Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

2015 NBA Offseason thread

Seeing as the playoffs are over, let's discuss everything to do with the offseason in here.

Apparently the Lakers are trying to pry Cousins away from the Kings.

Does anyone else think they should just swallow their pride and go into full rebuilding mode through the draft? They already have Randle (although he might end up being damaged goods after the injury he had), and now they have the #2 pick. Another year of suckitude and they can get another high pick.
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #2
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Russell could go as high as #2. I think he has had interest in him increase the most during the draft workouts.

The Lakers I think should stay put. I think their master plan is Wade, Kobe and Cousins.
I really like Cousins. But Wade is only good for about 55 games a season and needs two weeks of rest to look like mid 2000s Wade.
Kobe had a horrible offensive efficiency last season and on defense he simply cannot hold his own anymore, guys were blowing by him.
Luckily SG is one of the most least talented positions depth wise.
And there is no guarantee of his health.

You would had a 'big' three but it would be a very leaky vessel to puts your hopes into.
And they would still have a terrible time filling out a bench and their defense would still be atrocious to watch.

And Bryon Scott has got to go. He is a coach from the dinosaur age of basketball.
The team needs to draft #2, do what they can this year. Resist giving Kobe another massive contract. Let him decide if he wants to hang it up. Te team owes him a lot but they have to look forward. His contract has hurt the team cap wise.
The team can rebuild, it just needs patience and a competent front office.

LA and NY have great markets but sometimes I think the fans pressure the front office into dumb decisions.
Plus since Dr. Buss died the Lakers have not been in good hands and the Knicks have not been in good hands for a decade and a half.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #3
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

I'm pretty sure Kobe said that this coming season will be his last with the Lakers. Not sure if that means he is retiring after it, though.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:59 PM   #4
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyan_cheena View Post
I'm pretty sure Kobe said that this coming season will be his last with the Lakers. Not sure if that means he is retiring after it, though.
He is a 25M cap hit this season

I love him and respect him but at this point his leaving the team would be best for the franchise. That is so much money to tie up in a player who played 35 games and shot 37% while taking 20.3 FGA

It is easy for me to say since I am not really a fan of the team (nor a hater) but it is time to move on from him and start a new roster.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #5
swoboda
All Star Starter

Unhappy

Could someone wake me up when the Knicks are a playoff team again.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:28 PM   #6
CD1083
All Star Starter

Love is officially for sale.
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #7
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
Could someone wake me up when the Knicks are a playoff team again.
Gonna be a loooong sleep.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:59 PM   #8
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Will Luke Ridnour be the first guy to be on the roster of every NBA team in the span of a week?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:27 PM   #9
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Seems to be nothing but the sound of crickets here in Indy. Not much Pacer news since the regular season ended. I guess they think a healthy Paul George will be enough to put 'em back in the postseason...but if they think it's enough to get very far, I think they're in for a rude awakening.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:34 PM   #10
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD1083 View Post
Love is officially for sale.
I think they might let him go, assuming he even has any interest in coming back at all. I can't see them bringing back Mozgov, Thompson, Verejao, and Love. Just too many bigs and too much $$$ spent on those bigs. They have to let either Love or Thompson go. I have a feeling James will want Thompson to stay, thus that will happen.

It would be nice if they could at least work out a sign and trade, but that is probably a pipe dream.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:27 PM   #11
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
Seems to be nothing but the sound of crickets here in Indy. Not much Pacer news since the regular season ended. I guess they think a healthy Paul George will be enough to put 'em back in the postseason...but if they think it's enough to get very far, I think they're in for a rude awakening.

This is not true at all.
David West opted out of his deal. This gives the Pacers 12-14 million in cap room.
I also think the team would like a better primary ball handler over George Hill.
In the draft I could see them go after Cameron Payne.
If they draft Myles Turner then this could see Hibbert leave next summer.
The Pacers would probably wish that Hibbert would not opt in on his deal but he will.
But as an expiring deal, he could very easily move.

In fact I would say that the chances the Pacers make a deal tonight are high.
Hill is a easily movable piece to a team with a ball dominant wing who likes him for his defense and shooting but not ball handling.
The Cavs or Mavericks would be a good fit.
Hibbert would interest a lot of people if the Pacers do indeed don't want him back, and I don't think they do.

The Pacers will be very interesting. They can move in a lot of different ways. They can try and draft a PG and move Hill for pieces and use cap space for a nice player. Or do something radical and move Hill and Hibbert for a big piece or more draft picks.

They are one of the more interesting teams of the summer.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #12
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Phil's pulled a Zinger!!!
Old 06-26-2015, 10:55 AM   #13
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Pretty uneventful draft night, other than the Knicks, no-one really went off the board and there were no big shake-ups.

Pat Riley's luck continues, I think the best player in the entire Draft fell to him at #10. God do I hate the Heat.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #14
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Turner was a great pick, should easily replace Hibbert. Still, I hate to see West go. He could have performed well in a mentor role. I still think they need at least one more big guy, and probably a point guard, to really contend. Hill and Hibbert could go, but to where and for whom?

I think the lack of Pacer news here stems from the fact that, with Peyton Manning and now Andrew Luck, this has become a Colts town. The Pacers haven't gotten much good press here since Reggie Miller retired.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:44 PM   #15
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

I know nothing about Cameron Payne. But Rudel likes people who talk in the third person.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #16
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Melo is such a bitch.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #17
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

With the NBA salary structure, when does each contract year "end"? Is it at the beginning of free agency? I was just looking at the Knicks roster and salaries below:

New York Knicks Salaries | HoopsHype

So when do the 2014/15 salaries get wiped off? They only have three players contracted for next season.

Thx.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #18
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyan_cheena View Post
With the NBA salary structure, when does each contract year "end"? Is it at the beginning of free agency? I was just looking at the Knicks roster and salaries below:

New York Knicks Salaries | HoopsHype

So when do the 2014/15 salaries get wiped off? They only have three players contracted for next season.

Thx.
Contracts run until June 30th
Or midnight between June 30th and July 1st
Old 06-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #19
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. So it's like the fiscal year down here in Australia.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #20
RchW
Hall Of Famer

LeBron opts out.

Even though it's expected he will re-sign, I bet there are more than a few Cleveland fans who are nervous.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote