Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-03-2017, 03:35 AM   #1
stlcardinals19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Previous Versions of FHM4

Is there any way of downloading previous versions of FHM 4? This newest 4.4.56 version has been rather unkind to my Macbook, and I'm hoping to just roll back to a version that was, seemingly, more stable w/my configs.
stlcardinals19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

The links in the old update threads still work. The 4.3.49 Mac update is at http://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.com...4Installer.dmg

What exactly's happening with your Macbook and 4.4.56, though? If there's something wrong, we'd like to fix it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
stlcardinals19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The links in the old update threads still work. The 4.3.49 Mac update is at http://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.com...4Installer.dmg

What exactly's happening with your Macbook and 4.4.56, though? If there's something wrong, we'd like to fix it.
Thanks. There seems to be a bit of issues w/loading up saves and Auto-Play, respectively. Whenever I load up a save after opening the application, the first time I click on any player's profile page, the game crashes. Then when I reboot the app, reload the save, I can then click on a player and go to his profile page w/no issues for the duration I play FHM. But the moment I save progress and close the app, the process starts right over again. It gets pretty annoying having to boot up FHM twice in successive minutes, especially that I have a decent amount of mods on there.

The second issue is the game crashes on Auto-Play during December 2nd. I honestly don't know why or how, but every save, every Quick Game, even every Historical Game FHM 4 just conks out on the 2nd. I thought the problem was the monthly auto-save feature, but even after turning that off, I'd still get an app crash advancing past December 2nd. So I'll just save on December 1st. Advance the game, crash, reboot the app, reload the save, and more often than not, I'll be able to get through the week. Again, extremely annoying to deal with over and over.

Never really had those problems w/Versions 4.2.46, 4.0.35, and amazingly enough, the beta version of 4.0.31. Those were the most stable for me.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:00 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

The first one seems to happen intermittently, we've had reports of it but no luck tracking down the cause yet. The first suspicion was that it was a facegen problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Could you upload a save where the December 2 crash is happening, preferably one just before that date? Instructions here. I haven't heard anything about that particular day, but other Mac users have mentioned crashes on a specific day in multiple games. We really need a save to isolate the problem properly, though, because it doesn't seem to happen on the same date for everyone.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:32 AM   #5
stlcardinals19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The first one seems to happen intermittently, we've had reports of it but no luck tracking down the cause yet. The first suspicion was that it was a facegen problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Could you upload a save where the December 2 crash is happening, preferably one just before that date? Instructions here. I haven't heard anything about that particular day, but other Mac users have mentioned crashes on a specific day in multiple games. We really need a save to isolate the problem properly, though, because it doesn't seem to happen on the same date for everyone.
Alrighty then. I'll get that save uploaded my WiFi can stop acting up. In the meantime. Is it all possible I could get a link or a PM, or something to get the 0.31 Beta version? I'm not sure why, but that worked the absolute best for me. Not anywhere near the multitude of crashes I've gotten w/the later ones.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:20 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardinals19 View Post
Alrighty then. I'll get that save uploaded my WiFi can stop acting up. In the meantime. Is it all possible I could get a link or a PM, or something to get the 0.31 Beta version? I'm not sure why, but that worked the absolute best for me. Not anywhere near the multitude of crashes I've gotten w/the later ones.
4.0.31 seems to be gone from the download server, but the first update, 4.0.35, is at http://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.com...4Installer.dmg if that helps. Interesting that there was a change in stability between the release version and this one, though, that may give us a clue where to look.