Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 09-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #161
Dyll
Bat Boy

1.0.3 - I get a CTD when I try to play the first game in my historical game.

Also teams doesn't care about draft picks, so you could acquire every draft pick without giving up anything of value.
Dyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #162
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

1.0.3, mac

shutouts are recorded in the individual player's stats, but not on the league leader board.
asilvermtzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #163
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

On Mac (10.8.4, installed in French). Fresh Install of build 3. (tried with build 0 too, same thing.) Most news show as "#error: category not found". What am I missing?

Works fine on Windows, but my roommate borrowed my Windows CPU for the day.

Last edited by Mafarfloune; 09-08-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Mafarfloune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #164
hockeyfan4
Bat Boy

trade bug posted this way back in May and still the same issues when playing in the OHL when I offer a trade I never get a response and when I go to that player I see he has been traded and in some cases the player has not been traded but my offer never got a response. So in other words you cannot trade.
hockeyfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #165
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafarfloune View Post
On Mac (10.8.4, installed in French). Fresh Install of build 3. (tried with build 0 too, same thing.) Most news show as "#error: category not found". What am I missing?

Works fine on Windows, but my roommate borrowed my Windows CPU for the day.
Solved. FHM froze on first boot and I had to force quit. Seems like as a result the settings.dat file didn't create itself properly. Erased it, restarted the game and everything seems to work fine. Try that if you get a similar problem.
Mafarfloune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #166
Dyll
Bat Boy

And now I get CTD one season in, when trying to trade for players.
Dyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #167
jh95
All Star Starter

Trade bug

One more bug in Version 1.0.3 (maybe already reported):

One player gets traded twice on one day from Team A to Team B in separate deals for different players.

Here it was Norm Maciver on July 1st from Vancouver to Philadelphia for different players in separate deals.
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #168
rrossi22
Bat Boy

Run Time Error

Saved game does not load. Freezes at 95% and then gets a Run Time Error. Game then stops responding and closes. I know I can re-install, but I really don't want to lose my season! Any tips?
rrossi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #169
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Game crashes on July 1, 2017. At least I was able to get a number of years before this crash but these have to get under control soon.

EDIT : Reloaded the save the was able to continue past that point.

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-08-2013 at 02:35 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #170
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Hate to say it again but this screen is essentially useless without NHL totals in there, but here's the glitch anyways
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-08-2013 at 01:44 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #171
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

my game crashes wheni try and discuss trade that was offered to me and also if I try and access the disabled list,contract max and protected list let alone click on a player to remove from injured list.and I am in oct of first season.pretty brutal for this to make it into the first release and the first patch what are you guys doing over there.when I buy a game I really don't have the time or the patience to spend all the time I am supposed to be play ing doing your job trying to fix your game by reporting bug after bug that I find,if I wanted to be part of your development team I would have applied for a job,so please do your job and get out a patch that fixes all these major issues that everyone is having
JustBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #172
thepete
Minors (Double A)

I can't offer money to FAs.

Budget: 72 million.
Payroll: 56 million
Money for FAs: -1.7 million.
Money for extensions: 38 million (!!??)
Cap hits: 54 million
Salary Cap Spare: 15 million

I have no open offers.

WTF?
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #173
Doctamike
Bat Boy

Blues Can't Trade

While playing as the St. Louis Blues, I cannot initiate a trade. When I go into the trade screen, it shows that my team is the Predators, but the players from the Blues are listed. I cannot add any of my players to the trade, though. While simulating, I am stopped every day by messages telling me that the Anaheim Ducks cannot accept my trade proposal of Nothing for Nothing.

This is new to 1.0.3. Trading worked fine in 1.0
Doctamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #174
solarstorm
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctamike View Post
While playing as the St. Louis Blues, I cannot initiate a trade. When I go into the trade screen, it shows that my team is the Predators, but the players from the Blues are listed. I cannot add any of my players to the trade, though. While simulating, I am stopped every day by messages telling me that the Anaheim Ducks cannot accept my trade proposal of Nothing for Nothing.

This is new to 1.0.3. Trading worked fine in 1.0
Have the same problem. I play as San Jose and in my trade screen it says Pittsburgh. And I get the same message everyday from Anaheim.
Also I can't respond to trades as the pop up window with the response to the trade is stuck at the bottom of my monitor.
solarstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #175
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

What I find extremely annoying is that NOBODY from the development team ever posts in this thread ...

... maybe a reason why a lot of the bugs posted during beta are still in the game ?
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #176
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

And it goes on and on ...

dates for expansion in 1967 and 1970 are stll on display, and even though Free Agents filed on June 30 I can't make any offers ...

... I only can shortlist the players
Attached Images
Image Image 
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #177
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

AW: The Bug Report Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
What I find extremely annoying is that NOBODY from the development team ever posts in this thread ...

... maybe a reason why a lot of the bugs posted during beta are still in the game ?
More reactions to the reported bugs would be nice. Maybe this could be also handled by Brad (PR and Media guy)? So he would be the guy between the devs and the users (so that Jeff can concentrate on fixing bugs with 100% of his power without having to write on this forum the whole day?)
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #178
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehip View Post
Game crashes when I click on NHL Entry Draft on June 22, 2014. It crashes every time I have tried and that would be at least five times. I am now just going to fast sim pass the draft date and hope that is the only crash.
I can't get this to repeat. What league setup were you using - all of them set to playable, or just certain ones? Were you controlling a team or unemployed, was commissioner mode on or off, and if it was on, had you made any edits?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #179
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger View Post
In version 1.03 I am trying to make a trade but for some reason the game is defaulting me as the Montreal Canadians when I am playing as the NY Rangers.

So at the trade screen instead of having access to the Rangers players, picks etc I am set to the Canadians.

EDIT:

I simmed the next day and I am able to access the Rangers screen but now in my inbox I am getting hundreds of messages saying TRADE ACCEPTED or NO WAY and I cannot respond to these e-mails or make them stop.
Is this a new game or a 1.0 save, and what mode are you playing in, regular or historical? And did you initiate the trade by right-clicking on a player on another team's roster, using the action box on a player screen, or using "Trade Player" from the menu? Finally, was this mid-season, or at the start of the year? It doesn't seem to happen when I start a regular game with the Rangers.

Montreal has the lowest team ID number in the database, so if something goes wrong with the team ID's in a menu, it'll frequently default to them. But we need a little more info to narrow down exactly what's happening, since it doesn't seem to occur all the time.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #180
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinov View Post
Encountered another "Unknown" player today. Martin Unknown. Last I saw an "Unknown" player, he was Jim and over 6000 years old. This guy seems pretty normal (27 years old), albeit his last name.
Martin Růžička - the name system seems to have trouble handling ž's, there are a couple of dozen Czech players affected. We'll see what's going wrong.