Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #21
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
That looks like a salary dump. I'd have to know Edmonton's previous transactions to figure out exactly what happened. Normally they'd ditch Nikitin's $4.5m first if they had cap issues, but if he was already gone or they couldn't move him, they'd look to move a bigger salary, and could wind up doing something desperate if they were in big trouble.
Well looks like you were close Jeff, Edm had traded Nikitin a few months before but later traded to get Evander Kane and shipped Hall out the same day so it does seem like a salary dump. Still not the best AI but at least they did have a reason for the move.
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #22
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatu View Post
Im on the fence for this game. I would love to see examples of the good trades people have seen so far in this game. Obviously things will get patched, and it looks like the creators of the game want to make it right which is great to see! Im a happy owner of EHM EA, and I just want more great sim games to play. Maybe im just picky, but being a sim text player for 10+ years, I know what I want in a game!
Simply stating trades does not help here, trust me. It always depends on the context. Sometimes Player X for Y is a good trade, and in other games/leagues it isn't. There are injuries, talent dumps, under/overperforming players etc. Again, on the surface a trade may look stupid, but when you dig deeper it may make sense... heck, there are countless examples of stupid trades in real life, but for both GMs they made sense at the time when they were executed
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #23
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins86 View Post
Well looks like you were close Jeff, Edm had traded Nikitin a few months before but later traded to get Evander Kane and shipped Hall out the same day so it does seem like a salary dump. Still not the best AI but at least they did have a reason for the move.
Could be other factors as well. If Hall was unhappy enough, he could've demanded a trade, which would've shot him right to the top of Edmonton's priority list of guys to move right at the same time they were looking to cut salary.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #24
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Im on the fence for this game. I would love to see examples of the good trades people have seen so far in this game. Obviously things will get patched, and it looks like the creators of the game want to make it right which is great to see! Im a happy owner of EHM EA, and I just want more great sim games to play. Maybe im just picky, but being a sim text player for 10+ years, I know what I want in a game!
You don't think the transfer system in FM could do with some more work?

Start a game but don't pick your favourite team. Watch the transfers the AI manager makes and the fees paid. Then load up a new game pick your favourite team and try and make the same transfers for the same fees. The point (I'm trying to make) is that FM has been going for 20+ years and their transfer system can still do with some work.

I love Football Manager BTW, spent many, many, many hours on it.

Last edited by Doc_Brown; 09-28-2015 at 06:18 PM.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #25
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

here's some trades in my game so far. No huge names moved yet. So far all seem reasonable based on their stats/ratings and the team needs.
Attached Images
Old 09-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #26
shinomourikenji
Bat Boy

In my game before the season even started, buffalo shipped Jack Eichel to Florida for Nick Bjugstad and Juho Lammikko?

Either Buffalo found out Eichel wasn't all he was cracked up to be during training camp or Eichel just straight up refused to play for them?
shinomourikenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #27
djsatu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Simply stating trades does not help here, trust me. It always depends on the context. Sometimes Player X for Y is a good trade, and in other games/leagues it isn't. There are injuries, talent dumps, under/overperforming players etc. Again, on the surface a trade may look stupid, but when you dig deeper it may make sense... heck, there are countless examples of stupid trades in real life, but for both GMs they made sense at the time when they were executed
Absolutely get what you are saying. At the end of the day its just a game, and like I said im sure you guys will do your best to give us the best possible product you can throughout the cycle of the game into your next one (hopefully).

Front Office Football 7, Football Manager 2016, EHM EA, BBCF, OOTP 16
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:22 PM   #28
djsatu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
You don't think the transfer system in FM could do with some more work?

Start a game but don't pick your favourite team. Watch the transfers the AI manager makes and the fees paid. Then load up a new game pick your favourite team and try and make the same transfers for the same fees. The point (I'm trying to make) is that FM has been going for 20+ years and their transfer system can still do with some work.

I love Football Manager BTW, spent many, many, many hours on it.
Yeah but I have been playing game since Championship Manager 1994 and am still hooked on it today, as I was growing up. I totally understand that no game is perfect.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:26 PM   #29
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah but I have been playing game since Championship Manager 1994 and am still hooked on it today, as I was growing up. I totally understand that no game is perfect.
Championship Manager 01/02. One of the best games ever.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:31 PM   #30
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Here's an interesting goalie trade. Quite the mistake by the EDM GM but Scriven's is playing outstanding and EDM needs another Defence for their playoff push. I see scrivens as a 3.5 P/A goalie but the truth is he's just a 3.

San Jose is getting their new number one goalie, traded Jones out who was not playing all that great but wasn't bad with a .908 save percentage in 33 games.
Attached Images

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-28-2015 at 06:34 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #31
Cod
All Star Reserve

Nobody ever posts "great trades" by the AI. I'm planning to pickup the game when I get home from work today...I'll post some goods one when I see them.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #32
djsatu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Here's an interesting goalie trade. Quite the mistake by the EDM GM but Scriven's is playing outstanding and EDM needs another Defence for their playoff push.

San Jose is getting their new number one goalie, traded Jones out who was not playing all that great but wasn't bad with a .908 save percentage in 33 games.
This alone makes me want to buy the game to ensure my Sharks keep Jones for the rest of his playing career because he is going to be a stud

Old 09-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #33
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

one last one from me. The AI wouldn't know that Justin Williams just signed with Washington in this past free agency because in the game it's my first season. (2015/2016 season). This probably saves Lombardi from the Richards mistake Gaborik playing beside Ovechkin seems like a great fit. Ovechkin and Backstrom are tearing it up. This pushes Johansson to the second line and creates a killer 1st line...that will for sure choke in the playoffs! Don't forget this frees up lots of cap space for LA too from that ridiculous contract. At the time of this trade, LA sits 3rd in the west and WSH is in 1st in the east.

EDIT: Also note that you can change the frequency of trades throughout the season if you think there are too many or not enough.
Attached Images

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-28-2015 at 07:03 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #34
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Not sure how you guys see so many huge moves and moves that are done so quick out of the gate, seems weird.

Here are the trades that I have seen so far,

Avs send Cody McLeod to Nashville for Ryan Ellis
Avs send F. Bouchemin to the Preds for Kristian Nakyva (whoever that is)
Oilers send Cam Talbot to Preds for Mattias Ekholm
Panthers send Jaromir Jagr to Buffalo for MArkus Foligno
Wild send Marco Scandella and the rights for Louis Nanne to St. Louis for Robert Bortuzzo and the rights to Sam Kurker

Thats all I have seen so far. My team has played a very terrible 12 games
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #35
greenOak
Minors (Triple A)

Seems run of the mill for the Oilers.
greenOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:29 PM   #36
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Just like real life, no?

It's funny how people want to see a game ai never, ever make what they think would be a bad move, when real life GM's and executives regularly make moves that their team's fans jump all over.

So the expectation appears to be that a game should be better than professional front offices run by guys with advanced degrees, getting paid huge amounts of money

Talk about unrealistic expectations!
The Penguins once traded Markus Naslund (869P in 1117GP) to Vancouver for Alex Stojanov (7P in 107GP). Enough said.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:09 PM   #37
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Iv'e seen Kings Trade Quick to Red Wings to replace him acquire Reimer all 3 Teams didn't make Playoffs.
We don't have an option for Favor Prospects or Vetrans in a Trade,
Old 09-28-2015, 11:21 PM   #38
MXD
Minors (Double A)

In my game, the Sharks traded Logan Couture for the Leafs, in exchange for James Reimer, Sam Carrick and Matt Hunwick.

Now, this trade doesn't make much sense at first glance. When you dig into it, it sortof does though, as Reimer is San Jose's best netminder, and Alex Stalock isn't starting material (in the game). The two other players added by the Leafs are really nothing special. Hunwick is on San Jose's roster as their 8th D-Men, and Carrick is in the Minors; projecting as an NHL, but not exactly a great one.

All of this could probably have been avoided if San Jose didn't trade Martin Jones straight-up for Deryk Engelland just the day before.
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:15 AM   #39
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinomourikenji View Post
In my game before the season even started, buffalo shipped Jack Eichel to Florida for Nick Bjugstad and Juho Lammikko?

Either Buffalo found out Eichel wasn't all he was cracked up to be during training camp or Eichel just straight up refused to play for them?
That's hilarious, that exact trade, happened during pre-season in my game, and I was like, uh-huh
Old 09-29-2015, 11:28 AM   #40
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Ever heard of trading a player who was causing trouble in the room?
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote