Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
i_davis2001
Minors (Triple A)

New to OOTP Baseball:HELP!!!

am sorry for asking so many quaestions, but I have assembled 30 managers an I am trying to run my league while being very new at this. Here is a list of questions I need answered. I am asking a lot so I do not have to ask again Items in bold I need to be answered in great detail.

Questions

1. I downloaded 6.0 and I down loaded the patch 6.51. Does my key work for the patch? It keeps saying to buy the licence? What do I do?

2. How do I download the file to my server so my managers can see their teams? How do I save the file (HTML) so I can download it?

3. How do I simmulate a block of the season and then save it for export to the server for my community managers? Is there an exec. file? All I see are a bunch of files.

4. How do I access the draft? If managers trade their picks, how do I change it so the right manager recieves the pick?

5. How do I change/adjust player attributes?

6. How do I create a new player?

7. How do I have promotions to try to increase attendance.

8. How do I build a new stadium?

9. How do I make Trades or Change players from one team to the next? Do they automatically go to the minors? Can I just simply swap players from one team to the next team (i.e. a trade between the A's and the Yankees)?

10. Is this process the same for swapping players to the minors?

11. How do I lower ticket prices? Is this in the same section as Q.7?

12. How do I Change team Nicknames? Can I change player names?

If I have any more questions for you I will let you know.<!-- / message -->
i_davis2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
mrbill
All Star Reserve

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=118902

Answered

Last edited by mrbill; 05-24-2006 at 05:21 PM.
mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
i_davis2001
Minors (Triple A)

The league is full, but I will be starting my own league soon where you can win a national championship ring for the world series. I am in another league TBBL and it has stopped because the Commissioner is having family problems. send me an e-mail (i_davis2001@yahoo.com) and when I start mine, you are in. If you want to join the community of the league we are in, then go to www.invisionfree.com/tbbl and join. the instructions are there for you to join.

Ivan Davis
i_davis2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:17 PM   #4
PerfectMisnomer
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_davis2001
The league is full, but I will be starting my own league soon where you can win a national championship ring for the world series. I am in another league TBBL and it has stopped because the Commissioner is having family problems. send me an e-mail (i_davis2001@yahoo.com) and when I start mine, you are in. If you want to join the community of the league we are in, then go to www.invisionfree.com/tbbl and join. the instructions are there for you to join.

Ivan Davis

I can win a championship ring if I play in your league?

PCBL -- Commissioner, Troy Heroes GM

Current Avatar: SP Keith Ellison
20-8, 2.59 ERA and CL All-Star Game Starter
PerfectMisnomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_davis2001
am sorry for asking so many quaestions, but I have assembled 30 managers an I am trying to run my league while being very new at this. Here is a list of questions I need answered. I am asking a lot so I do not have to ask again Items in bold I need to be answered in great detail.

Questions

1. I downloaded 6.0 and I down loaded the patch 6.51. Does my key work for the patch? It keeps saying to buy the licence? What do I do?

You need to pay for 6.51.

2. How do I download the file to my server so my managers can see their teams? How do I save the file (HTML) so I can download it?

First of all, you upload the file to the server. And you do this via FTP. What do you mean by the 2nd question?

3. How do I simmulate a block of the season and then save it for export to the server for my community managers? Is there an exec. file? All I see are a bunch of files.

Well under simulate, theres simulate day, week, month, season. Then when you're where you want to be at, export it to your FTP server.

4. How do I access the draft? If managers trade their picks, how do I change it so the right manager recieves the pick?

You can't access the draft until it's that time of year. I don't think you can trade picks.

5. How do I change/adjust player attributes?

Now why would you want to cheat?

6. How do I create a new player?

No can do.

7. How do I have promotions to try to increase attendance.

It sure helps.

8. How do I build a new stadium?

Not my area of expertise.

9. How do I make Trades or Change players from one team to the next? Do they automatically go to the minors? Can I just simply swap players from one team to the next team (i.e. a trade between the A's and the Yankees)?

On the top of the screen you go to league, then play trade. They go wherever the other player was at.

10. Is this process the same for swapping players to the minors?

No, you go to your teams menu, then transactions and move them to wherever you want to go to.

11. How do I lower ticket prices? Is this in the same section as Q.7?

Yes it is, make sure to have the editor on.

12. How do I Change team Nicknames? Can I change player names?

No, No.

If I have any more questions for you I will let you know.<!-- / message -->
Problems solved. If you don't know these questions, I would suggest not running an online league for a while.

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote