Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 10-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #341
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

1986 World Series Game 3

10/19

I think that there was a guy who was reading my dynasty that said that "he hoped HOU Nolan Ryan wouldn't pitch against the NY Mets in the NLCS."
I submit to you that Ryan is right now, IMO the World Series MVP, even though the series isn't over yet.
In the 3 games that Ryan has pitched in the postseason, he is 3-0 and has YET to give up an earned run.
So is ERA for the playoffs is 0.00!
You cant do any better than that.
Oh yeah...the HOU Astros crushed the TOR Blue Jays 8-0 @ The Astrodome to take a 2-1 WS lead.
Ryan only gave up 2 hits to the Blue Jays tonight.
Astros batters went off on TOR pitching, as Davey Lopes and Phil Garner had 3 hits each tonight, and Kevin Bass hit his 3rd HR of the playoffs.
BTW, Nolan Ryan went 2 for 4 at the plate and had FIVE RBIs tonight.
If the series does go back to Canada, maybe HOU Mgr. Hal Lanier should let Ryan DH.
Just a thought!
Game 4 is tomorrow night @ The Astrodome.

HOU Leads Series 2-1
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 10-19-2015 at 03:14 PM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #342
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

1986 World Series Game 4

They say that it is pitching that wins championships.
The HOU Astros are one game away from that, as HOU Mike Scott just baffles the TOR Blue Jays 3-1 @ The Astrodome.
Scott went 8.2 innings and gave up just one late run on 7 hits.
TOR Jim Clancy has had a tough postseason as he takes his 2nd loss, giving up 3 runs on 7 hits.
The Astros were led by Kevin Bass, who hit his 4th HR of the playoffs, Phil Garner and Alan Ashby, who each had two hits tonight.
TOR Damaso Garcia was 3 for 3 in the loss for the Blue Jays.
One game left for the Astros, can they clinch it tomorrow night at home?

HOU Leads Series 3-1
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 10-20-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:52 PM   #343
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

1986 World Series Game 5

10/21

The TOR Blue Jays told the HOU Astros that you are NOT celebrating tonight.
TOR holds off elimination with a 3-0 shutout of HOU behind stellar pitching from Jimmy Key.
Key gave up 7 hits and no runs, while HOU Bob Knepper is now 0-3 in the Postseason, unable to pitch a championship in front of the HOU home crowd here at The Astrodome.
TOR was led by Jesse Barfield, who went 1 for 4, but had 2 RBIs tonight.
HOU Kevin Bass went 3 for 4 tonight, but none of the Astros batters could get through TOR Jimmy Key.
So...the 1986 World Series will finish north of the border in Exhibition Stadium.
Game 6 will be played there on Friday night.

HOU Leads Series 3-2
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 10-21-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:50 PM   #344
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Everyone...step right up and meet...

THE 2015 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #345
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

1986 World Series Game 6

10/23

A Game 6 for the ages, but one that finishes with a champion crowned.
The HOU Astros are the Champions of Baseball for 1986, as they win the final game of the series 6-5 in 10 innings over the TOR Blue Jays @ Exhibition Stadium.
For HOU: Nolan Ryan, finally shows he's human after all as he actually gave up 2 earned runs in 7 innings while striking out 6.
Glenn Davis goes 4 for 5 tonight, and Davey Lopes hits a HUGE HR in the 9th inning.
For the Blue Jays, George Bell goes 3 for 5 tonight, and Ernie Whitt, Willie Upshaw and Jesse Barfield smacked HRs over the wall.
Barfield's was huge as he hit it in the bottom of the 9th with two out and two strikes on him.
I thought i was going to see some world series magic after that.
But not this time, as the Astros took the lead in the 10th, and the Blue Jays were not able to come back.
The champagne is uncorked and the Astros locker room is soaked with drink and sweat and jubilation.

HOU Astros Win Series 4-2
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 10-23-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:12 PM   #346
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Close of 1986 Dynasty!!!

I just want to say before i officially close this dynasty replay on the NY Mets and the 1986 MLB Season, that i had a great time doing it.
Because of all you OOTP fans that have read and enjoyed my presentation, i want to say thank you to all of you.
Some of you have used my dynasty ideas to create your own threads, i am extremely flattered and even though i felt i have done a good job, there is always room for improvement.
I really didn't think that i would be able to keep up with this dynasty every single day...but i was able to accomplish it.
There will be a NEW real time replay for OOTP17 that i plan to do next year.
Haven't decided yet on who to do it on or what year.
Perhaps, i switch gears on the Mets and Marlins.
Maybe a 2016 Mets season, and a 1997 Florida Marlins season.
Always wanted to see if i could win a world series with a team that was specifically PURCHASED to do just that.
Or maybe, go back further in time, to see if I can win with the 1927 NY Yankees and Murderer's Row.
Maybe a visit to 1969, the year of my birth, to see if the Amazin' Mets can win their first improbable title.
An idea of mine was to stay in New York in the year 1977, and check out Reggie Jackson, and the 1977 NY Yankees.
Or maybe, you guys can come with some ideas.
I might take the 1986 NY Mets again, but this time, put them in a different time period, or play them in a season against baseball's best franchises of the last 50 years.
I will decide at the proper time.
For now, I hereby officially close this dynasty on Baseball Like it Oughta Be---The 1986 New York Mets.
Even though we didn't win it...i want to congratulate the team that did.
OOTP gave HOU Kevin Bass the MVP.
He deserved it...but Im gonna give it to Nolan Ryan.
Three wins, no losses and a 0.62 ERA!

Congratulations to the 1986 World Series Champions.

THE HOUSTON ASTROS!!!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 10-23-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:53 AM   #347
CatKnight
All Star Starter

Congratulations on finishing this!!

The '97 Marlins might be interesting. I would NOT take the '27 Yankees - I did that for awhile once. They're fun - but just too powerful. You can just coast to the finish line.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #348
dickysty
Major Leagues

I'm curious did any of the Mets player over or underachieve during the season?
Followed all the way from the beginning… great job!
dickysty is offline   Reply With Quote