Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Leefoo
Major Leagues

I can't import my iOOTP 13 seasons to iOOTP 14 new game

Transferring seasons from iOOTP 13 to iOOTP 14.

In the instructions SP sent (and the one on here for older seasons) it says:

5. Select your device and go to Apps (or go to my IPad and select Apps). Then i am to select iOOTP 14 inder Files or file sharing or something like that.

The ONLY 'Apps' I have is the App Store and there is nothing like that inside the Apps Store, that I can find.. I can find recent purchases under my 'settings' button, but i can't "select" iOOTP other than to open it.

I had this problem with last year's version, also, and just bit the bullet and paid $20 to get all of the seasons. Nobody seemed to come up with a satisfactory explanation for me that worked.

There is nothing in Itunes that relates to this, either, at least that I can see. I never use Itunes, so I could be missing something?

Can anyone help an old man interpret these instructions and get my seasons transferred over?

Thx
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
Leefoo
Major Leagues

I just tried dragging the hist-import.dat file using Folder Plus. I dragged it to my IPad root section (the only thing that showed up) but I still couldn't import the seasons.

I'm all out of ideas...

Lee
Old 04-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
revcarte
Major Leagues

never worked

I have had the 2011, 2012, and 2013 versions and never could get my previous rosters to transfer. I always had to purchase them again for each new season.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #4
Leefoo
Major Leagues

WARNING....do not try the "In App Restore" option.....or whatever it is called.

It froze up iOOTP 14. I had to reinstall.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:53 AM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

The "Restore IAP's" is for this years IAP's only (stuff you bought with 2014)!

Apple has no official support to transfer IAP's from one version to another, so we made a workaround.

The error of the original poster is (at least I think): do you navigate in iTunes, it sounds as you would try on the device itself?
Old 04-18-2014, 04:04 AM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Here a few screenshots from iTunes (with your device connected):

After you started iTunes on your Computer with your device connected

Name:  t_1.PNG
Views: 246
Size:  25.3 KB

After selecting your device:

Name:  t_2.PNG
Views: 233
Size:  26.5 KB

After moving to Apps:

Name:  t_3.PNG
Views: 244
Size:  18.0 KB
Old 04-18-2014, 09:15 AM   #7
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Sebastian...I appreciate your pictures, but.......

Your instructions to me in an email says (and I quote)

3. Go to your device and select APPS.

My device (IPad 2) has NO APPS on it, only the App Store. There are NO APPS in the General Settings, either.

What "APPS" are you talking about?

THAT is the problem.

ADDENDUM:

I just looked at your email reply to me. Your second sentence says "You don't look in ITunes (on your computer)". Yet, your very first sentence above says "Here a few screenshots from iTunes (with your device connected):"

Well, now I am TOTALLY confused. Why are you posting pics from ITunes, yet I am not supposed to LOOK in ITunes???

Last edited by Leefoo; 04-18-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #8
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Sebastian....For reference, these are the steps you sent me:

Please be aware that Apple has no way of restoring IAP's from different games, so this is a workaround we figured out.

1. Compl. close iOOPT 2014 on your device
2. Connect your device to your Computer and start iTunes
3. Go to your device [My IPad in this case] and select "Apps" [This is where I am stuck-There is no APPS 'app' ANYWHERE]
4. Scroll down to "File Sharing" (or whatever it is called in English, I have a German iTunes)
5. Select iOOTP Baseball 2014 in the File Sharing section.
6. Click "Add ..." and select the "hist_export.dat" you got with this mail. It should now show up in the list.
7. Start iOOTP Baseball 2014 on your device.
8. Select "BUY SEASONS" from the Start Screen. Then tap the "IMPORT IOOTP 2013 SEASONS" button.
9. Now go back to the Start Screen and start a new historical game.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #9
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcarte View Post
I have had the 2011, 2012, and 2013 versions and never could get my previous rosters to transfer. I always had to purchase them again for each new season.
Personally, I think the update is worth $19.99 (esp if SP can fix the fact that my screen wants to start out upside down...I have to close and open a few times until it works), but the old 'tester' in me wants to figure this out (even if it kills me or Sebastian in the process....lol).
Old 04-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #10
Leefoo
Major Leagues

SP...I got your email...I made it to #6, "6. Click "Add ..." and select the "hist_export.dat" you got with this mail [that you sent to my IPad]. It should now show up in the list."

Unfortunately, it doesn't.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #11
Leefoo
Major Leagues

FWIW: I finally got my past seasons to show. Now, if only I could import my saved games...stupid Apple system...lol.

Here's the email exchange. Note that I used an app called Folder Plus to finally get the file to my IPad, because ITunes wouldn't show the file at all.

However, SP's adding that #3 should have "In ITunes" was a KEY piece of info for me. I was looking all over 'my device' for 'Apps'. I had never used ITunes to transfer files. I had always used "Folder Plus".

====================

Great, thats what counts!

Have fun playing iOOTP 2014 ...

Sebastian

Am 18.04.2014 15:58, schrieb Lee Young:
> I did a search while in there and it didn't show. HOWEVER, when I used my Folders Plus App (which lets me transfer files to IPad from my computer) to 'manually' transfer it, it finally showed.
>
> Bottom line: I got all of my seasons.
>
> Thx!!
>
> Lee
>
>
> Sent from my iPad

=================
>
>> On Apr 18, 2014, at 9:50 AM, Sebastian Palkowski <sebastian@ootpdevelopments.com> wrote:
>>
>> There should be a button "Add File" (or something like that, I have a German version here). Click it, select the file I sent you an it should show up in the window above the button. Then continue with:
>>
>> 7. Start iOOTP Baseball 2014 on your device.
>> 8. Select "BUY SEASONS" from the Start Screen. Then tap the "IMPORT IOOTP 2013 SEASONS" button.
>> 9. Now go back to the Start Screen and start a new historical game.
>>
>> Sebastian

==================
>>
>> Am 18.04.2014 15:47, schrieb Lee Young:
>>> Glad you added that piece of info....lol...makes all the difference in the world!!!!
>>>
>>> Okay, I go into ITunes. I click on IPad. NOW I see "APPS".
>>>
>>> I selected IOOTP 14, but hist_export.dat does not show. Should I be saving the file you sent me somewhere?
>>>

>>> Lee
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad

==================
>>>
>>>> On Apr 18, 2014, at 9:37 AM, Sebastian Palkowski <sebastian@ootpdevelopments.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> But you have to look in iTunes, not your device.
>>>>
>>>> Point 3 "Go to your device and select "Apps"" means that you should select your device IN iTunes.

Last edited by Leefoo; 04-18-2014 at 10:16 AM.