Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-16-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
SoonerfanTU
Bat Boy

Dumb question I'm sure.....

But I bought OOTP19 last year. Didn't get a chance to play it much, but wanted to know what my options would be for importing an accurate roster for the current season and starting a 2019 league/season? Is that something that is done?
SoonerfanTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Slim to none.

A modder would have to make a custom roster. Or you could spend dozens and dozens of hours doing it yourself.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:35 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you just need someone to export the 2019 players and then jump through a few hoops with a spreadsheet program to make it importable to your league.

or, just buy 20.

it can take a lot of effort if you are not familiar with a spreadsheet and very basics of a dB... like what a primary key's function is and why you can't create one with an import of player list from another league... the why isn't important... you can't create new players and playerID through an import of a player list.

so, you must re-use them. that means there needs to be at least that many players. easy to add players in bulk to FA screen. trick is to paste over players and re-use the playerID column from destination league exported list.

TeamID is another hiccup. as long as the league is the same size and same team names etc etc... it will be in the same order but may have a differet starting TeamID... again, easy to fix with a spreadhseet in a matter of seconds.

what's difference of first team's ID? if the new teams are TeamID+14, you have to add 14 to all team id before copy/pasting over the target league's export. say it's A-column... so, in some blank column type "=a1-14"... now a function called "series" can fill every cell below that subtracting 14 from a2, a3, a4 etc...

that should put every single player where they should be... even if the "350" players you created in FA to match total player number are not on a team... that will be copied over with the new teamIDs you created above... paste over old ones before copying/pasting to target league export.

columns cannot be out of order... rows can, though. or if that is an issue, likely not... can simply re-sort and it'll be fixed in seconds before you can import to ootp.

this can all be done in a matter of minutes. maybe less, if familiar with process and maybe setup a macro or something to avoid repeating loops of action. click a button and it's done the next time... etc.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-16-2019 at 07:41 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:39 AM   #4
SoonerfanTU
Bat Boy

Cool. Thank you for the answers. I couldn't remember if there were people out there that would make the updated files and share them, or not. I know there are some with some of the older versions. Sounds like if I want to play with the current guys, I probably should just buy the new version.

Thanks again.
SoonerfanTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:14 PM   #5
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerfanTU View Post
But I bought OOTP19 last year. Didn't get a chance to play it much, but wanted to know what my options would be for importing an accurate roster for the current season and starting a 2019 league/season? Is that something that is done?
Might this be what you're looking for: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=295870

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote