Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-20-2020, 10:07 AM   #101
Johnny93g
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We are a small team and right now, of course, or full attention is on OOTP 21. So it's no wonder it has taken some time for the dev team to look into it. But, all good now, problem is isolated, fixed, and a patch is coming ASAP
I've heard "we are a small team" so often from you whenever there's an issue, it's become a crutch, an excuse, a defense. Lot's of companies have small teams that don't use that as a reason they made a mistake.

Mistakes happen. I'm glad you have fixed this one, but having a small team can be true and also not an excuse for EVERYTHING!!!
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:11 AM   #102
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
I've heard "we are a small team" so often from you whenever there's an issue, it's become a crutch, an excuse, a defense. Lot's of companies have small teams that don't use that as a reason they made a mistake.

Mistakes happen. I'm glad you have fixed this one, but having a small team can be true and also not an excuse for EVERYTHING!!!
Huh?

It was a bug. One that apparently was around for almost 2 years and nobody noticed. Now it was noticed, and we fixed it as soon as we could. If we had more developers, we would have been able to fix it sooner. It's pure logic. Remember, we are knee-deep in OOTP 21 development at the moment.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 01-20-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #103
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK guys here you go:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=309670

Case closed

A note for online league commishes, this version is incompatible with previous ones (by design) so everybody needs to upgrade to this version. Also, please make sure you run the full re-scout function prior to releasing a new league file the first time after applying the update.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 01-20-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:25 AM   #104
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanks all for your work in helping to track this down. Sorry for the problems.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:29 AM   #105
AaD88
Major Leagues

Thank you

Matt and Markus,

From me and my league, thank you for your attention to this. We are spoiled by a fantastic game you have developed. I know OOTP won't be around forever (but I hope it is) and your work on this project is appreciated. For such a complex and sophisticated game, it is unrealistic for us to expect it to be perfect right away.

THANK YOU!
AaD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:31 PM   #106
byzeil
All Star Starter

Thank you for fixing an issue BUT a little warning on the patch would have been nice since now everyone in online leagues need to pause and make sure everyone in their leagues are on the same version. What with Steam auto patching this becomes a bit of a job.

Again, I appreciate that the issue has been fixed especially so late in the cycle but a little thought to its rollout would have been appreciated.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:48 PM   #107
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Clarification: the patch update says that it fixes "inaccurate" OSA scouting reports. Isn't the issue that OSA was too accurate?

Hope it's all working as intended now, thanks for the quick update.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #108
koohead
Hall Of Famer

I guess the question I have now is what is the intended way that OSA should function? is it assumed that it is "normal" in terms of accuracy?
Old 01-20-2020, 02:00 PM   #109
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
We're looking into it

Edit: Got it. A patch will be released ASAP. Thanks for your patience.

that was incredibly quick. thank you.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:01 PM   #110
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaD88 View Post
Matt and Markus,

From me and my league, thank you for your attention to this. We are spoiled by a fantastic game you have developed. I know OOTP won't be around forever (but I hope it is) and your work on this project is appreciated. For such a complex and sophisticated game, it is unrealistic for us to expect it to be perfect right away.

THANK YOU!

incredibly spoiled, well said.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:24 PM   #111
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Jesus Christ man.....
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:26 PM   #112
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
incredibly spoiled, well said.
Extremely well said. The sad state of our society.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:27 PM   #113
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Clarification: the patch update says that it fixes "inaccurate" OSA scouting reports. Isn't the issue that OSA was too accurate?

Hope it's all working as intended now, thanks for the quick update.
Well, inaccurate = not working as intended in this case. So yes, it's back to working the way it was meant to.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:28 PM   #114
thklein
Major Leagues

Thank you! You guys are the best. I just decided I'm ordering OOTP 21 as soon as it's released.
thklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:37 PM   #115
DrRicherdKimble
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Thank you for fixing an issue BUT a little warning on the patch would have been nice since now everyone in online leagues need to pause and make sure everyone in their leagues are on the same version. What with Steam auto patching this becomes a bit of a job.

Again, I appreciate that the issue has been fixed especially so late in the cycle but a little thought to its rollout would have been appreciated.
Nah dog, ASAP rollout was ideal. If a few of your members have a bad export oh well.
DrRicherdKimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:42 PM   #116
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRicherdKimble View Post
Nah dog, ASAP rollout was ideal. If a few of your members have a bad export oh well.

ASAP is fine but with any rollout that changes something major a little warning should be given.

If it has just gotten broken sure but It has been broken for 2 versions so another day or 12 hours isn't going to kill anyone dog.

Last edited by byzeil; 01-20-2020 at 03:45 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:43 PM   #117
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK guys here you go:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=309670

Case closed

A note for online league commishes, this version is incompatible with previous ones (by design) so everybody needs to upgrade to this version. Also, please make sure you run the full re-scout function prior to releasing a new league file the first time after applying the update.
Do leagues that don't use scouts and use ONLY OSA need to 're scout'?

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 01-20-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:46 PM   #118
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
Do leagues that don't use scouts and use ONLY OSA need to 're scout'?
It's best for anyone to run a full re-scout. It may not be necessary depending exactly on the options you have selected, but it's safer to force the rescouting.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:53 PM   #119
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

imagine being this guy
Old 01-20-2020, 04:15 PM   #120
DocHalladay
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannibalcorpse View Post
imagine being this guy
No thanks. I just can’t imagine being this guy, in his world, for all to see. My imagination is simply not this obtuse.
DocHalladay is offline   Reply With Quote