Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #401
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
FYI for anyone at work who can't log in from work, it's A's, Padres, Cubs, and Indians. Perfect Waddell, Boudreau, and Hoffman. Cubs have a 97 OA Ernie Banks and Jack Taylor as top rewards, plus obviously many other rewards cards and packs available.
Can someone post a screenshot of Boudreau? That card could be really exciting. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2019, 11:06 AM   #402
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Can someone post a screenshot of Boudreau? That card could be really exciting. Thanks!
nabbed from the discord room.... hmmm... came out a bit blurry.... maybe someone else has a cleaner shot....

second edit... that's a bit better (took a screenshot of a better view and saved that one)
Attached Images

Last edited by stl jason; 09-16-2019 at 11:25 AM.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:15 AM   #403
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

I've been collecting Yankees, Dodgers and Cardinals for quite a while, I hope that'll pay off some day

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #404
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I've been collecting Indians since the All-Star Game. With all the talk about how much the OOTP guys loved being in Cleveland I thought they were a sure bet for the first round of missions to come out after the ASG. I'm about to log in and see how well I've done.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:48 AM   #405
gemini615
All Star Reserve

I ended up 3 cards short of a perfect Boudreau at mission launch. Ugh.

Now it's like the wild wild west and I have no points. Time to get scrappy.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #406
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
nabbed from the discord room.... hmmm... came out a bit blurry.... maybe someone else has a cleaner shot....

second edit... that's a bit better (took a screenshot of a better view and saved that one)
Want!
Old 09-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #407
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini615 View Post
I ended up 3 cards short of a perfect Boudreau at mission launch. Ugh.

Now it's like the wild wild west and I have no points. Time to get scrappy.
Two cards away here. I do have some points but not nearly enough as both cards I need are diamonds. I did manage to complete the collections without locking my silver Thome and Lemon cards, so while it kills me to sell them from a completist standpoint, I now have diamond versions of each player and that could give me a quick pop of close to 10K (fingers crossed).

Strangely (or not) one of the cards is the same player as I need to finish the White Sox mission for another team. Without naming any names, let's just say it rhymes with Booless Bo Backson...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb

Last edited by BigRed75; 09-16-2019 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #408
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

And in his first ever start, 96 OVR Bob Lemon goes the distance, giving up one run off five hits, also striking out five. Nice.

SPTT team

Old 09-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #409
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I have 4 of 7 required for Cleveland Indians: Waiting on Greatness, on my pre-Jackie team, but the rewards are a silver card, bronze card, and Gold pack heh
Old 09-16-2019, 12:40 PM   #410
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Two cards away here. I do have some points but not nearly enough as both cards I need are diamonds. I did manage to complete the collections without locking my silver Thome and Lemon cards, so while it kills me to sell them from a completist standpoint, I now have diamond versions of each player and that could give me a quick pop of close to 10K (fingers crossed).

Strangely (or not) one of the cards is the same player as I need to finish the White Sox mission for another team. Without naming any names, let's just say it rhymes with Booless Bo Backson...
I flipped my Man-Ram so now I can get one of the three I need.
Now it's just a waiting game.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #411
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
I have 4 of 7 required for Cleveland Indians: Waiting on Greatness, on my pre-Jackie team, but the rewards are a silver card, bronze card, and Gold pack heh
Yeah, I was a tad disappointed with that reward. Although I did pull 2 gold cards from my free gold pack lol
Old 09-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #412
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Im looking forward to filling in the gaps from the last two rounds of missions as people forget about those cards for a bit
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:41 PM   #413
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Unlike most Monday morning Collection bonanzas, I actually had time to list my cards today. Took me about an hour but I got 'em all on the block. We'll see if the headstart nets me extra PP. Some sold pretty quick like Gold Victor Martinez (9,999 PP) and some of the Iron Unsung Heroes. Means I probably could have got more, but you can't go broke making a profit.

The rich get richer as my higher value teams had more ammunition to sell. My poor broke Cowboys invested mostly in Cardinals, so they'll have to wait for that to pay off. Wasn't many Cubs on the market last week to buy. I invested too much into Yankees for the Crayons, but I felt like I had to as a defensive move. If aggressive buying of cards can be seen as defensive.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #414
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Dah Bears had enough cards to complete the collections on launch, so I'll show you all what you can get...mostly just OK stuff

Ernie Banks (97) is the biggest help due to being an amazing defender and a huge upgrade over Don Kessinger (71) on offense.

Jack Taylor (93) is a pretty solid starter

The Sammy Sosa (92) is even more of a powerhouse than the Sammy Sosa (91), not sacrificing much on defense either.

The other highlight is Frank Chance (88), Con 77, Pow 60, Eye 69, Def 73, 90 speed, 96 stealing, 79 baserunning. Pretty much the same against lefties or righties, would be interesting if I wasn't already overloaded at first.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

F2P:
Canthereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:57 PM   #415
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Between 3 teams, I earned 3 Sieberns and 2 packs. One team is 1 card away on 3 different Padres missions, and between all 3 I am 1 card shy on 4 different Philadelphia A's missions. I was hoping to position myself to complete those. Now I wonder why I even bother...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:58 PM   #416
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I had one standard pack mission ready when I logged in this evening. The bunters, I think.

Looks like I was a little bit too slow trying to finish off SE Vida Blue because the A's missions happened. Decided to become a seller rather than pay through the nose for those final few gold cards I needed.

Man, NINE missions needed for the Indians and seven for the Cubs. Dang.

The 100 Hoffman and 100 Boudreau look like cards even the whales will want.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:13 PM   #417
gemini615
All Star Reserve

It took all day, but I finally got the 3 cards I needed for the Lou Boudreau. I'll eventually have to buy back a few cards I sold to finance him, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. Pretty stoked!
Attached Images
Old 09-18-2019, 08:14 PM   #418
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

TLDR: collections can be profitable

Was slow to jump on the collections train, but here's what I've completed over the past month, including total mission costs and what the resulting set of cards sold for. Collections listed in order of completion. Cards were sold unless specifically noted that cards were kept. All PP listed as profit includes the 10% AH fee.

Hit Parade
Cost: 77,349PP
Card: Ichiro Suzuki
Profit: None, kept card

Leftys and Righties
Cost: 11,502PP
Card: Lefty Gomez
Profit: 15,497PP

St.Louis Browns: The St. Louis Years
Cost: 24,133PP
Card: George Sisler
Profit: 13,666PP

LIVE Philadelphia
Cost: 12,804PP
Card: Lenny Dykstra
Profit: 7,760PP

Charlie O's Oakland A's
Cost: 76,590PP
Card: Vida Blue
Profit: None, kept card

BRAVES COLLECTION
Cost: 61,770PP
Primary Card: John Smoltz
Profit: None, kept Smoltz card (sold all other cards from this collection)

SEATTLE COLLECTION
Cost: 69,601PP
Primary Card: Kazuhiro Sasaki
Profit: -11,102PP
Should have made about a 12K profit here, but accidentally quick-sold the Mike Schooler card.

CHICAGO WHITE SOX COLLECTION
Cost: 44,062PP
Primary Card: Ed Walsh
Profit: None, kept Walsh card (sold all other cards from this collection)

LIVE Detroit
Cost: 2,738PP
Card: Harry Heilmann
Profit: 4,731PP

LIVE Oakland
Cost: 18,665PP
Card: Eddie Plank
Profit: 6,084PP

WASHINGTON SENATORS/MINNESOTA TWINS COLLECTION
Cost: 55,065PP
Primary Card: Johan Santana
Profit: 34,017PP

Total spent for Ichiro, Blue, Smoltz and Walsh (cards that were kept): 259,771PP
Total profit on all other collections: 70,653PP (should be just over 90k but accidentally quick-sold Schooler card...)

Theoretically could clear an additional 810k PP (900 * 10% AH fee) if Ichiro, Blue, Smoltz and Walsh were sold.
So, 810,000 - 259,771 + 70,653 = 620,882PP would be TOTAL PROFIT if ALL CARDS were sold.

So, these collections have the opportunity to be pretty profitable for those who do them.

Last edited by pappyzan; 09-19-2019 at 01:19 AM. Reason: clarification
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:51 AM   #419
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
CHICAGO WHITE SOX COLLECTION
Cost: 44,062PP
Card: Ed Walsh
Profit: None, kept card (sold all other cards from this collection).
...are you saying your total output of PP for the CWS collection was only 44,062 PP, or this number is including selling SE Appling, SE Fox, SE Ordonez, SE Buehrle and the results from the diamond packs. If it's the former I don't believe it at all.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:01 AM   #420
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
...are you saying your total output of PP for the CWS collection was only 44,062 PP, or this number is including selling SE Appling, SE Fox, SE Ordonez, SE Buehrle and the results from the diamond packs. If it's the former I don't believe it at all.
After selling all other resulting SE cards in the collection, plus whatever was pulled from rewarded packs, I was out 44,062 PP. YMMV, but at the end of the day, Walsh cost me 44,062 PP.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote