Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-16-2016, 02:51 PM   #61
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
If you could you open a support ticket as per my signature I'll try to help you further via email.
Actually before you do so, the first thing I'll ask once the ticket's open, so might as well ask now, is did you buy the steam specific version of the game from our store i.e. the second option down?

If so, the key should work. But if you bought the other version of the game, you won't get a key for steam along with it, that's simply working as intended.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:05 PM   #62
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

No like I said earlier I DONT have a steam version, but I would REALLY prefer that I did...get I get refunded then I can just choose steam? I had no idea this would be an issue...I thought you saw my earlier post, sorry...
mbaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:08 PM   #63
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

I just want to be able to get automatic updates from steam and get the mods from steam instead..so much easier...I never have any luck manually installing mods
Old 10-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #64
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaliya View Post
No like I said earlier I DONT have a steam version, but I would REALLY prefer that I did...get I get refunded then I can just choose steam? I had no idea this would be an issue...I thought you saw my earlier post, sorry...
Ah, ok. Now I understand.

So yeah, open a support ticket and I'll process a refund on your purchase already made.

It won't go through the bank before tomorrow, but it'll go through soon.

Then either today or whenever you see the refund go through, just buy the steam version instead and you should be all set.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #65
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

ugh..dont get me wrong you have been amazing, but how the hell do I open a ticket? also do you think I will be able to play tomorrow?
Old 10-16-2016, 03:57 PM   #66
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaliya View Post
ugh..dont get me wrong you have been amazing, but how the hell do I open a ticket? also do you think I will be able to play tomorrow?
Just click here: Submit a ticket - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

As to whether you can play tomorrow, that's more up to you than me.

Once you open the ticket, I'll do the refund today, but it won't go through the banks for a few days. So if you absolutely need to wait till the money is back in your account before ordering the steam version, then no you probably won't be able to play tomorrow.

But if you can place the steam order today while waiting the couple days for the refund to clear, then yes, you can certainly play tomorrow.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:01 PM   #67
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

OK thank you for everything
Old 10-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #68
ServantFather
Bat Boy

Game Play Control

There will be a FHM3 question. Just let me set it up. I have played OOTP on Mac and iPad for several years now. I like managing a game WAY more than general managing the money aspect, trades, etc. I used to play Pursue the Pennant board game and Diamond Mind Baseball and loved both because that is their focus. Dynasty League is not smart financially as a subscription; so that is why I choose OOTP. And DMB is PC only; so I live with the extraneous stuff in OOTP because it lets me manage in-game with a HUGE number of past seasons. Based on what I read about FHM3 it seems it's mostly general managing all the non-game stuff with little or no in-game control. Is this accurate? I really want to try FHM3, but only if I can coach in-game by choosing to pass or shoot, etc. (like Strat-o-matic has when I used to have a PC). Can someone help me understand what the in-game got FHM3 will be like? Thanks!

Gary

"Don't need no money to be rich anyhow, spending yourself is what it's all about." (Marillion)
ServantFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:58 PM   #69
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

You can´t choose to pass or shoot or otherwise make play decisions (FHM is not that kind of game). As a Coach you set your lines, you can change them during the game, you can alter the roles of the players, you can also change curtain high-level tactic settings of your chosen tactic and you can [but don´t have to] decide what line you want to play on Faceoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantFather View Post
There will be a FHM3 question. Just let me set it up. I have played OOTP on Mac and iPad for several years now. I like managing a game WAY more than general managing the money aspect, trades, etc. I used to play Pursue the Pennant board game and Diamond Mind Baseball and loved both because that is their focus. Dynasty League is not smart financially as a subscription; so that is why I choose OOTP. And DMB is PC only; so I live with the extraneous stuff in OOTP because it lets me manage in-game with a HUGE number of past seasons. Based on what I read about FHM3 it seems it's mostly general managing all the non-game stuff with little or no in-game control. Is this accurate? I really want to try FHM3, but only if I can coach in-game by choosing to pass or shoot, etc. (like Strat-o-matic has when I used to have a PC). Can someone help me understand what the in-game got FHM3 will be like? Thanks!

Gary
Old 10-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #70
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
you can [but don´t have to] decide what line you want to play on Faceoffs.
I like this
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:37 PM   #71
mathew93
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
It's normal. You should be good.
Is there an exact time that the game will unlock at?
mathew93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:43 PM   #72
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew93 View Post
Is there an exact time that the game will unlock at?
Yes. A few seconds after they press the magic button.

There is no time yet defined as to when they will press the magic button.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:00 PM   #73
agrimsley
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As things stand, does FHM3 support high DPI devices? Would like to try out the beta but I've not seen a definitive yes or no on this issue yet?
agrimsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:03 PM   #74
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrimsley View Post
As things stand, does FHM3 support high DPI devices? Would like to try out the beta but I've not seen a definitive yes or no on this issue yet?
Experimentally, yes.

Definitively, as part of the listed features, no.

I'm open to correction from Sebastian or Markus or Jeff, whomever knows more about this that I do.

Hope I'm not totally off base with this.

That being said, my knowledge is as follows:

Basically there are some high DPI supports built into the system and a tester or two reported they worked well, but they aren't an official feature at this point and we'd welcome feedback on whether they're actually working for most users or not.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:26 AM   #75
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
We will not officially support it but we enabled some support for it. It is important to understand how Windows handles High DPI. There is a windows setting for zoom, on my test machine it was set to 250%. I had to switch it to 200% because otherwise the resolution would be below the minimum requirement. But then it worked. I guess the best option for you is to test it out and in case you don´t get it working ask for a refund.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:31 AM   #76
agrimsley
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
We will not officially support it but we enabled some support for it. It is important to understand how Windows handles High DPI. There is a windows setting for zoom, on my test machine it was set to 250%. I had to switch it to 200% because otherwise the resolution would be below the minimum requirement. But then it worked. I guess the best option for you is to test it out and in case you don´t get it working ask for a refund.
Thanks. I have pre-ordered and will be doing just that.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:22 PM   #77
agrimsley
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I can happily report that on a Surface Pro 4 with default settings, FHM3 loads and fills the screen with readable text and full size buttons!
Old 10-17-2016, 12:24 PM   #78
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I can happily report that on a Surface Pro 4 with default settings, FHM3 loads and fills the screen with readable text and full size buttons!
Great news!

Old 10-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #79
Oyaji
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Do facegen files we've downloaded from these forums automatically load this year? It would appear not from the bit of fudging around I've tried so far. Not looking forward to manually loading hundreds of facegen files.
Oyaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #80
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
Do facegen files we've downloaded from these forums automatically load this year? It would appear not from the bit of fudging around I've tried so far. Not looking forward to manually loading hundreds of facegen files.
I don't believe custom facegens auto-load correctly as of now

Hopefully we can get that ironed out soon.