Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
okyjoe2000
Bat Boy

Cool New to historical sims and need info

I searched this site for a few hours and just can't seem to find what I need. I've been playing OOTP Baseball since the 4 version and I wanted to play a historical sim for once. This is what I'm looking for:
1) Looking for a roster that I can import that has all or most of the MLB Hall of Fame. When I was a kid, I play a game called Tony LaRussa's which had all the Hall of Famers and a few other players. Each player had their best statistical year in the game and it was a cool sim for its time. If I could import something like this into OOTP, that would be great.
2) If a db doesn't exist to do what I'm asking in #1, how do I start a league with no players and manually add each player to the game. I can't seem to start a league without players and I don't see an option to add an individual player from a Lehmens db for example. A good example of this is I might want to add Bob Gibson's year where he had a 1.14 era.

Any advise would be very helpful and thanks ahead of time. Have a good new year everyone.
okyjoe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okyjoe2000 View Post
2) If a db doesn't exist to do what I'm asking in #1, how do I start a league with no players and manually add each player to the game. I can't seem to start a league without players and I don't see an option to add an individual player from a Lehmens db for example. A good example of this is I might want to add Bob Gibson's year where he had a 1.14 era.

Any advise would be very helpful and thanks ahead of time. Have a good new year everyone.
After you start a league (with players) use the reset/release all option (Game setup/League setup Other functions). All players will go to FA. You can then delete them from the FA pool. The option to import individual players from Lahman is also on the FA page.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
okyjoe2000
Bat Boy

Thanks allot

Thanks allot Bruce, I'll try that. I saw that I could delete the players individually put not all at once. I'll look again to see if I can delete all at once. Do you know of a DB that holds all the Hall of Famers so I can import them into the game?

Thanks again for the quick response.
okyjoe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okyjoe2000 View Post
Thanks allot Bruce, I'll try that. I saw that I could delete the players individually put not all at once. I'll look again to see if I can delete all at once. Do you know of a DB that holds all the Hall of Famers so I can import them into the game?

Thanks again for the quick response.

I am not sure if there is one but i thought someone had a roster file of each teams greatest players. Were you looking for one based on the orginal lahman database. Are you just looking to play one season with just hall of fame players? If so i dont know how many teams you could make with just hofers.
I was just asking because if you want to play a career league then you will need to keep in mind that if you have all the hofers at one time then in other years you may have some very different stats since the competition wont have Ruth or Mantle to go up against during that time frame.
Or were you looking for more accurate stats? If so Garlon/arod career database is pretty good. i think they have a random debut database too. Of course you can always edit either database to have Hank Aaron come in to the league in 2000 if you want. It might take a little time but i dont think it would take too long to create a database of just hall of famers. Might be easier to just import them and save the league file so you dont have to do it again.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote