Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:02 PM   #41
tejdog1
All Star Starter

It's predetermined that the Cubbies won't win a WS ever, right?

Right?
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #42
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

the only thing that IS predetermined is that WE play this game and have various reactions.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:11 PM   #43
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Some of the various reactions I've had to this game

Frustrstion

Heartbreak

Screaming

Cursing in front of small children

Insulting the nonexistent mothers of digital pitchers

Throwing things

Alcohol abuse

Insomnia

An urge to locate a certain MLB pitcher in real life, knock on his door, and then knock him flat when he answers it
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:39 AM   #44
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Some of the various reactions I've had to this game

Frustrstion

Heartbreak

Screaming

Insulting the nonexistent mothers of digital pitchers

Throwing things

Insomnia

An urge to locate a certain MLB pitcher in real life, knock on his door, and then knock him flat when he answers it

ALL of above in SPADES
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:42 AM   #45
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
It's predetermined that the Cubbies won't win a WS ever, right?

Right?
Only if you believe in a righteous god.

But seriously, this is OOTP. Not pro wrestling. Markus is not Vince McMahon, guys. Thank goodness!
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:49 AM   #46
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

What I don't want to see

is the Cubs ever winning the Series, or the Bills a Super Bowl.
Attached Images

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:03 PM   #47
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Judging by their start, it looks like the Cubs have to be the favorites to win the World Series this year.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:59 PM   #48
Piert1025
Bat Boy

This game is 100% predetermined. Judgement aside, I played Game 5 of the NLDS twice. NYM @ LAD. Syndergaard vs. Kershaw. I played as the Mets.

First game- Kershaw wasn't pitching great. Gives up 3 runs in 5 inning. Thor pitched a perfect game into the 5th. From there, the Dodgers batted around, hit 2 HR's and even Kershaw hit a bloop single into the outfield. I lose 6-3.

Second game- Kershaw isn't pitching great, but better than the first game. He gives up 3 runs in 5 innings. Thor throws a no-hitter into the 5th when the Dodgers send 8 to the plate. Kershaw bloop singles into the outfield. Thor gives up 2 HRs. I lose again, in the exact same way, 6-3.

After playing an entire season, I've seen this predetermined BS over and over and over. It makes the game boring and uninteresting. I have no problem losing, if the loss is fair. At this point, 2 months after the release date, all players should have seen how games are predetermined at times. The game needs better coding!!!!
Piert1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:05 PM   #49
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piert1025 View Post
At this point, 2 months after the release date, all players should have seen how games are predetermined at times. The game needs better coding!!!!

At this point, all players will have seen that you are posting in a thread that is over a year old about a version that has been our for a year and two months..
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:23 PM   #50
Piert1025
Bat Boy

Oops... ������

16' was bad but 17' is much worse....

Last edited by Piert1025; 05-31-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Piert1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:30 PM   #51
RchW
Hall Of Famer

So are you referring to the Show or OOTP?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 06:01 PM   #52
Durfio
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
The only thing that's pre-determined is I know every single year they'll be somebody that will come in here and accuse the game of being predetermined
I know this is regarding an older version of the game, and I have doubts that after all this time anyone will even see this post, but I just have to say, I have been curious about this for some time now. I'm playing a fictional historical game on OOTP 23. I like to play out my games and sometimes it feels like the AI has simply decided enough is enough and the AI time is going to pile on some runs. Recently I loaded up a game where the situation was 2 on and 2 out in the 3rd inning with my ace on the mound. Decent hitter up, first pitch, hit into next week. And it just felt like a bunch of bull crap. I can't explain way, but I decided to test the predetermined outcome theory. I killed the game without saving, and reloaded the game. Homerun. Could just be a hot batter who was likely to hit one, reloaded, homerun, reloaded homerun. Each time there were different pitches, different locations and different counts but I tried this 28 times before giving up. There were 25 balls hit out of the park and 3 inside the park home runs. Now technically the algorithm could randomly select home run as the outcome for the at-bat 28 times in a row, but it doesn't seem likely. Seems like the code has decided my ace needs to be taken down a notch and 11 games over .500 is enough for the middle of May. To be fair..... my team has had plenty of success, and some of that success felt a little outlandish too and now it feels all too likely that the AI threw me a few bones in that success too, but the illusion of "realistic results" is now shattered for me. I don't know if it's just the next at bat that is pre determined or a string of them or what. But I have to come to believe that no matter how many times I load that save in that situation I will always see the AI hit a home run if I "Pitch to Batter". I know I could intentionally walk the guy, pull my pitcher, visit the mound, try other things but I wanted to know if this predetermined outcome thing was real and it sure feels that way to me after this experiment. Sadly, it kinda shatters the illusion of not seeing predetermined outcomes. I'm not saying the game has decided who is going to win or how many games or any nonsense like that. I'm just sharing what I found by experiment and it seems this next at-bat has already been determined. I'm going to test it more times before I continue this game but I'll probably give up soon since it's getting boring and the only variance in result is where the home run lands.
Durfio is offline   Reply With Quote