Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Aargh ! How do I get this to work ?

Thanks in advance for whomever has useful advice. I have found everyone here amazingly helpful and appreciate it.

What I want to do, and keep managing only for a season or so at a time, is to create a league with all historical players and no fictional ones, but with fictional team names.

Sometimes I try to create a league with players from different eras, so I might create a league in 1947 or 1969, and make it a regional league with fictional, local team names, which is what I really want.

I then delete some of the teams from that era while keeping others with players I want in the league, and then fill the rest of the league with other historical teams. Then I usually clear the rosters and have an inaugural draft.

Sometimes instead I create the historical league and then delete all the players, change the name and import the database of players, maybe from all eras, maybe of one era with all rookie seasons only etc.

The problems that keep coming up are two:

1) If it is a historical league, I usually either delete the rosters of that existing year and upload the database of players I want, or else I But after the first season, the team names change back to the MLB names. This I can live with, but it does take away some of the fun. Does this always happen after each season? Do I have to keep a record of the created team names and keep replacing them? It is not always easy to figure out which MLB team name has been attached to the former fictional one, I have to study each roster to figure out who was who the previous season.

2) Or if it is a fictional league, I empty all the players but if they don't empty into the free agent list you can't delete them, they seem to remain in the draft pool. Plus it is a problem getting the next season's draft pool to be historical players and not fictional ones.

But the latest new problem is that having created the league I really wanted, with teams respectively from 1904, 1948 and 1969 - 8 teams from each era, names because I made it a Great Lakes regional league and when I deleted the other 1969 teams and added new teams for the inaugural draft to take place it nicely created new regional ones. So far so good. Great first season (my team, the Toledo Scarecrows came in 5th but we are building...) and then a nice, multi-year MLB historical player draft pool, but it suddenly decided we were going to expand (something I did not want nor was 1970 an expansion year) and it now wants to add 16 normal MLB TEAMS to the league - why? I had deleted 16 and it wants the new ones to add up to a 24 team league, except I already have 24 teams. Total chaos. I dare not move one more day ahead, nor go on with the expansion draft which I don't want (I want the new rookie player draft instead with the 24 teams I already created, argh!)

Is there any way to cancel the expansion and expansion draft once this program gets it into its head that we are expanding? And is there some way to get the fictional league game to let me delete all the fictional players and have only historical ones? and to keep team names in a regional league as we advance season by season instead of reverting them back to the real world MLB team names?

Sorry, many questions but all stemming from the same problem - how to create a "Regional League" with make believe team names but with real life historical players from either one era or many, without everything going haywire.

Thanks.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote