Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 05:32 PM   #21
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I open the game, no comment on post. I subscribe to e-mail notifications, no notification on the post. I am on Discord and tapatalk, nothing! Now you are telling me I voted on something when I did not have a chance to voice on? I can't even get a straight answer on the affects of playing a SS out of position at 2b? A SS that was trained at 100 at 2b, but I am not sure he can play 2b in a tournament? Here the poll results, we did not fully try to ask everyone even though we think we did and don't ask questions because we will not answer you!!!!
Was posted on the forums here (was even pinned until the survey was done) - https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=308245

It was posted in the Tournaments portion of the Discord, and pinned to that channel AND we pinged everyone.

If you missed it, thats unfortunate, but please, don't try to paint the narrative that you didn't have a chance.

As far as your SS/2B question goes, a player with high residual ratings (range, error, arm) should be able to handle a switch like that relatively well. As dkgo suggested, the best way to gather results is to experiment and do it. If he trained up to 100 in regular play, that would indicate he shows an aptitude to play the position

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/

Last edited by Kris Jardine; 11-17-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #22
daves
Hall Of Famer

Official Tournaments launch tomorrow, November 18!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
Was posted on the forums here (was even pinned until the survey was done) - https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=308245

It was posted in the Tournaments portion of the Discord, and pinned to that channel AND we pinged everyone.

If you missed it, thats unfortunate, but please, don't try to paint the narrative that you didn't have a chance.

As far as your SS/2B question goes, a player with high residual ratings (range, error, arm) should be able to handle a switch like that relatively well. As dkgo suggested, the best way to gather results is to experiment and do it. If he trained up to 100 in regular play, that would indicate he shows an aptitude to play the position

Never saw it! Please don’t tell me I had a choice and was notified! It is what it is but don’t tell me I knew? If you care about thoughts then communicate better! Don't rub bad poll results in my face and tell me I received notifications. I am only told that you add new cards when I log in.

And don't waste important decisions on half hearted polls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by daves; 11-17-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #23
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
**** dude it isnt that complicated. Play your ss at 2b and see what happens, no one is here to hold your hand. Its the same as playing a ss with no 2b training at 2b in any other part of the game.

But to what affect?

Old 11-17-2019, 05:59 PM   #24
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But to what affect?

I had OK results playing Ripken at 2B, then I went and bought Jackie Robinson and my results improved dramatically. So, get yourself a 2B before they go up in price. Lots of teams are probably using 3-4 shortstops in their infields.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:38 PM   #25
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I had OK results playing Ripken at 2B, then I went and bought Jackie Robinson and my results improved dramatically. So, get yourself a 2B before they go up in price. Lots of teams are probably using 3-4 shortstops in their infields.
The 100 Jackie Robinson is WAY underpriced right now.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:48 PM   #26
neugey
All Star Reserve

Good to see, looking forward to the fixes coming tomorrow. Hopefully it includes some minor UI improvements ... it can be a real bear to try to find your recently eliminated teams after they lose out to look at the results.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
Old 11-17-2019, 08:08 PM   #27
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks. I appreciate the explanation.

Very disappointed in this result, but HEY they had a poll! And a half hearted poll to screw up tournament mode (that I kept wanting) is apparently how things work! Now I have to mess with my team because apparently that adds strategy.

Old 11-17-2019, 08:14 PM   #28
Mammoth_Mayhem
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Thanks. I appreciate the explanation.

Very disappointed in this result, but HEY they had a poll! And a half hearted poll to screw up tournament mode (that I kept wanting) is apparently how things work! Now I have to mess with my team because apparently that adds strategy.
If it makes you feel better, your one extra vote (while obviously still important), would not have changed the ultimate result ¯\_()_/¯
Old 11-17-2019, 08:19 PM   #29
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post

Please, next time you have an announcement about a poll about relevant issues do it here where I am consistently told about new content but not the poll that now is incorrectly handled.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #30
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth_Mayhem View Post
If it makes you feel better, your one extra vote (while obviously still important), would not have changed the ultimate result ¯\_()_/¯
Yeah, I am wondering how many robots had votes?

Also, don't like being told that I knew and voted about something I did not know about.

Old 11-17-2019, 08:45 PM   #31
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Yeah, I am wondering how many robots had votes?

Also, don't like being told that I knew and voted about something I did not know about.
Thanks for your feedback.

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Old 11-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #32
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth_Mayhem View Post
It's not really clear if everyone had just one vote. That poll is used for POTM where you can vote multiple times for your choice. Forum votes seem more honest. Anyone can create a pie graph and say this was the result.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:40 AM   #33
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
Nobody ever addressed my bug where I wasn't awarded the 1st place prize, posted 3 times about it and sent an email...disappointing.
We fixed this. But, we did not give out rewards missed due to bugs afterwards, it was a beta after all and problems were to be expected. So I am sorry that you "suffered" from this bug, but there is nothing we can do.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:42 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
It's not really clear if everyone had just one vote. That poll is used for POTM where you can vote multiple times for your choice. Forum votes seem more honest. Anyone can create a pie graph and say this was the result.
So what are you implying? ... We made a poll available for over 24 hours, announced it, waited, and this was the result, end of story.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:44 AM   #35
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Please, next time you have an announcement about a poll about relevant issues do it here where I am consistently told about new content but not the poll that now is incorrectly handled.
Nothing was incorrectly handled. I am sorry you missed it, but we announced it on several channels including a sticky post here in the forums, which you seem to visit quite frequently

Can we please get back on topic now?
Old 11-18-2019, 05:21 AM   #36
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Update: We will now set the required version to 20.8.72 and start updating the servers. You will not be able to log into PT while we do this. We will then launch the required OOTP 20 patch!
Old 11-18-2019, 05:55 AM   #37
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Another update: We have decided to delete all beta tournaments now, so if you signed up for a weekly / monthly, you'll need to do it again once we make the new tournaments list available today.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-18-2019 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:59 AM   #38
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We fixed this. But, we did not give out rewards missed due to bugs afterwards, it was a beta after all and problems were to be expected. So I am sorry that you "suffered" from this bug, but there is nothing we can do.
The disappointment wasn't the points I didn't get, it was that I posted a bug that nobody even acknowledged. Why ask for bugs, I was trying to help out a game I really enjoy,.

Last edited by sharknut; 11-18-2019 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:15 AM   #39
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

Chicken Sacrifice

LOL A live chicken. The baseball gods do not require a live chicken sacrifice unless you are playing the San Diego Padres
Attached Images
Old 11-18-2019, 06:22 AM   #40
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
The disappointment wasn't the points I didn't get, it was that I posted a bug that nobody even acknowledged. Why ask for bugs, I was trying to help out a game I really enjoy,.
If we didn't acknowledge this bug specifically then chances are high we had already fixed it Thanks for your help!
Closed Thread