Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
halos17
Minors (Single A)

Runs Scored - Arod/Garlon Database

Looking for some suggestions out there, or maybe someone already has a solution. I've got my 1901 league to sim accurately in all the statisical areas except for runs scored and stolen bases. I'm using Arod/Garlon's latest database.

I cannot for the life of me get the run scoring to increase and I consistently get about 75% of the actual 1901 totals. I thought that the 55% stolen base rate set in A/G database was causing the low run totals with the low SB success rate possibly wiping out many run-scoring chances. However, I increased the success rate thru the engine file and it did affect SB % but unfortunately this did not increase the runs scored.

Is there a way to tweak this to increase runs scored? Even getting the totals in the 90% range would be acceptable to me. Not a killer, but I'd still like to get it as close as possible.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Perhaps by adjusting fielding percentage (ie errors) via the engine file? I know I've done this in the past but I did not measure its effect on runs scored.
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
halos17
Minors (Single A)

Ahh, great idea. I didn't even think of that. I wonder if I can compare the sim errors to actual errors?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos17 View Post
I thought that the 55% stolen base rate set in A/G database was causing the low run totals with the low SB success rate possibly wiping out many run-scoring chances.
I don't understand this. Ratings are not set in a DB. The game imports players and bases ratings on criteria you set to base them on during import. ie: remainder of career, whole career.

Have you adjusted your league totals?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #5
halos17
Minors (Single A)

Hey Bruce,

Arod/Garlon added CS data from those years in which it was missing. Since data wasn't available they estimated it and it turns out that the rate was around 55%. So every player steals at about that rate.

I only mentioned that as a possible effect of my real problem, which is run-scoring. It is just not accurate.

I have the league totals adjusted to where I want them, but it is just not producing accurate run totals. I think that low error totals may be the culprit. I'm at work now and can't compare my sim to actual.

If I remember correctly, you do alot of historical simming. Have you ever run into this?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #6
halos17
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pepper View Post
Perhaps by adjusting fielding percentage (ie errors) via the engine file? I know I've done this in the past but I did not measure its effect on runs scored.
Feilding % was indeed the culprit. I adjusted the error frequency upward and I'm getting near perfect run scoring results now. Everything is just how I want it. Thanks for the suggestion Pepper!