.338/.424/.495, 42RBI, 45 R, 32 BB, 19 SB) and LF Jayden Tennant (.323/.414/.509, 5 HR, 29 RBI, 29 R, 24 BB). There does not appear to be a single weakness in the lineup – when healthy. Jayden Tennant is out for 3 weeks, which has forced Kingston to call up CF Soshu Shimizu (23/23) from AAA Douro.
Starting pitchers RHP Joey Cumberledge (6-5, 3.63), RHP Brady Murdy (9-1, 2.34) and RHP Darwin Monday (10-1, 3.00) anchor a strong rotation. Murdy, in fact, won his second Pitcher of the Month in November. RHP Simon Chell (1-0, 2.08, 3 SV) has been strong thus far pitching out of the bullpen.

Key Injuries: LHP Hirotada Fukushima (57/78) is still out with a hyperextended elbow. He is expected back in 5-6 weeks. LF Jayden Tennant suffered a hamstring strain in a game against the Braeland City Monarchs. He is out for 3 weeks.

--------

After going 19-9 in October, the Sherburn Tigers cooled off just a bit in November, with a 15-11 record. That has left them 3 games back of the Pelicans, but still 5-1/2 games ahead of Hespeler for the wild card. The Tigers are a well-balanced team, ranking 3rd-4th in most offensive and defensive/pitching categories. SS Gary Watkinson (.397/.494/.577, 1 HR, 28 RBI, 46 R, 37 BB, 16 SB) won Player of the Month in November, and 1B Fergus Chitty (.304/.430/.510, 5 HR, 37 RBI, 30 R, 44 BB) has also been outstanding.
The rotation has been steady, if not exactly dominant. RHP Hyo-jun Kim (4-2, 3.24) and ace RHP Neil Ledoux (7-4, 3.48) have led the way.

Key Injuries: RF Dong-min Lee (.263/.400/.329, 1 HR, 7 RBI, 11 R, 16 BB) broke his hand in a game against the Cobourg Red Stockings back on November 25th. He will be out of action for 3-4 months.

--------

The Hespeler Stars have done an admirable job in keeping in the thick of things in the Western League. They currently stand 3 games above .500, 5-1/2 games back of Sherburn for the wild card. Offensively, they are holding their own; they rank anywhere from 2nd to 4th in most categories. On the pitching/defensive side of things, it’s been a mixed bag: they rank 6th in starters’ ERA but 1st in bullpen ERA. At any rate, they will have to find a way to win on the road if they want to challenge Sherburn for the wild card. While they are an impressive 23-13 at home, they are only 5-12 on the road.
There has been some fine performances on offense, but the Stars have been bitten by the injury bug. C Kane Broom (.317/.340/.407, 1 HR, 36 RBI, 29 R, 8 BB), OF Toby Reakes (.316/.411/.414, 1 HR, 13 RBI, 37 R, 30 BB, 9 SB) and 3B Kian Meadmore (.259/.347/.463, 7 HR, 32 RBI, 19 R, 18 BB) have set the pace. However, Reakes is out for 2 weeks with an injury, as is OF Louie Maylam (.383/.449/.700, 4 HR, 17 RBI, 13 R, 8 BB).
On the pitching side of things, RHP Michael Wilberfoss (6-5, 2.83) is the ace of the rotation, with RHP Keith Kearney (3-2, 3.68, 2 SV) and RHP Dan Clark (2-0, 2.02, 4 SV) forming an outstanding bullpen.

Key Injuries: Relief pitcher Troy Fookes (36/26) has been out of commission with partially torn labrum since training camp. He is expected back in 4 weeks. OF Toby Reakes is nursing a herniated disk, suffered in a game against the Embro Suns on November 26th. He should be back in two weeks. RF Louie Maylam strained his hamstring in a game against the Sherburn Tigers on November 21st. He is expected back in a couple of days.
--------

The Wolseley Unions have been treading water, unable to take a step forward due in large part to a weak pitching staff. While offensively they have been average in the Western League (4th in nearly all categories), they are rated 8th in practically all pitching/defensive areas.
C Joey Rushworth (.340/.367/.452, 3 HR, 23 RBI, 30 R, 9 BB) and CF Terence Durney (.267/.363/.472, 6 HR, 23 RBI, 35 R, 28 BB, 10 SB) are the offensive leaders of the team.
RHP Augusto Rocha (7-3, 3.00) and LHP Monte Key (7-3, 3.68) have distinguished themselves on an otherwise undistinguished rotation.

Key Injuries: LHP Edward Hill (63/67) is sorely missed, having ruptured his bicep tendon in his first start back on October 5th. He will be out for another 5 months. Relief pitcher RHP Dylan Tinlsey (1-2, 6.43, 2 SV) fractured his ankle back on November 9th in a game against Sherburn. He is out for another 3-4 months. 3B Mike Monkton (.255/.313/.395, 5 HR, 30 RBI, 22 R, 17 BB) is suffering from hamstring tendinitis since November 28th. He is expected back in 1-2 weeks.

Performance Highlight: LF Harold Yoder had a field day against the Braeland City Monarchs on November 26th. He racked up 5 hits in 6 at-bats -- and helped propel the Unions to a 13-3 victory. Yoder singled in the 1st, doubled in the 3rd, grounded out in the 4th, doubled in the 6th, singled in the 7th and singled in the 8th.

--------

The Fort Richmond Generals have been a .500 team thus far into the season, despite a schedule that has seen them play 40 games at home (21-19) and only 12 on the road (5-7). That may put them in tough as they begin to spend more time on the road in the ensuing months. The team has been average to below average on offense and pitching/defense (5th to 7th).
SS Louis Paycocke (.315/.389/.383, 1 HR, 11 RBI, 15 R, 18 BB), LF Héctor Nájera (.227/.425/.391, 5 HR, 17 RBI, 22 R, 44 BB) and CF Kade Limeburner (.346/.430/.716, 7 HR, 17 RBI, 19 R, 12 BB) have provided the offensive punch for the team.
In the rotation, RHP Francis Slocock (8-3, 2.99) and RHP Tristan Purss (6-4, 3.36) have done an admirable job. But there is a steep drop-off after them. Relief pitcher LHP Jon Scurrah (3-1, 2.01) has acquitted himself quite well since being called up from AAA Marleton.

Key Injuries: Kade Limeburner experienced shoulder stiffness back on November 13 against the Brunswick Legends. He is expected back in 5 more days. RF Tyler Bainbridge (.288/.316/.399, 2 HR, 13 RBI, 21 R, 7 BB) fractured his finger against Braeland City. He will be out for another 3-4 weeks.

--------

The Balmoral Giants currently sit 7 games below .500, 13.5 games back of first place. Only their starting rotation has performed well, rated 1st in starters’ ERA (3.63) and 2nd in overall ERA (3.82).
3B Héctor Gonzáles (.333/.391/.492, 6 HR, 31 RBI, 25 R, 18 BB), SS Vince Bailey (.309/.345/.433, 3 HR, 21 RBI, 27 R, 11 BB, 11 SB) and LF Chance Doerr (.321/.363./.524, 2 HR, 9 RBI, 16 R, 6 BB) have stood out thus far on an unremarkable lineup.
Meanwhile, RHP Noriaki Ito (3-6, 3.46), LHP Ethan Umbleby (6-5, 2.94) and RHP Derek Cawley (5-4, 3.16) have done a fine job in giving the Giants a chance to win in most games.

Key Injuries: Héctor Gonzáles has been dealing with back stiffness since November 13th; he should be back in the lineup in a day or two. 1B Kensaka Miura (.260/.342/.356, 2 HR, 15 RBI, 13 R, 13 BB) has been dealing with a case of back tightness this past week. He should also be back in a day or two.

Performance Highlight: SS Vince Bailey got 5 hits in 5 at-bats against the Stratford Barons on November 28. However, Stratford picked up the victory, topping the Giants 8-6. Bailey doubled in the 1st, doubled in the 3rd, singled in the 5th, singled in the 7th and singled in the 9th.

--------

The Pulberry Trolleys took a tumble in November, going 9-17 to fall 11 games below .500 and 15.5 games out of first place. The Trolleys have had a tough go on the road, winning only 6 of 20 games thus far and have largely been woeful on both side of the ball, rating either dead last offensively or next to last on the pitching/defense side of things.
That’s not to say that there haven’t been some fine performances to report. 3B Taisuke Adachi (.351/.433/.568, 4 HR, 21 RBI, 20 R, 16 BB), 1B Jong-Hoon Kim (.307/.376/.438, 4 HR, 17 RBI, 31 R, 21 BB), 2B Michael Batterham (.312/.380/.389, 1 HR, 21 RBI, 21 R, 19 BB) and CF Rio Gidley (.264/.320/.442, 3 HR, 34 RBI, 36 R, 18 BB) have all had their moments.
In the rotation, RHP Nick Paddock (3-6, 3.48) had been the only remotely effective pitcher. But the Trolleys may have received a blow when he suffered an undisclosed injury on November 29 against the Cobourg Red Stockings. Pulberry recently traded for RHP Byron Gratwick (0-2, 9.64) from the Cambria Cannons, but that has yet to work out. On the other hand, RHP Larry Parrish (2-4, 3.80, 2 SV) and RHP Jayden Bairstow (1-1, 3.62, 3 SV) have both been effective when used.

Key Injuries: Besides RHP Nick Paddock, whose diagnosis is still pending, the Trolleys are without the services of RF Iván Fernández (.266/.318/.418, 2 HR, 18 RBI, 29 R, 13 BB), who is suffering from chronic back soreness since November 26. He will be out for 2 weeks.

--------

The Cambria Cannons have been firing blanks since the season began. They currently find themselves 15 games below .500 and 17.5 games back of first place. Ironically enough, they do not rank dead last in any offensive or pitching/defensive category; in fact, they are first in the Western League in fewest hits allowed, opponents AVG, BABIP and strikeouts and second in defensive efficiency. But they do not excel in anything else.
1B Keane Fysh (.329/.409/.477, 4 HR, 23 RBI, 25 R, 22 BB), LF Joe Olver (.272/.319/.415, 5 HR, 26 RBI, 24 R, 12 BB), SS Hyun-jung Moon (.271/.325/.385, 3 HR, 20 RBI, 29 R, 16 BB) and 3B Stanton Smith (.279/.352/.401, 5 HR, 23 RBI, 19 R, 19BB) have carried the bulk of the offense.
However, the Cannons have not been getting even remotely decent pitching. Only RHP Neil Guerin (5-8, 3.12) has provided a solid performance. With the trade of Byron Gratwick (2-6, 2.54) to Pulberry, the pitching ranks are even thinner.

Key Injuries: Relief pitcher RHP Karl Ough (0-0, 5.00, 2 SV) has been out since October 29th due to a rotator cuff inflammation. He will be out for another 5 weeks.

--------

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:30 AM   #71
reds1
Hall Of Famer

December 6, 1937

United Leagues Holds Inaugural Amateur Draft

Brunswick, Perth (BP) – The United Leagues took some time out from playing baseball to conduct the 1937 Amateur Draft, the first in league history. General Managers and other team representatives converged at the YMCA auditorium in Brunswick on December 6 to select from roughly 130 eligible young hopefuls, from Braeland’s college and high school ranks, as well as players from overseas.

The draft consisted of 8 rounds, with the order of selection determined by team performance over the first two months of the 1937 season. On that basis, the Braeland City Monarchs ‘earned’ the 1st overall selection, followed by the Cambria Cannons.

Here is a brief look at the athletes selected in the first round:

1st pick:

Braeland City Monarchs – 2B Trevor Bolen (22/78) – Canadian Trevor Bolen earned the distinction of becoming the first player selected in the United Leagues Amateur Draft. Bolen is projected to hit for high contact (40/65) with some power (25/40) and a lot of speed (speed-60/stealing-70/baserunning-55).
Defensively, he will not embarrass himself (2B-60/LF-30). He is also appreciated for his baseball smarts and as having a reputation as a team leader.
The switch-hitting Bolen is expected to join the club immediately with a chance to start and lead off against left-handers.

2nd pick:

Cambria Cannons – OF Ron Westmacott (23/80) – the first Braelander and Stratfordite selected, Westmacott should be an offensive force, boasting solid contact (45/60) and outstanding power potential (30/50). He also projects to be an outstanding base stealer (speed-70/stealing-75/baserunning-65).
Defensively, he looks to be average to slightly below average (LF-55/CF-45/RF-50). He comes with a reputation as being a good influence on his teammates.
The left-handed Westmacott will join the Cannons and begin his career as their fourth outfielder.

3rd pick:

Pulberry Trolleys – IF Colin Strudwick (22/75) – Strudwick’s vision will be his greatest strength. He projects to hit for high contact (45/65), but don’t expect much power (25/30). He has above average speed, but will need to work on his base running skills (speed-70/stealing-55/baserunning-25).
Strudwick should acquit himself fine defensively, especially at shortstop (2B-45/SS-55). He is noted for his strong work ethic and baseball smarts, constantly studying up on his opponents.
It’s expected Strudwick will start with Pulberry’s AA team, the Hopetown Islanders.

4th pick:

Brunswick Legends – SP LHP Anastasio Rodríguez (45/79) – The first pitcher selected in the draft, the Panamanian Rodríguez combines good stuff (40/45) with great movement (60/70) and very good control (40/65). A groundball pitcher that can through into the low 90’s, the left-handed Rodríguez main pitches are the sinker and forkball, backed by a slider and a developing changeup.
A quiet and introverted fellow, Rodríguez will start off working out of the bullpen for the Legends.

5th pick:

Balmoral Giants – 1B Jim Friend (23/74) – the left-handed Friend brings with him a tremendous offensive package, with outstanding contact (45/60), gap power (50/50) and plate discipline (55/70). Friend looks to be the Giants’ clean-up hitter of the future. Friend will start off in AA, with the Georgetown Goldbugs.

Here are the rest of the first round selections:

6th pick:

Fort Richmond Generals – SP RHP Oscar Burruss (63/78) – stuff (40/50), movement (65/70) and control (35/55). His makeup is a serious concern to a number of scouts.

7th pick:

Wellington Athletics – SP RHP Kelvin Hutchinson (21/77) – stuff (35/40), movement (65/75) and control (30/55). A baseball rat.

8th pick:

Stratford Barons – SP RHP Denzel Vyse (21/74) - stuff (30/50), movement (60/70) and control (30/50). Introverted.

9th pick:

Wolseley Unions – SP RHP Luke Woodward (21/67) – stuff (35/45), movement (50/65) and control (25/55). His drive to make the most of his tools is a concern.

10th pick:

Hespeler Stars – OF Steven Winstanley (23/67) – contact (45/60), gap power (45/55) and eye (40/55). A good influence.

11th pick:

Downie Chiefs – OF Bert Helmer (21/74) – contact (35/65), gap power (40/55) and eye (25/40). A baseball rat.

12th pick:

Cobourg Red Stockings – IF Dennis Borton (21/68) – contact (35/60), gap power (40/55) and eye (30/45). Introverted.

13th pick:

Embro Suns – SP RHP Aaron Saunderson (20/76) – stuff (30/40), movement (60/70) and control (25/55). A good influence.

14th pick:

Sherburn Tigers – SP RHP Myung-gu Son (20/64) – stuff (35/45), movement (55/65) and control (35/50). Quiet and all business.

15th pick:

Queensland Eagles – IF Jim List (21/53) – contact (35/55), gap power (40/55) and eye (25/40). Likes to write dynasties, I mean, short stories when not playing the game.

16th pick:

Kingston Pelicans – RP RHP Dean Stroud (20/79) – stuff (35/45), movement (55/70) and control (20/50). Everyday kid.

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #72
reds1
Hall Of Famer

December 31, 1937

Eastern League: Eagles Increase Lead; Wild Card Chase Tightens

The Queensland Eagles continued to roll over the opposition in the Eastern League with an impressive 17-9 record in December. The Eagles have been simply dominant on offense, leading all categories except base on balls (2nd), strikeouts (6th) and stolen bases (7th).
The lineup is strong and steady, but two players have monopolized the Eagles’ leader board; LF Jonathan Mabty (.403/.483/.584, 8 HR, 59 RBI, 60 R and 48 BB) and 2B Katsunan Chikafuji (.387/.425/.634, 15 HR, 60 RBI, 72 R, 27 BB). Chikafuji, in fact, won his 2nd consecutive Hitter of the Month Award in December.
The Eagles are not quite as dominant on the pitching side of things as they are on offense, but they have enough to hold their own. LHP Max MacColl (10-7, 3.26), RHP Darren Stewart (11-5, 3.68) and RHP Roger Young (7-2 4.04) are the leaders in the rotation, while RHP Shaun Alford (1-2, 5 SV, 2.49) is their main guy out of the bullpen.

Key Injuries: RHP Stewart Colcott (76/76, 2-1, 4.24) is still out for 3 more months with shoulder inflammation. RHP Julius Hunt is out for 2 months with a torn meniscus (knee).

Performance Highlight: En route to earning Hitter of the Month honours in December, 2B Katsunan Chikafuji went 5 for 5 on December 15 in a game against the visiting Wolseley Unions, in an interleague matchup. Chikafuji singled in the 1st, hit a two-run home run off of Joe Walrond in the 3rd, singled in the 5th, doubled in the 7th and hit an RBI single in the 9th. Despite his heroics, the Eagles lost the game, 7-5.

---------

Despite the loss of their top pitcher, the Cobourg Red Stockings continue to hold their own in the chase for the Eastern League wild card. In fact, they finished the month one game up on the Embro Suns and Stratford Barons. Their offense continues to be second only to Queensland.
SS Damien Davis (.322/.387/.429, 2 HR, 33 RBI, 48 R, 31BB), 2B Wayne Balmer (.341/.374/.443, 0 HR, 48 RBI, 44 R, 19BB) and 3B Yoshifumi Tamura (.336/.419/.479, 7 HR, 40 RBI, 47 R, 42 BB) are the offensive stalwarts. However, the offense suffered a blow with the loss of 3B Kenneth Logan (.325/.374/.512, 9 HR, 44 RBI, 49 R, 22 BB) to injury. Again, the Red Stockings face a challenge in the coming weeks of how to compensate for his bat.

Key Injuries: Joel Fearn is gone for 10-11 months, due to a torn rotator cuff. C Dave Wilson (.294/.395/.390, 3 HR, 25 RBI, 15 R, 24 BB) fractured his finger in November; He is expected back in 3 weeks. 3B Kenneth Logan suffered a quadriceps strain; he is out for 4 weeks.

---------

The Embro Suns went 13-13 in December and as a result fell back one game behind the Red Stockings of the wild card.
Alejandro Valdéz (.353/.390/.499, 53 RBI, 57 R, 20 BB, 10 SB), who has shifted over to 2B from the outfield, and RF Paul Hooks (.338/.431/.539, 12 HR, 42 RBI, 45 R, 44 BB) are the offensive leaders.
RHP Colm Soper (11-6, 2.77) is the class of the rotation, with an ERA greater than 1.5 runs better than the next best starter. RHP John Palm (4-1, 11 SV, 2.03) in relief, is the only other pitcher performing well. Otherwise, the staff is rather anemic, ranking next to last in a number of categories.

Key Injuries: The good news is that 1B Anthony Stavely (.322/.438/.541, 6 HR, 19 RBI, 22 R, 30 BB) is expected back in 6 days after suffering a torn meniscus (knee) last month.

Performance Highlight: Alejandro Valdés enjoyed another 5 hit game, this time against the Downie Chiefs back on December 26. All in all, Valdés went 5 for 6. He grounded out in the 1st, singled in the 3rd, hit a two-run triple in the 4th, hit an RBI double in the 5th, singled in the 6th, singled in the 9th and walked in the 9th. When everything was said and done, Valdés helped the Suns defeat the Chiefs 18-10.

---------

The Stratford Barons went 14-12 in December, just as they did in November. Fittingly, the Barons remain one game back of the wild card. The Barons continue their consistency on offense, ranking 3rd in a majority of categories. Their rotation ERA and overall ERA continue to be strong, ranking 2nd and 3rd respectively. The bullpen however, is rated next to last in ERA.
RF Bryan Livesley (.360/.426/.545, 8 HR, 49 RBI, 58 R, 36 BB) leads the Barons in a slew of offensive categories, while LF Eric Anderson (.289/.377/.449, 8 HR, 38 RBI, 50 R, 37 BB) leads the offense in WAR (2.9). Lending support has been 2B Pat Copeman (.310/.339/.410, 3 HR, 39 RBI, 48 R, 16 BB) and C Gavin Hurley (.305/.344/.461, 8 HR, 48 RBI, 37 R, 16 BB).
The pitching staff however, is in a bit of a crises, as LHP Justin Hayhurst (7-8, 3.88), and LHP Ryan Borden (7-7, 4.49) have seen their performance suffer over the past month. Compounding matters, RHP Pete Malcolm (9-2, 3.37) is gone for two months due to injury. Only LHP Kazuhiko Chikafuji (7-7, 3.29) has maintained his performance. After pitching out of the bullpen last month, AAA call-up RHP Garth Marks (1-2, 4.25) has moved to the rotation as the fifth starter.

Key Injuries: RHP Ricardo Díaz (1-2, 5.80, 4 SV- torn labrum) is still out for another 7 months. RHP Pete Malcolm suffered a herniated disk. He is out for two months. Utility outfielder Ramón Lugo (23/23) has been nursing a sore shoulder since December 10th. He is expected back in a week.

---------

As cold as the Wellington Athletics were in November (9-17), they tied the Queensland Eagles as the hottest team in all of the United Leagues in December, going 17-9. That moved them 3 games above .500 and just 2.5 games back of the wild card. The Athletics have been a middle of the road performer on offense, rated 4th in a slew of categories over the first three months of the season. On pitching and defense, they’ve been slightly below average: 6th in overall ERA (4.38) and starters’ ERA (4.36); 4th in bullpen ERA (4.45).
2B Ryley McLarnon (.318/.355/.426, 1 HR, 46 RBI, 54 R, 21 BB, 16 SB), CF Bob Boynton (.303/.399/.461, 4 HR, 42 RBI, 60 R, 47 BB, 20 SB), LF Quentin Stubber (.263/.387/.512, 13 HR, 39 RBI, 46 R, 43 BB, 13 SB) and C Dylan Watkins (.308/.367/.468, 7 HR, 40 RBI, 42 R, 24 BB) have led the team offensively. Quentin Stubber was injured however, but it isn’t expected to be for an extended period. 1B Byron Tope (.317/.377/.475, 5 HR, 32 RBI, 22 R, 15BB) has moved into the starting lineup as a result.
RHP Michael Hanley (9-6, 3.25) has nicely stepped up as the No. 2 starter in support of ace LHP Clyde Boney (12-4, 3.09) and earned Pitcher of the Month honours in December. If only the Athletics could get similar support from any of their Nos. 3-5 starters. As in November, RHP Bryan Newitt (3-3, 3.51, 10 SV) is the only relief pitcher having any measure of success.

Key Injuries: Relief pitcher Larry Goble (1-4, 2 SV 4.46), has been out with shoulder soreness since December 18th. He should be back in a few days. Quentin Stubber strained a rib cage muscle on December 28th. He should be back by mid-January.

Performance Highlight: Ryley McLarnon went 5 for 7 on December 16th, as the Athletics trounced the Braeland City Monarchs 23-3. McLarnon grounded out in the 1st, singled in the 2nd, hit a three-run triple in the 3rd, grounded out in the 5th, tripled in the 7th, singled in the 8th and hit a two-run single in the 9th.

---------

The Downie Chiefs regressed in December, going 11-15. They are 1 game above .500 and have fallen 3.5 games back of Cobourg for the wild card. The offense has been abysmal, rated dead last in the Eastern League in a slew of categories and no better than 5th in two: home runs (55) and strikeouts (289). Pitching and defense, on the other hand, have been outstanding, ranking 1st in eight of eleven categories.
OF Lenny Wyatt (.312/.370/.470, 4 HR, 29 RBI, 24 R, 17 BB) and 3B Andy Johnson (.304/.372/.417, 4 HR, 29 RBI, 33 R, 25 BB) continue to be the two main producers for the Chiefs. However, RF Sid Mass (.295/.411/.473, 6 HR, 17 RBI, 22 R, 28 BB) and especially OF John Dugan (.254/.332/.425, 7 HR, 20 RBI, 36 R, 27 BB) picked up their game in December. If the trend continues, the Chiefs may halt their slide and get back into the wild card chase.
The starting rotation is in good hands thus far, as RHP Frank Leadbeater (10-6, 2.85), LHP Robert Renton (9-7, 3.27) and RHP Bradley Paris (10-6, 2.40) give the Chiefs a chance to win on most nights. RHP In-sin Ahn (5-4, 5 SV, 4.16) has moved from the bullpen into the rotation as the No. 5 starter. In the bullpen, RHP Manny Páez (1-0, 3.52) has shown some promise in limited action, while RHP Hidetada Kobayashi (2-7, 4SV, 5.11) has struggled, after a strong month of November.

---------

The Brunswick Legends enjoyed their first winning month, going 15-13 in December. But they currently sit 15 games back of 1st place and 8.5 games out of the wild card. Their offense has improved somewhat over the past four weeks, but it still ranks 6th to 8th in offensive stats. Their pitching staff still appears to be a work in progress, ranking 5th in ERA (4.22), 3rd in starters’ ERA (3.95) but dead last in bullpen ERA (5.91).
OF Jamie Thurgood (.284/.385/.448, 7 HR, 43 RBI, 40 R, 37 BB) has been rock steady, but a couple of his teammates may finally be joining him. OF Mark Elston (.231/.391/.383, 6 HR, 32 RBI, 45 R, 73 BB), after an excruciatingly slow start, finally showed signs of life in December (.299/.444/.433). 1B Phillip Attwood (.306/.330/.443, 3 HR, 26 RBI, 27 R, 7 BB), who has been up and down month by month, was up again in December.
The starting rotation continues to be led by three pitchers: LHP Matthew Monroe (5-5, 2.84), RHP Tong-yeop Lee (9-7, 3.40), and star-crossed RHP Roger Battle (2-8, 3.57). If RHP Song-saeng Lee (7-8, 4.87) can find his groove, the Legends’ fortunes in the standings might improve.

Performance Highlight: On December 14th, the Brunswick Legends outlasted the Braeland City Monarchs 9-8 and Jamie Thurgood made the difference, as he went 5 for 5 on the day. Thurgood started off with a solo shot in the 2nd, singled in the 4th, hit an RBI double in the 5th, singled in the 7th and hit a an RBI double in the 9th.

---------

If the other seven teams have room for optimism or at least have a silver lining to hold on to, the Braeland City Monarchs are utterly devoid of such hope in the 1937 season. Winners of eight games in each of October and November, the Monarchs did one ‘better’, going 7-20 in December. They have fallen 27.5 games back of 1st place and 21 games out of the wild card spot. 3B Louie Hetherington (.405/.470/.559, 5 HR, 40 RBI, 51 R, 40 BB) is a bonafide star and C Julian Curnow (.284/.318/.392, 2 HR, 24 RBI, 42 R, 14 BB) continues to provide able support. CF Scott Kessler (.318/.387/.482, 7 HR, 37 RBI, 20 R, 20 BB) returned from injury and could give the offense a lift. RF Dwayne Hollinshead (.339/.420/.485, 4 HR, 15 RBI, 23 R, 23 BB) has been effective when used, which has been mostly against righties. Meanwhile, 1st overall draft pick 2B Trevor Bolen (.316/.350/.421, 6 H, 3 RBI, 3 R, 2 SB) has gotten his feet wet in a limited role, starting almost exclusively against southpaws thus far.
The pitching staff fell into a free fall in December. The Monarchs best pitcher, RHP Lenny Freke (4-14, 4.70) sports the best WHIP (1.48) and WAR (3.6) on the club. The rest is not a pretty sight. If there’s one silver lining, it’s that the Monarchs may be the recipient of further first-round picks in the year(s) to come.

Key Injuries: 39-year old relief pitcher RHP Hyo-cheong Yu (0-1, 2.22, 7 SV) is out for another 6 months. RHP Nathaniel Martin (3-9, 5.55) suffered shoulder tendinitis back on December 12th. He should return in 6 days.

Performance Highlight: In one of the Monarchs rare wins in December, Braeland City’s rookie Trevor Bolen went 5 for 5 against the Wellington Athletics back on December 24th. Bolen singled in the 1st, doubled in the 3rd, hit an RBI single in the 5th, and singled in the 7th. Braeland City won the game 9-8.

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:58 PM   #73
reds1
Hall Of Famer

December 31, 1937

Western League: Pelicans, Tigers Pull Away From the Pack

The Kingston Pelican cooled off just a bit, finishing the month 15-11. In fact, the Pelicans were sporting a losing record until they closed out the final 10 games 8-2. Kingston continues to rank 1st in nearly all of the offensive categories and have improved somewhat in pitching/defense, now ranking 3rd and 4th in the major categories.
SS Okura Ito (.387/.426/.598, 13 HR, 77 RBI, 67 R, 25 BB) has been joined by 2B Mo Symes (.354/.444/.596, 11 HR, 65 RBI, 666 R, 48BB) as the offensive powerhouses in lineup. In fact, Symes won Hitter of the Month honours after a sensational December. Providing able support are C Cereno Tolentino (.310/.386/.552, 15 HR, 54 RBI, 60 R, 34 BB), 1B Robin Harney (.358/.433/.495, 57 RBI, 66 R, 43 BB, 25 SB) and LF Jayden Tennant (.319/.404/.535, 9 HR, 43 RBI, 40R, 30 BB). After being called up from AAA Douro in November due to an injury, OF Soshu Shimizu (.261/.292/.362, 1 HR, 8RBI, 12 R, 3 BB) is attempting to settle in as the Pelican’s centerfielder.
The rotation continues to be anchored by RHP Joey Cumberledge (10-7, 3.42), RHP Brady Murdy (10-5, 3.10) and RHP Darwin Monday (14-2, 3.06) anchor a strong rotation.

Key Injuries: LHP Hirotada Fukushima (61/78) is expected to join the rotation in four days, after sitting out the start of the season with a hyperextended elbow.

Key Trade: The Pelicans deemed IF Gilbert Austin (62/65) expendable and traded him to the Hespeler Stars on December 3rd, in exchange for 29-year old 3B Jeremy Phillips (49/63) and 24-year old LHP Joselito Cristobal (20/48). Phillips is the Pelicans starting 3B (.277/.304/.400), while Cristobal was assigned to AA Elgin.

--------

The Sherburn Tigers continued their drift toward mediocrity, going 13-13 in December. That has seen them fall 5 games back of the Pelicans. However, they lead in the wild card chase by 6 games; largely due to the other teams’ inability to capitalize. The Tigers have maintained their balance offensively, ranking 3rd in a number of offensive categories, and 1st in base on balls (326), strikeouts (240) and stolen bases (56). In pitching and defense, they have regresses slightly, averaging 4th-5th in the major categories.
The Tigers’ lineup is still dominated by two players: SS Gary Watkinson (.372/.468/.536, 1 HR, 43 RBI, 68 R, 52 BB, 26 SB) who bats third and 1B Fergus Chitty (.312/.444/.540, 10 HR, 57 RBI, 53 R, 69 BB) who bats cleanup. But they are not alone. C Joe Gault (.321/.386/.444, 4 HR, 54 RBI, 35R, 31 BB), RF William Neal (.322/.404/.408, 1 HR, 17 RBI, 30 R, 22 BB) and 3B Mick Lanfear (.279/.314/.438, 6 HR, 55 RBI, 40 R, 15 BB) are also contributing.
The front and the back-end of the rotation have been the most productive. Ace RHP Neil Ledoux (10-7, 3.61) and No. 5 RHP Hyo-jun Kim (6-3, 2.95) are the only starters with ERA south of 4.00.
RHP Brent Smythe (2-3, 4 SV, 3.40) has emerged as the go-to-guy in the bullpen.

Key Injuries: RF Dong-min Lee (.263/.400/.329, 1 HR, 7 RBI, 11 R, 16 BB) has been out since November with a broken hand. He is out for another 2-3 months.

--------

The Hespeler Stars went 12-13 in December and have fallen 6 games back of Sherburn for the wild card.
On offense, the Stars are led by IF Kian Meadmore (.268/.353/.523, 14 HR, 48 RBI, 34 R, 28 BB), C Kane Broom (.330/.364/.442, 4 HR, 52 RBI, 42 R, 18 BB) and RF Louie Maylam (.387/.464/.714, 7 HR, 34 RBI, 24 R, 19 BB).
In the rotation, RHP Michael Wilberfoss (10-7, 2.98) and LHP John Wild (10-6, 3.84) have acquitted themselves well, but the bullpen has taken a step back, as RHP Keith Kearney (3-2, 6 SV, 4.10) and RHP Dan Clark (2-0, 4 SV, 3.93) have seen some regression in their performance.

Key Injuries: OF Toby Reakes (.335/.431/.455, 1 HR, 19 RBI, 51 R, 40 BB 14 SB) bruised his foot in a game back on December 28; he is listed day-to-day. In the same game, SS Héctor Pagán (.308/.354/.399; 24 RBI, 29 R, 16 BB) suffered a torn labrum. He is gone 6-7 months.

--------

The Wolseley Unions went 14-13 in December and remain 6 games back of the Sherburn Tigers for the wild card. They have improved modestly on offense, but are still rated 7th or 8th in a slew of pitching/defensive categories.
Leading the team offensively are CF Terence Durney (.263/.359/.471, 9 HR, 45 RBI, 53 R, 42 BB, 14 SB), C Joey Rushworth (.343/.370/.465, 5 HR, 40 RBI, 40 R, 11 BB) and LF Harold Yoder (.371/.410/.462, 32 RBI, 39 R, 13 BB).
The pitching staff continues to struggle, with RHP Augusto Rocha (8-7, 4.06) and LHP Monte Key (8-8, 3.83) trying to hold the fort.

Key Injuries: LHP Edward Hill (63/67) has been out since early October with a ruptured bicep tendon; he is out for another 4 months. Relief pitcher RHP Dylan Tinlsey (1-2, 6.43, 2 SV) is out with a fractured ankle. He is out for another 2 months. 2B Douglas Gallimore (.288/.346/.425, 3 HR, 11 RBI, 16 R, 7 BB) sprained his thumb back on December 23rd. He is expected back in 3 weeks.

Performance Highlight: 3B Mike Monkton went 5-5 in a game against the Hespeler Stars on December 27th, helping the Unions win 14-9. Monkton singled in the 2nd, doubled in the 4th, hit and RBI single in the 5th, hit a 3-run home run in the 6th and singled in the 8th.

--------

The Fort Richmond Generals faltered in December, going 11-16 and falling back 9.5 games behind the Tigers for the wild card. The team has averaged 5th to 7th on offense, but they have improved a bit on pitching/defense. They rate 2nd in defensive efficiency (.694) BABIP (.286) and opponents AVG (.270) and 3rd in hits allowed (749) and home runs allowed (44).
Summing up the struggles of the offense, super utility player Louis Paycocke (.294/.383/.399, 3 HR, 21 RBI, 32 R, 32 BB) leads the team in WAR (2.2).
On the pitching staff, ace RHP Francis Slocock (11-6, 2.86) is the only one with an ERA below 4.00.

Key Injuries: C Bryan Sorrell (.243/.300/.311, 1 HR, 10 RBI, 8 R, 5 BB) strained a hamstring in a game on December 7th; he is out for another 7 weeks.

Key Trade: The Generals made a three-player deal with the Cambria Cannons on December 20th, getting 2B Everton Ridgley (48/51) in exchange for two minor leaguers: 19-year old C Carlo Aston (20/42) and 23-year old LF Tung-chi Ling (21/22).

--------

The Cambria Cannons enjoyed a surge in December, going 17-10 on the month. That moved them out of the Western League basement and into 6th place, 11 games back of the wild card. Offensively the rank 5th to 6th, but in pitching/defense, they are 1st and 2nd in a number of categories.
LF Joe Olver (.317/.354/.473, 8 HR, 46 RBI, 38R, 15 BB), 1B Keane Fysh (.321/.401/.470, 7 HR, 36 RBI, 37 R, 34 BB) and SS Hyun-jung Moon (.281/.327/.425, 6 HR, 43 RBI, 44 R, 21BB) are the clear leaders in the Cannons` lineup.
The Cannons saw their pitching improve in December, giving the fans some hope. RHP Neil Guerin (10-8, 2.45) was sensational in December, and deservedly won Pitcher of the Month honours. RHP Leo Chesters (6-9, 3.90) bounced back from a rough November, and relief pitcher Jason Fortenberry (1-0, 6 SV, 3.69) has also appeared to settle in after his call up from AAA Mitchell in November.

Key Injuries: The Cannons will welcome back relief pitcher RHP Karl Ough (0-0, 5.00, 2 SV) in a couple of more days from the 60-day DL. He has been out since October due to rotator cuff inflammation. Starter RHP Bradley Dodson (5-8, 4.30) suffered elbow inflammation on December 26th; he will be out for 3 months.

--------

The Balmoral Giants regressed in December, going 10-17 to fall 14 games below .500 and 14 games back of the wild card. Their starting rotation continues to shine, rating 1st in starters’ ERA (3.65) and in overall ERA (3.76).
3B Héctor Gonzáles (.335/.386/.492, 9 HR, 45 RBI, 34 R, 23 BB) is the only player in the lineup that is performing well, contributing to the Giants` regression in the standings.
Meanwhile, RHP Noriaki Ito (4-10, 3.07) and LHP Ethan Umbleby (8-9, 3.23) have been doing their job in helping the Giants fortunes. Balmoral called up RHP Stephen Bryce (1-0, 2.25) in late December to serve as the No. 5 starter.

Key Injuries: Starter SP Masahiro Sugano (2-6, 4.52) tore an elbow ligament back on December 16th; he is gone for 8 months.

Key Trade 1: The Giants and Wolsely Unions completed a three-player deal on December 23rd. The Giants received 29-year old C Nobuhito Gato (23/25) in exchange for 39-year old 1B Kensaku Muira (48/48) and 23-year old minor league CF Ron O’Kean (21/22).

Key Trade 2: On December 29th, a two-player swap was consummated by the Giants and Downie Chiefs. Balmoral received 36-year old 1B Roger Tyler (61/61) in exchange for 26-year old 2B Tim Rackham (60/60 – .231/.319/.282).

--------

The Pulberry Trolleys continued to struggle in December, going 10-16 to fall 17 games below .500 and 15.5 games out of the wild card. Give the Trolleys credit for their consistency – they have been woeful on both sides of the ball all season, rating either dead last or next to last both on offense and in pitching/defense.
The offensive leaders all had off-months in December, contributing largely to the teams’ struggles: 3B Taisuke Adachi (.320/.387/.470, 4 HR, 27 RBI, 30 R, 21 BB), 1B Jong-Hoon Kim (.301/.369/.398, 4 HR, 23 RBI, 38 R, 31 BB), 2B Michael Batterham (.292/.361/.393, 2 HR, 28 RBI, 30 R, 29 BB) and CF Rio Gidley (.249/.306/.424, 4 HR, 43 RBI, 48 R, 26 BB).
The Trolleys worst fears were realized when they learned that RHP Nick Paddock (3-6, 3.48) is gone for the season.
Only relief pitcher RHP Larry Parrish (3-6, 2 SV, 3.57) has provided any king of reliability in the staff.

Key Injuries: RHP Nick Paddock suffered a ruptured bicep tendon in late November. He is gone for at least 5 months.

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:33 PM   #74
reds1
Hall Of Famer

January 11, 1938

Western League Defeats Eastern League 5-3 in Inaugural All-Star Game

Balmoral (BP) – A full house of 26,600 cheered on the Western League All-Stars as they defeated their Eastern League counterparts, 5-3, in the inaugural United Leagues All-Star Game held at Foster Field in Balmoral today.

The Eastern Leaguers got on the board early when Bryan Livesley led the top of the first inning with a triple off of pitcher Neil Guerin and scored on Louie Hetherington’s single.

But the Western League All-Stars responded in the bottom half of the inning, when singles by Robin Harney and Mo Symes off of pitcher Colm Soper put men on first and third. Harney scored from third on Okura Ito’s ground out. Further back-to-back singles by Fergus Chitty and Héctor Nájera scored another run to make 2-1 Western League after the first inning.

The Western Leaguers doubled their lead in the bottom of the fourth. Back-to-back singles by Rio Gidley and Héctor Gonzáles off of pitcher Bradley Paris again put runners on the corners. Rio Gidley would come in to score when Jayden Tennant reached first base safely on an error. A two-out single by Joe Olver allowed Héctor Gonzáles to score from second, making it 4-1 for the Western League.

The Western League would add an additional run in the fifth. Lead-off singles by James Seibert and Héctor Nájera off of pitcher Byran Newitt put runners on first and second. Harold Yoder’s sac bunt moved the runners over, allowing Rio Gidley’s sac fly to bring in James Seibert.

The Eastern League would get two runs back in the top of sixth. After Quentin Puddy singled and then was promptly picked off by Brady Murdy, Wayne Balmer reached first after being hit by a pitch and then reached second thanks to a Yoshifumi Tamura single. A passed ball allowed the runners to move up. Pinch hitter Eric Anderson then hit a double into left-center field, bringing in Balmer and Tamura to close the gap, 5-3.

But that would be all the scoring in the game. In fact, the only player to hit safely in the final 3.5 innings would be Eric Anderson, who notched his second double in the top of the ninth. He would reach third on a ground out by Damien Davis, but pinch hitter Pat Copeman could only fly out to right field to end the game.

Despite the loss, the Player of the Game honours went to the Barons’ Eric Anderson, going two for two with two doubles and two RBIs.

The complete rosters:

And the standings as of January 11, 1938:

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:39 AM   #75
reds1
Hall Of Famer

January 31, 1938

Eastern League: There’s a New Sheriff in Town – Athletics Take over Top Spot

--------

21-6. That was the record the Wellington Athletics put up in January, propelling them into first place in the Eastern League, a half game up on the Queensland Eagles. The Athletics went 15-3 following the All-Star break, including a three-game sweep of the Eagles, pummeling them by scores of 8-1, 11-2 and 9-1 on one home stand. But it was the final game of the month where the Athletics beat the Eagles 3-2 that finally catapulted them into top spot.

Key Injuries: RHP Raúl Lucero (7-9, 4.38) suffered a sore shoulder on January 31. He is out for 6 days. LF Quentin Stubber tore his hamstring on January 20; he is expected back in another 3 weeks.

--------

The Queensland Eagles stumbled in January, going just 12-16 on the month and losing their grip on first place to the red hot Athletics. After leading the Eastern League by 6.5 games a month ago, the Eagles at least still hold onto the wild card by 7.5 games over the Embro Suns. It will be interesting to see if they can right the ship of if the Athletics have taken over for good. They play each other on February 1st before they all embark on interleague matchups for the rest of the month. They will face each other once more, a three-game series in March hosted by Wellington.

Key Injuries: RHP Stewart Colcott (2-1, 4.24) suffered shoulder inflammation in October; recovery is expected to take another two months. RHP Julius Hunt (4-1, 3.47) suffered a torn meniscus in his knee back on December 12; he is out for another 3 weeks.

--------

The Embro Suns have been slowly fading each month and endured their first losing month in January, going 11-15, to fall 7.5 games back of the wild card. They have not enjoyed home field advantage this year; their record at Speaker Stadium thus far is 20-25 but 34-27 on the road.

Key Injuries: RHP Freddie Ventriss (8-6, 5.22) experienced ulnar nerve irritation on January 5; he is out 2-3 months.

Performance Highlight: Outfielder Jong-bum Choi went 5-5 against the Queensland Eagles on January 23, helping the Suns to a 6-5 victory. Choi singled in 2nd, singled in the 4th, hit an RBI single in the 5th, singled in the 7th and singled in the 9th.

--------

The Cobourg Red Stockings imploded in January, stumbling to a 9-16 record. Losing your best pitcher (Joel Fearn) and you best position player (C Dave Wilson) to injuries for an extended period will do that. And with the trade of 2B Wayne Balmer (.331/.365/.433, 32 2B, 53 RBI, 51 R, 23 BB) to the Downie Chiefs, it would seem to signal that the Red Stockings have thrown in the towel on the season.

Key Injuries: Joel Fearn is gone for 9-10 months, due to a torn rotator cuff. C Dave Wilson (.300/.398/.398, 4 HR, 27 RBI, 16 R, 24 BB) after just getting back from a fracture to his finger, strained a rib cage muscle. He is gone for another 4 weeks.

Key Trade: The Red Stockings traded 2B Wayne Balmer (66/68) to the Downie Chiefs on January 20, in exchange for 32-year old RF Douglas Steggall (23/23) and 19-year old minor leaguer CF Bert Helmer (21/77). Steggall, who can play both in the infield and outfield, has taken over 3B against lefties and a utility player against righties. Helmer has been assigned to AA Cardiff.

--------

An 11-16 January cost the Stratford Barons dearly, as they fell 8 games back of the wild card, leaving them 1 game above .500 for the season with 47 games left to play. Against the Wellington Athletics and Queensland Eagles in January, the Barons went 1-6 and 2-6 respectively, confirming that they are not quite ready to compete with the heavyweights in the East.

Key Injuries: RHP Ricardo Díaz (1-2, 5.80, 4 SV- torn labrum) is still out for another 5-6 months. RHP Pete Malcolm suffered a herniated disk in December. He is out for another 4 weeks.

--------

The Downie Chiefs continue to scuffle along, going 11-14 in January, to fall 9.5 games back of the wild card. Their struggles are no doubt in large part to their anemic offense, mentioned more than once in these write-ups. With the acquisition of 2B Wayne Balmer from the Cobourg Red Stockings on January 20, perhaps he may provide the Chiefs an offensive boost in the final two months of the season.

Key Injuries: RF Sid Mass (.296/.411/.515, 9 HR, 26 RBI, 27 R, 32 BB) missed two weeks in January due to back tightness resulting from a defensive play.

--------

The Brunswick Legends enjoyed their second consecutive month with an above .500 record, going 15-10 in January. This still leaves them 10.5 games back of the Eagles for the wild card. However, the Legends may still be trying to make a move this season, as they made an interesting trade, acquiring 3B Vince Bailey from the Balmoral Giants. We’ll have to see how this one plays out the rest of the way. OF Mark Elston continued his torrid ways in January, and won Hitter of the Month honours as a result.

Key Trade: Back on January 3rd, the Legends acquired 3B Vince Bailey from Balmoral, in exchange for 26-year old 2B Danny Filmer (61/74) and 19-year old minor leaguer CF Jason Pollock (23/76). Bailey is currently the Legends’ leadoff hitter, as he is blessed with blazing speed and outstanding base running abilities Bailey has stolen 21 bases thus far and gotten caught 11 times. Filmer (.251/318/3.66, 3 HR, 23 RBI, 22 R, 18 BB), meanwhile, is also serving as the Giants’ leadoff hitter for the same reasons although he has only stolen 10 bases thus far and has gotten caught 8 times. Pollack has been sent down to the Giants AA farm team, the Georgetown Goldbugs.

Performance Highlight: Outfielder Rovilson Valdeviseo went 5-6 against the Downie Chiefs on January 2, helping the Legends win the game, 9-6. Valdeviseo singled in 2nd, singled in the 4th, singled in the 6th, grounded out in the 8th, hit an RBI single in the 9th and doubled in the 11th.

--------

After winning just 23 games through the first three months of the season, the Braeland City Monarchs suddenly became one of the hottest teams in January, going 16-10. That included a 9-game winning streak shortly after the All-Star break. That still leaves them 23 games back of first place and weighed down with the worst record in the United Leagues, so no one should get ahead of themselves in predicting a late season surge. Still it was nice to see them taste a hot streak, even if for a fleeting moment. SP Lenny Freke was on fire in January and won Pitcher of the Month honours.

Key Injuries: 39-year old relief pitcher RHP Hyo-cheong Yu (0-1, 2.22, 7 SV) is out for another 5 months. He had surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow back in November.

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #76
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

This is amazing! I will definitely continue to follow this. Great read! Still trying to decide which team to pull for
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:13 PM   #77
reds1
Hall Of Famer

January 31, 1938

Western League: Pelicans Flying High in the West

--------

After cooling off just a bit in December, at least for them, with a 15-11 record, the Kingston Pelicans heated up again in January, pacing the Western League with a17-8 record. In fact, their pitching ace, Joey Cumberledge, won Pitcher of the Month honours. As the calendar turns to February, the Pelicans sit 6 games up on the second place Sherburn Tigers, who at this point, remain their only real competitor for top spot. Tellingly, the Pelicans swept the three games they played this month against the Tigers (5-4, 5-0 and 8-3 scores). Incredibly strong on both sides of the ball, the Pelicans are the class of the League. But if their major trade with Sherburn is any indication, they are not taking anything for granted.

Key Injuries: None. The Pelicans suffered no injuries whatsoever in January.

Performance Highlight: 3B Albert Howard went 5-5 against the Wolseley Unions on January 19. Despite his performance, the Unions took the game 10-5 in Kingston. Howard tripled in the 1st, singled in the 3rd, hit an RBI single in the 4th, singled in the 7th, hit a solo-home run in the 9th and grounded out in the 10th.

Key Trade: The Pelicans and Tigers pulled the trigger on a huge trade leading up to the trade deadline. Sherburn shipped 29-year old Fergus Chitty, the top-rated 1B in the United Leagues and who just happened to win Hitter of the Month honours in January, along with 30-year old minor league reliever RHP Doug Cundy (43/43) to the Pelicans. In exchange, the Tigers received 27-year old LF Robin Harney and 19-year old 1B Guillermo Anglada (21/52).
Chitty was the Tigers’ leader in home runs (17) and RBIs (85). While Harney is a fine player in his own right (leading the Pelicans in stolen bases with 26) and will definitely be an upgrade in their outfield, he is not quite the impact player Chitty has been thus far. It will be interesting to see how this trade plays out, whether the move will help Sherburn close the gap, or if they’ve essentially handed the pennant to the Pelicans. As of now, the Tigers have Jeaic Risbrough (.235/.299/.338, 2 HR, 10 RBI, 11 R, 7 BB) playing first.

--------

The Sherburn Tigers won as many games as Kingston did in January, albeit with two additional losses (17-10), to fall 6 games back of the Pelicans. Nevertheless, after going 13-13 in December, their improved play is a positive sign that they will not let Kingston run away with the pennant without a fight.
The Tigers are admirably balanced on both sides of the ball, if not quite as dominant as Kingston. As discussed in the Kingston Pelicans comments, it remains to be seen if the acquisition of LF Robin Harney for 1B Fergus Chitty will pay dividends for the team. In fairness, he rates as their second best player (behind #1 rated shortstop Gary Watkinson) and fifth best leftfielder overall in the league.

Key Injuries: RF Dong-min Lee (.263/.400/.329, 1 HR, 7 RBI, 11 R, 16 BB) broke his hand in November. He is out for another 6 weeks. 2B Roy Abe (.257/.317/.351, 2 HR, 44 RBI, 55 R, 31 BB, 15 SB) suffered an oblique strain in a game against the Kingston Pelicans on January 25. He is out for 5-6 weeks.

--------

The Hespeler Stars have been the ‘best of the rest’ in the Western League, which isn’t saying much, as they trail the Sherburn Tigers by 9 games for the wild card. The Stars went 13-12 in January, and they are very much a middle of the road team in terms of batting and pitching/defense stats.

Key Injuries: IF Toby Reakes (.339/.433/.466, 2 HR, 25 RBI, 59 R, 49 BB, 20 SB) is having a difficult time keeping healthy. After missing 3 weeks in late November and early December with a herniated disc, he bruised his foot in a game back on December 28 and missed almost two weeks. Shortly after his return, he experienced back tightness after a collision at second base on January 8. He missed another two weeks of action. SS Héctor Pagán (.308/.354/.399; 24 RBI, 29 R, 16 BB) is still out for another 5 months after suffering a torn labrum in December.

--------

Considering how decimated the Wolseley Unions have been due to injuries, its remarkable how they have been able to maintain a record close to .500. The Unions went 13-14 in January and if they don’t get healthy soon, it may be a sign of things to come for the final two months of the campaign. The Unions have just not been getting the pitching needed to compete, and with long-term injuries to their better pitchers, it is making matters only more desperate.

Key Injuries: OF Terence Durney (.268/.365/.482, 9 HR, 46 RBI, 54 R, 44 BB, 15 SB) suffered an oblique strain while running the bases back on January 2. He suffered a setback in his recovery later in the month and is out for at least another 3 weeks. SP Augusto Rocha (10-7, 3.68) strained his forearm on January 13; he is out for another 2-3 months. Those are in addition to LHP Edward Hill (63/67), who has been out since early October with a ruptured bicep tendon; he is out for another 3 months. Relief pitcher RHP Dylan Tinlsey fractured his ankle back in December. He is out for 5 more weeks.

--------

The Fort Richmond Generals are a team stuck in the middle: they are nowhere near to being a good team, but neither are they a really bad one. Unfortunately, it would appear that they are starting to seriously fade in the standings, going 11-15 in January, after an 11-16 December. Injuries, again, are a culprit. In fact, the Generals became the first team to lose a key player to a career-ending injury. It’s a shame really; the immature school boy in me would love to write more about the exploits of a team that has players named Louis Paycocke (.281/.363/.386, 4 HR, 29 RBI, 37 R, 37 BB) and Francis Slocock (14-7, 2.80). There’s even a starting pitcher named Hideki Matsui (6-10, 5.07) thrown in for good measure.

Key Injuries: RF Tyler Bainbridge (68/68 - .295/.317/.427, 5 HR, 24 RBI, 34 R, 9 BB, 0.6 WAR) injured himself on a defensive play in a game against the Cobourg Red Stockings on January 25. Two days later came the bad news: he suffered a torn labrum and his brief baseball career is over. LF Héctor Nájera (.276/.434/477, 11 HR, 44 RBI, 56 R, 77 BB) injured his hamstring on a defensive play against the Downie Chiefs. He is expected to return in a week.

--------

After a promising December in which they went 17-10, the Cambria Cannons returned to form in January, going 10-15 and falling 17 games back of the wild card. Like the Generals, the Cannons are a team that are not exactly terrible; in fact, they have been quite respectable in pitching and defense. Offense is where they are weak, but they don’t rank dead last in any major category.

Key Injuries: LF Joe Olver (.297/.336/.437, 8 HR, 50 RBI, 50 R, 21 BB) injured himself in a game on January 30 against the Downie Chiefs. He will be out 3 weeks with an oblique strain. Starter RHP Bradley Dodson (5-8, 4.30) is still out for another 7-8 weeks after suffering elbow inflammation back in late December. In the unusual category, backup 3B Jack Towse (.386/.413/.614, 1 HR, 8 RBI, 7 R, 21 BB) was out of action for one week in January with a bruised knee. Rumor is his wife hit him with a frying pan during an argument. His wife must be very short.

--------

A 10-15 record in January sunk the Balmoral Giants further down the standings, 20 games back of Sherburn for the wild card. Both C Nobuhito Gato (.288/.346/.359, 1 HR, 14 RBI, 15 R, 18 BB) and 1B Roger Tyler (.292/.362/.412, 6 HR, 39 RBI, 43 R, 30 BB) have performed well for the Giants, but it has not been enough to provide a lift to the anemic offense. And with the trade of 3BVince Bailey to Brunswick in exchange for IF/OF Danny Filmer and 19-year old prospect OF Jason Pollock (23/76), it would seem that the Giants are resigned to look to the future.

Key Injuries: Starter SP Masahiro Sugano (2-6, 4.52) remains out for another 7 months with a torn elbow ligament.

The Pulberry Trolleys’ season continues to lurch forward after another lacklustre month, where they went 11-16. They sit 27.5 games out of first place.

Key Injuries: CF Rio Gidley (.264/.308/.456, 6 HR, 51 RBI, 58 R, 26 BB, 16 SB) suffered a foot contusion on January 28 against the Sherburn Tigers. He is out of the lineup for another 5 days. SP Nick Paddock is still out for 5 months; he suffered a ruptured bicep tendon in late November.

Performance Highlight: CF Rio Gidley went 5-5 against the Balmoral Giants on January 5. However, the Trolleys lost 1-0 despite Gidley’s heroics. Gidley tripled in 2nd, singled in the 3rd, singled in the 5th, singled in the 6th and singled in the 8th.

--------

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:28 PM   #78
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
This is amazing! I will definitely continue to follow this. Great read! Still trying to decide which team to pull for
Thank you for the very kind words, Klew1986!
Old 06-23-2015, 10:03 PM   #79
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Yep, i have to echo Klew1986 This is just amazing stuff! Thank you, reds1!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #80
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Yep, i have to echo Klew1986 This is just amazing stuff! Thank you, reds1!
Thank you for the kind words, Izz! I've been following your wonderful AUNZBL dynasty as well (and taking a few pointers from it for my own league).