Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 10-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #21
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Does the Import Cities File tool referenced in Post #5 work in OOTP 14?
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #22
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
Does the Import Cities File tool referenced in Post #5 work in OOTP 14?
It does.
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:07 PM   #23
farmkidD2
Minors (Single A)

I'm a little confused, from the OOTP 14 manual, it states: "OOTP's world database is actually nothing more than two text files: nations.txt and cities.txt." You guys are talking about editing an .xml file but it looks like you are doing the same end-goal.

Thanks guys.
farmkidD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #24
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmkidD2 View Post
I'm a little confused, from the OOTP 14 manual, it states: "OOTP's world database is actually nothing more than two text files: nations.txt and cities.txt." You guys are talking about editing an .xml file but it looks like you are doing the same end-goal.

Thanks guys.

That's from OOTP11. OOTP12 switched the world SB to an xml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #25
farmkidD2
Minors (Single A)

Wait, then why is it in the OOTP 14 manual? Do they all just use the same manual?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #26
Ike348
All Star Starter

It hasn't been updated in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:55 AM   #27
farmkidD2
Minors (Single A)

I've been working on creating my own post-apocalyptic world where it is basically so primitive that they don't know anything else exists, so I really want there to just be one nation in that world. I think I understand how to do that.

My question is regarding the regions. Do I need them if I only have one nation?I'm just a little confused as to what the regions are. Are these where they will try to draw international scouts from? I re-read Dreifort's intro thread several times, but I just cannot make sense of it in my head. Can someone help me out a bit?
Old 01-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #28
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I can't answer your question for sure, but I think you would be safe to put in one region for whatever your one nation is...

Look over this world.dat file from the US States and Canadian Provinces as Nations mod that was made by Klavier, Bottom of the Sixth and myself... You can see how Klavier set up the Regions in this mod and maybe it will help you in setting yours up...
Attached Files
File Type: zip world_default ver3.zip (356.1 KB, 333 views)

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #29
farmkidD2
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
I can't answer your question for sure, but I think you would be safe to put in one region for whatever your one nation is...

Look over this world.dat file from the US States and Canadian Provinces as Nations mod that was made by Klavier, Bottom of the Sixth and myself... You can see how Klavier set up the Regions in this mod and maybe it will help you in setting yours up...
That did help, but it brought up another question. Why did you guys want the states to each be their own nation? Was this for fictional story purposes, or does it make something in the game function better?
Old 01-26-2014, 08:24 PM   #30
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmkidD2 View Post
That did help, but it brought up another question. Why did you guys want the states to each be their own nation? Was this for fictional story purposes, or does it make something in the game function better?
The States as Nations Project was originally created to be used in OOTP11 or older OOTP game versions. Since OOTP12 was released, the game files were changed and that is why we created the "new" version of the States as nations Project.

Several years ago I created the Great Lakes Baseball Association (GLBA) which is a fictional league that started up in 1920 and uses fictional teams and players. The GLBA is designed so I can control one team and I play out all of my games. In order to help keep the league moving along and not get bogged down, I created and use a 42 game schedule. I play with no spring training games and no minor leagues. In order to help my league fit into the 1920's era, all travel is based on train or bus travel only. All games are played in the early afternoon on FRI, SAT, SUN only, during the regular season. Some weekday games will appear once the playoffs begin.

There are two leagues, Great Lakes West (GLW) and the Great Lakes East (GLE). There are 4 divisions in each league. Each division represents a actual US state which actually borders one of the Great Lakes. The four divisions of the GLW are MN, WI, IL and IN. The four divisions of the GLE are MI, OH, PA, and NY.

Each division (state) has eight teams. These 8 teams can only play other teams found in their own division, during the regular season. The only time they can play a non-divisional team is if they make the playoffs. Also, in order for a player to play on a team, they have to be born from that same state. For example, if a ball player was born in the state of NY, that ball player could only be recruited and play for one of the teams that are found in the NY Division. He could not be traded, signed, or recruited, by a "foreign" team.

In order to get this kind of league structure and setup to help control where the ball players came from, the only option I had was to use the States as Nations project which, at that time was only available for OOTP11 or older game versions. Due to some problems I encountered after creating and running my GLBA while using OOTP11, I was forced to move my league up to a new game version and I decided to use OOTP13 however, we had to first create a States as Nations world_default file to use it!

Hope that helps answer your question.

