Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
gadorg
Minors (Double A)

Releasing a player with a player option

If I sign a player to a 2 year deal with a player option in the 2nd year, if he struggles in the 1st year and I end up releasing him say, either late in the season or shortly after the season ends, does any part of that contract (other than maybe a buyout) count against my budget the following season?
gadorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
hefalumps
All Star Starter

This is a great question. I'm pretty sure I've done this with team options before, and I wasn't charged for the option year. But I usually try to avoid player options, so I've never tried it in that scenario.

If you release the guy, OOTP should warn you about how much is about to get added to your current expenses, so that should answer your question, and if it ends up charging you for the player option, you can just hit cancel. Might want to backup your game before you do it too... just in case it charges you for the player option year even though it says you won't.

Please post back and let us know if you get charged for the player option or not... I'm curious too. I have a player with a vesting option for next year that I'm thinking of releasing.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I think you just have to pay the buyout amount for that year.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Since the player did not select the buyout, I would assume that you are on the hook for the total contract amount for the second year. Remember if you release him the amount of his contract will be on this years finances not next season. You may be better off just keeping the player and releasing him the following season if you want to spread out the contract owed.

Last edited by SandMan; 06-22-2012 at 12:35 PM.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
sc_superstar
Major Leagues

Your on the hook for it until you get the message to accept or decline the option year after the World Series
sc_superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #6
madJ
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_superstar View Post
Your on the hook for it until you get the message to accept or decline the option year after the World Series
That's wrong. If it's a team option, you don't have to pay the option years. For the other options I'm not sure right now.
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madJ View Post
That's wrong. If it's a team option, you don't have to pay the option years. For the other options I'm not sure right now.
The poster stated that this was a players option. So he is on the hook for the next season if the players execute the option.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
madJ
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
The poster stated that this was a players option. So he is on the hook for the next season if the players execute the option.
I was referring to the post above mine. If it is a player option you don't get the choice wether to pick up the option or not. You just get informed if the player picked it up or if he voided it.
Just wanted to make it clear since the previous poster was referring to a team option.
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote