Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:23 AM   #81
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Glad Cleveland lost. Surprised they won more then 1 game after Irving went down. Is Lebron the greatest of this era, yes but 2-3 in the Finals, pretty bad.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:07 AM   #82
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

He is a good basketball player but still needs to learn how to give speeches since that's one of his weaknesses.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:02 AM   #83
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Very entertaining finals. Would love to see that same series with a healthy Irving and a healthy Love.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:55 AM   #84
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Very entertaining finals. Would love to see that same series with a healthy Irving and a healthy Love.
If James and Love return next season, the Cavs should be favored to win it all.
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:08 AM   #85
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD1083 View Post
I have a feeling Love is going to walk. He never seemed to quite fit in with Cleveland's style of play. That trade to get Love might end up being one of the worst ever if he walks after just one season with the Cavs.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:46 AM   #86
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Las Vegas likes Cleveland Cavaliers as winner of 2016 Finals
Old 06-17-2015, 12:13 PM   #87
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Glad Cleveland lost. Surprised they won more then 1 game after Irving went down. Is Lebron the greatest of this era, yes but 2-3 in the Finals, pretty bad.
I don't get that. Is it better not to make it at all than to make it and lose? Every player and team that didn't make it to the finals was worse and has more questions to answer than Lebron and the Cavs.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:19 PM   #88
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I don't get that. Is it better not to make it at all than to make it and lose? Every player and team that didn't make it to the finals was worse and has more questions to answer than Lebron and the Cavs.
It's a relative discussion. Of course it's better to make it and lose than sit in the gutter, but that's why we discuss Lebron.

The questions about Lebron are far more interesting to seek answers to, than those of the other teams.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #89
swoboda
All Star Starter

Would MJ have won if Pippen and Armstrong sat out a finals ?? Probably not IMO.
Would Magic have won missing both Worthy and Cooper? Probably not.
LeBron is the best player of his era. But frankly, not alot of fun to watch.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:36 PM   #90
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

I think missing Verajau was worse for the Cavs than missing Love. I think both parties would be better off next season if he walked.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #91
TonyJ
Hall Of Famer

LOL. Lot of LeBron hot takes in here. He's won two titles, his team has now made it to five straight Finals, and he just dominated a series in which his best teammate was Tristan Thompson. Sorry, but if you think he's anything less than the best player since Jordan you're just wrong.
TonyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:36 PM   #92
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

It's unfortunate for the Cavs that on both occasions they made it to The Finals, Lebron had a sub-standard supporting cast. Hopefully for them they can win it next season. I won't even mind if they beat the Warriors to do it, 'cause I'm just so happy that they finally did it this year.

As a Dubs fan of 25 years, I have been thinking back a lot on the lineups they had during that time, and how they previously came close to putting a real contender together. There's only two times really. The first was in the early '90s just after the Run-TMC era ended. They traded Mitch Richmond to Sacramento for Billy Owens at the beginning of the '91-'92 season and went 55-27. They were led by Tim Hardaway (23.4 pts, 10 ast, 2 stl per game), Chris Mullin (25.6 pts, 5.6 reb, 2.1 stl), Sarunas Marciulionis (18.9 pts) and Owens (14.3 pts, 8 reb). They were the #3 seeds, but Seattle upset them in the 1st round, 3-1. Ironically, the 7th-seeded Warriors had themselves upset San Antonio in the '91 playoffs.

In '92-'93 they went a disappointing 34-48, with Hardaway, Mullin and Marciulionis missing a combined 104 games through injury. But Sprewell was drafted by them in '92, so the future looked bright, especially when they picked up Chris Webber at the '93 draft. They went 50-32 in '93-'94 with a roster that did not include Hardaway or Marciulionis as they were both injured for the entire campaign. Marciulionis was then traded during the offseason.

It was all set for '94-'95 to be the year for them, but then it all fell apart. First thing was Webber, the rookie of the year for '94, getting himself traded to Washington for Tom freaking Gugliotta, because he didn't get along with Nelly. Then more injuries during the season. Mullin only played 25 games, Gugliotta 40, and Sprewell and Hardaway missed a combined 33. They went 26-56, and that was when their window closed. They went 36-46 in '95-'96 and 30-52 in '96-'97. By then, Hardaway was gone, Mullin was 33, and Sprewell was leading the team. If everything had fallen into place for '94-'95, they would have had a starting lineup that included Mullin, Hardaway, Sprewell and Webber, but it was not to be.

The other group that could have turned into a contender was the "We Believe" lineup of the late 2000s. If you remember, they acquired Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson and went 42-40 in '06-'07, finishing the regular season with a 16-6 run to secure the #8 seed. They then shocked the Mavericks in the first round of the playoffs and could have beaten the Jazz if not for a couple of late collapses. They traded Jason Richardson to Charlotte for Brandan Wright during the '07 draft, and although they went 48-34 in '07-'08 and missed the playoffs in an historically awesome western conference, I've always felt that trading Richardson was a terrible move. He was a Warriors stalwart, and the team that finished the previous season with so much promise deserved the chance to see what they could do together for an entire season. I think that if they had kept him, they would have made the playoffs that year. It was back to mediocrity in '08-'09.

Last edited by kenyan_cheena; 06-17-2015 at 07:44 PM.
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:10 PM   #93
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJ View Post
LOL. Lot of LeBron hot takes in here. He's won two titles, his team has now made it to five straight Finals, and he just dominated a series in which his best teammate was Tristan Thompson. Sorry, but if you think he's anything less than the best player since Jordan you're just wrong.
He's the best player since Kobe.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:10 PM   #94
TonyJ
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He's the best player since Kobe.
That is patently absurd. Kobe was good, but also hugely overrated and the beneficiary of the Yay Points! school of evaluation. LeBron can score with Kobe but at a higher efficiency level and with better defense, rebounding, and passing.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #95
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJ View Post
That is patently absurd. Kobe was good, but also hugely overrated and the beneficiary of the Yay Points! school of evaluation. LeBron can score with Kobe but at a higher efficiency level and with better defense, rebounding, and passing.
There is a debate about who is better and frankly I don't care. You've chosen your horse, but there are just as many others who think Kobe is better.

I was simply pointing out the fact that you skipped over Kobe to Jordan.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #96
TonyJ
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There is a debate about who is better and frankly I don't care. You've chosen your horse, but there are just as many others who think Kobe is better.

I was simply pointing out the fact that you skipped over Kobe to Jordan.
I skipped Kobe because there is no debate. LeBron is better and it's not even close. LeBron and Jordan is in play at this point, but there is no statistical argument for Kobe.