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 01-26-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #31
klavier
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post

You don't need to have the Region section in the xml at all. I put it in the file in case BotS wanted to use it for the Great Lakes league he had planned. I'm not exactly sure of everything that Regions do but I know that players will only come from those places that are in the Region you select.
klavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #32
beorn
All Star Starter

I have an existing online league, and would like to edit the baseball quality in various nations. Is there a way to do this?
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #33
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

update to the OP for anyone looking to add new/fictional locations to the world.xml database.

highest state # used is 3397
highest city # used is 91037

so you'll just want to make sure your additions are above those (maybe 4000 and up for state and 99000 and up for city, just to give plenty of room).
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #34
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

After fooling around a bit with the world_default.xml file, I have a few comments on Dreifort's excellent tutorial:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreifort View Post
So I am going to add a new language/ethnicity to both the .txt file and .xml file. Since I plan on my nation being near USA, Canada and Greenland (and start in 1901), I want a mix of 10/1000 African faces, 10/1000 Asian faces, 0/1000 East-Indian faces, 970/1000 Caucasian faces, and 10/1000 Hispanic. I add the following to the .txt file:

PHP Code:
40,Legendary,10,10,0,970,10
Notice the #s add up to 1000: 10,10,0,970,10... if you create a new ethnicity - be sure your combination of the 5 major face gens total 1000.

then add the following making it the last of the listed langauges in the .xml file using the next available Laguage ID # which is "40":

PHP Code:
    <LANGUAGE id="40" name="Legendary" /> 
Don't add a language ID number higher than 39. The game is hardcoded for the current set of 40 language IDs - 0 through 39. The limit applies to both the world_default.xml file and the ethnicities.txt file. That's a limitation we've all long lamented, but, as of version 16, it's still there.

Quote:
Nation:
ID - Game default # value for nations ends at 252 (if you add a new nation to an untouched world_default.xml, start with 253). Never duplicate Nation ID values.
The nation, state, and city ID numbers don't have to be consecutive, they just have to be unique. So you don't have to start a new sequence where the old one left off.

Quote:
* All LID line PCT values must not total more than 100 for the country. Example, you could have 3 different LID PCT values of 70, 20, and 10... totaling 100%.
I believe this is incorrect. The LID values are relative to each other, they're not percentages. Still, to be on the safe side, it's not a bad idea to have these numbers add up to 100. On the other hand, the values on each line of the ethnicities.txt file must add up to 1000.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #35
Tullius
Minors (Triple A)

Some news for OOTP 17:

highest available State ID: 3397
highes available City ID: 91119
Tullius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 04:10 PM   #36
imhoff2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is the limitation of editing the default world xml file after your world is created still there on OOTP17? I am interested in creating a world where the countries develop baseball while the league continues over the seasons. Do I need to have all the modifications done before I start the first season?

Thanks for any help, you guys! This game is crazy awesome!!
imhoff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #37
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhoff2 View Post
Is the limitation of editing the default world xml file after your world is created still there on OOTP17? I am interested in creating a world where the countries develop baseball while the league continues over the seasons. Do I need to have all the modifications done before I start the first season?
Are you trying to adjust a already created and up and running world or are you starting from scratch and you want to create a new "world"?

If everything is new, I'd highly suggest trying to get everything setup the way you want it, and save it as a world template, BEFORE you play out or advance from the first day. If you don't, you can't "turn back the clock" and restart it.

After you think you have things set up correctly, save things as a world template BEFORE you test out your new league. I would suggest doing a auto sim of at least 10+ years to see if everything is working the way you want it.

If you get to a point where everything is looking good in your test auto sim, just use the last world template you saved to create and restart your world.

If you put in the proper time of setting things up and testing, before you start manually playing things out, it will save you from "wasting" a ton of time and effort setting things up the way you want it, only to find out things are not playing out the way you had planed.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:51 PM   #38
imhoff2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Are you trying to adjust a already created and up and running world or are you starting from scratch and you want to create a new "world"?

If everything is new, I'd highly suggest trying to get everything setup the way you want it, and save it as a world template, BEFORE you play out or advance from the first day. If you don't, you can't "turn back the clock" and restart it.

After you think you have things set up correctly, save things as a world template BEFORE you test out your new league. I would suggest doing a auto sim of at least 10+ years to see if everything is working the way you want it.

If you get to a point where everything is looking good in your test auto sim, just use the last world template you saved to create and restart your world.

If you put in the proper time of setting things up and testing, before you start manually playing things out, it will save you from "wasting" a ton of time and effort setting things up the way you want it, only to find out things are not playing out the way you had planed.
Great! I hadn't thought of the world template idea. And I just found out that the individual baseball qualities of each country can be changed in-game too! I've always started everything from the default setting and then tweaked it in the first year. Hadn't gotten anything to work quite right yet.

Appreciate the help!
imhoff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:37 AM   #39
SaoMagnifico
Minors (Double A)

Hey, hopefully someone can help me with this -- I'm trying to edit the world_default.xml file (trying to break out Texas, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Okinawa as their own countries, rename the Netherlands Antilles to Bonaire, and also change some ethnicities), but no matter what changes I make, when I start a new game, the world doesn't reflect them at all. (The countries I've added don't show up, the name of the Netherlands Antilles is unchanged, the ethnicities display as stock, etc.)

What am I doing wrong?
Old 01-29-2017, 11:10 PM   #40
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

I receive this error, even though I am not editing that section.