Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2015, 03:29 PM   #221
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
My security software is deleting the jersey creator every time also. Cap and logo creators are not being deleted, only a warning comes up because of a lack of history, but the jersey creator keeps getting deleted each time with a specific threat (W1 something or other, I can't remember now).
I use Avast & it deleted Pickoff & very time I go back in to download it stop the download. I have run or running all of my ant-virus & spyware programs & it still coming up with nothing, I even tried a different computer & get the same message, Jersey & Ball Cap programs are running fine... It keeps coming up that Dropbox has a virus (Win.32:Evo-Gen).
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #222
justafan
Hall Of Famer

I just did a scan at Virus Total (File checking is done with more than 40 antivirus solutions.) and everything passes except Norton reports "WS.Reputation.1" which seems to indicate that Norton simply has never seen the app before.

I believe you are getting a false positive from Avast.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:05 PM   #223
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
I just did a scan at Virus Total (File checking is done with more than 40 antivirus solutions.) and everything passes except Norton reports "WS.Reputation.1" which seems to indicate that Norton simply has never seen the app before.

I believe you are getting a false positive from Avast.
That maybe, all my scans including Virus Total has brought up nothing, but still can download the file from the link in OOTP Forum. I'm going to try it at work (if all the firewalls would let me) to download it on a USB & then scan it & try to install it.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #224
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Is this the right link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...ff%20setup.exe

This is what I get now.

Name:  Pickoff.png
Views: 1091
Size:  179.8 KB
Old 03-12-2015, 06:17 PM   #225
justafan
Hall Of Famer

The only difference I see is the "s" in "https". that has something to do with secure communication protocol.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #226
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Justafan, I found this on a Microsoft forum:

As a programmer, that *USED* to run Avast! Antivirus... I can tell you that 90% of the exe's that Visual Studio (2010, 2012, 2013) makes are classified as Win32:Evo-Gen [Susp]... this is because Avast! is horribly over eager to call something, anything, a virus to look like it's doing a great job. It also flagged the Bifrost Particle generation system, currently used by Autodesk's Maya 2015, as "Bifrost [SUSP]" based solely on the name alone. Note: the version of Maya 2015 was downloaded directly through Autodesk.com's site, with full user licensing. (I.e., not a crack with a suspicious malware lurking in the wings...)
The programs written that flagged the Evo-Gen [SUSP] ranged from the default "Windows Form Application" project type that comes with Microsoft Visual Studio to basic style applications... Avast! determined that it was malware, removed it off of the suspicious flag, and refused to allow it to run, even in a sandbox. This makes testing your program extremely difficult. (Apparently, if your application is under 1 meg, it gets flagged.) I am saying all of this because I too am rather tired of having an over enthusiastic antivirus software block everything that I try to do, from programming to printing out pic's of my kids, because it removes key files solely off of file size.
I'm tired of the headaches of trying to get the software that I purchase to work on a brand new system that has Avast!'s AV software on it, and I am tired of having Avast! steal focus away from Word, IE, Various video games, Maya, VS2013, etc., every time it scans a file in the "background"....
it's obtrusive and outright enraging.
I can tell you, you didn't have a virus -- you had a "Suspected" (based on file size alone, not even a scan or heuristics analysis of the file) "virus" AKA, a FALSE POSITIVE that it removed causing your printer not to work.
So, unless Microsoft has gotten into the creation of virii as a past time hobby, and posing said virii off as Genuine Microsoft Products, I am inclined to believe that the real virus here is Avast! itself.
Get a real antivirus (such as Kasperski, AVG, Bitdefender, etc.) and drop Avast! into the garbage where it belongs.

I think I maybe looking for a better AV now....BTW I did download your Pickoff @ work here (we have 3 firewalls & Norton AV) with no problem, hopefully my computer will install it.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:18 PM   #227
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
I am inclined to believe that the real virus here is Avast! itself.
Pretty harsh.

Glad you got it sorted out.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:24 PM   #228
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post

This program is freeware and I hope you find it useful.
This is the understatement of the year

After "juastafaning" (that should be included in Webster's Dictionary, referring to "spending lots of time helping others, expecting nothing more than a thank you") countless phantastic logos you supply us with this amazing software.

This program is awesome and allows complete graphic idiots like me to create logos ...

... just for fun I did this:
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #229
curt
Major Leagues

I had the program installed before and now when I try to update it I get a message saying a file is missing on my computer. Looks like pickoff.exe disappeared and now I can't update. Any suggestions.
curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:30 AM   #230
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt View Post
I had the program installed before and now when I try to update it I get a message saying a file is missing on my computer. Looks like pickoff.exe disappeared and now I can't update. Any suggestions.
Same thing happen to me, I click on the icon to open & Avast deleted & has blocked me off downloading it again.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:12 PM   #231
micropterus58
All Star Starter

Just add an exception either to the exe file itself or to a folder where you have all Justafan programs installed. Avast! is very over protective if you use the default settings. You need to adjust your settings so that Avast! (or any other AV program) asks you what to do with a suspected file. Avast! does not make it easy to navigate their myriad of menus. Search on Google or go to Avast!s support forum to learn how to add an exception and recover a quarantined file. You will need to temporarily disable Avast! to add an exception so you don't end up in a loop.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:39 PM   #232
curt
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
Just add an exception either to the exe file itself or to a folder where you have all Justafan programs installed. Avast! is very over protective if you use the default settings. You need to adjust your settings so that Avast! (or any other AV program) asks you what to do with a suspected file. Avast! does not make it easy to navigate their myriad of menus. Search on Google or go to Avast!s support forum to learn how to add an exception and recover a quarantined file. You will need to temporarily disable Avast! to add an exception so you don't end up in a loop.

That worked. Here's a link to access the virus vault to restore the quarantined file:

https://blog.avast.com/2013/11/03/ho...t-virus-chest/
Old 03-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #233
curt
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
Same thing happen to me, I click on the icon to open & Avast deleted & has blocked me off downloading it again.
I got it fixed. Look below at my post and link.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:41 PM   #234
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
Finally, got it back, Thanks for the help.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #235
OakDragon
Hall Of Famer

If anyone figures out how to get Pickoff to work on a Mac under Wine with Winebottler I'd love to know. I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure it out, without success.
OakDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #236
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Just out of curiousity what language is this written in?? As I'm on Ubuntu the tool doesn't work for me but I my be able to assist in a port if you're interested.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:48 PM   #237
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
Just out of curiousity what language is this written in?? As I'm on Ubuntu the tool doesn't work for me but I my be able to assist in a port if you're interested.
VB.Net, so you may need the .Net Framework.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:58 AM   #238
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Well I think there is some sort of support from mono to allow you to compile on linux but I also dont have much knowledge in the area of VB anyway. Well done on your work though. Its a really great tool.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #239
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
Well I think there is some sort of support from mono to allow you to compile on linux but I also dont have much knowledge in the area of VB anyway. Well done on your work though. Its a really great tool.
And I dont have any knowledge in the area of Mono.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:28 AM   #240
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Mono?
Attached Images

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote