Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 24 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2023 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA and the KBO.

Old 04-12-2023, 05:48 PM   #1
ChgoCubsKG
Bat Boy

5th time - error

This year's game is the worst -

tried playing 5 different times and 5 times between 35 games to 80 games played give me an error and tells me its from a prior season even with the backup.

What a waste of money this year
ChgoCubsKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 06:33 PM   #2
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

More detail might actually get you help. Screenshot of the error, description of the league, what you are doing at the time of the error, that kind of thing.

I've started numerous leagues and have only had 1 crash. If it constantly crashing for you, might be something conflicting on your system because there is very few people talking about constant crashes.

Could be so many things... fastspring or steam?

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 06:42 PM   #3
ChgoCubsKG
Bat Boy

Fast spring - just trying to pick up where I left off from earlier in the day - it shows nothing is backed up even though i back up anytime before I quit playing Name:  error.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  44.9 KB

Name:  try again .jpg
Views: 215
Size:  24.3 KB
Old 04-12-2023, 07:09 PM   #4
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

Okay, is this on a Mac by any chance? I see it is a season you have imported from 23. I got a similar error code, but not in the middle of a season. It was OOTP not finding the season file, thanks to “containers” imposed by Apple. I would expect (hope) the data is there, but there is an access problem. There should be a way to work through this.
Pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 07:11 PM   #5
ChgoCubsKG
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Okay, is this on a Mac by any chance? I see it is a season you have imported from 23. I got a similar error code, but not in the middle of a season. It was OOTP not finding the season file, thanks to “containers” imposed by Apple. I would expect (hope) the data is there, but there is an access problem. There should be a way to work through this.

nope it's a PC - I've never had this issue before with other versions before
Old 04-12-2023, 07:11 PM   #6
ChgoCubsKG
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post

also nothing was imported from another season -
Old 04-13-2023, 02:19 AM   #7
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully, someone from ootp can see this and help.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 04:19 AM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

This error message comes as a result of a corrupt save file.

First, off typically if the save is corrupt, you can restore from the autosave function.

To restore from the automatic backup, do the following:

1) Open the game and on the start screen, click on Settings.

2) Now click on the tab "Troubleshooting".

3) Click "Open folder containing saved games".

4) Now open up the league folder you're wanting to restore.

5) Then select all of the .dat files in the folder and back them up (just in case) by copying them to a temporary folder or creating a zipped file with them

6) Open the folder called "auto-save".

7) In there, select all of the ".dat" files and copy them to the league folder (the parent of the current folder) overwriting all of the ".dat" files in the league folder.

8) Now start the game and load your league.

That won't necessarily stop this from happening again though.

Unfortunately, this is typically caused by something on your system, it's not something that comes from the game itself. So not the result of a bug or anything we can prevent from happening on our end.

There are a few things that can cause corruption. This potentially includes unexpected system shutdowns or crashes while a league is saving, bad sectors on the hard drive the game is saved to, memory glitches on your computer (especially possible if the league is left open for very long periods of time without the game being shut down or restarted) or interference from other programs, especially disk cleaners or anti-virus programs.

Some of what you might do to prevent that from coming up again would be to regularly defrag your hard drive as well as check it for errors, don't leave OOTP open and running with a league loaded overnight or for long periods when you are not actually using the game, make sure to shut your computer off or at least restart it occasionally and also run as few other programs in the background at the same time as OOTP as possible. For programs that need to be running at the same time, like an anti-virus or firewall, it's a good idea to add OOTP to their whitelist and to create an exception for OOTP's directories if you use some sort of automated disk cleaner.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 06:25 AM   #9
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

have gotten this as well i figured game got corrupted after the update (v50 or 51) so i just decided to make a fantasy league instead and so far no errors after 7 seasons
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 06:30 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
have gotten this as well i figured game got corrupted after the update (v50 or 51) so i just decided to make a fantasy league instead and so far no errors after 7 seasons
The update itself cannot corrupt a league but what can sometimes happen here is that the process of installing it will trigger an anti-virus or anti-malware program to scan the OOTP data folders and that can end up causing a corrupt save.

So the biggest thing to do to prevent this is to make sure that both the OOTP program itself, as well as your saved game folder location are whitelisted in any such programs you may have on your system.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 07:29 AM   #11
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
The update itself cannot corrupt a league but what can sometimes happen here is that the process of installing it will trigger an anti-virus or anti-malware program to scan the OOTP data folders and that can end up causing a corrupt save.

So the biggest thing to do to prevent this is to make sure that both the OOTP program itself, as well as your saved game folder location are whitelisted in any such programs you may have on your system.
just stating when it occured as often as that is key to troubleshooting the issue as being a technician myself i like knowing when something occured and on what build it happened. It doesnt have to be the software just stating on what build this happened for me and if others have had it occur on same build that would be a huge clue
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote