Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:49 AM   #1
ufo2869
Bat Boy

about Lahman database...

It might not have anything to do with OOTP, but I was looking through 'master' table of Lahman database for some reason, and I found a couple of columns named 'fastball', 'slider', 'curve', ...

I thought those would indicate pitch types and the numbers for each column would mean pitch value or usage frequency or something.

but it seemed that wasn't the case, as I found Kershaw's curve was assigned 5 while Rivera's cutter was 1.

Any idea what they mean? If so, please leave a comment.
ufo2869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:26 PM   #2
SeanLahman
Bat Boy

These aren't in the Lahman database. Maybe a modified version that someone else created?
SeanLahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

OOTP has over the years added a large number of columns to the old lahman master file, the fielding file, the batting file and the pitching file and pretty much every Lahman file the game used to use. Now they have morphed into OOTP files with the same names. OOTP also uses a number of files containing information that is not available in the Lahman set.

The specific ones you are asking about originate from the roster team. I don't know what they mean nor if they are used for anything. At a guess they look like they have something to do with the pitches a pitcher can throw.

Last edited by Spritze; 03-27-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote