Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-25-2016, 09:33 AM   #161
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian palkowski View Post
national teams, international tournaments, world rankings (works all hand in hand of course), much more news (like milestones, streaks, great performances and so on), complete new injury system with context based injuries and different body parts, central scouting agency, complete new tactics system, complete new player role system, re-worked game rating with 3 values now (offense, defense, overall), more stats, achievements, steam works, better scaled stars (using the complete scale from 0.5-5.0), new gm/coach score system, new reputation system (based on individual leagues and worldwide now) and many tweaks, fixes and small stuff.

I also rework the in-game presentation a bit at the moment. Once i finished it i will give a few more details here as well (no 2d3d ).
central scouting!!!
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:52 AM   #162
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Achievements are part of both versions (the Steam version just submits them to Steam as well) and you can use all mods with the normal version as well (like logo packs), you just need to copy the files per hand. So there is no real difference (maybe rankings, not sure at this point if they might be steam only). So it comes down to your personal preference. If you use Steam for your other games, I would buy a Steam key, if you don´t use Steam, just go with the eSellerate version.
Thanks.....likely will lean towards Steam then since I already use that and one less form of managing keys for games
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:55 AM   #163
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mso94 View Post

1. Where is this mysterious poll that shows who plays what. I keep hearing that nobody plays fantasy. Yet I keep seeing fantasy guys asking questions.I have never played a "Real League" game and dont ever plan on it.
I don't remember seeing the poll, either. I would have fallen into the plays fictional/online category.

A similar poll was done for OOTP and it turned out the same. Most players do exactly as they describe. They also don't come back to the forums or search for the perfect mods. They get the game and play it as is.

I'm in the disappointed and waiting to buy again group, but I can't argue with the logic.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:03 PM   #164
sprague
All Star Starter

Will penalties and types of penalties now be handled realistically in FHM3?
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:10 PM   #165
croatian
All Star Starter

is it possible to retire jersey of your star/franchise players ?
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:46 PM   #166
Rafusedj
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just wanted to chime in and show my support for the entire FHM team (no matter how big or small). I am not an online player at all so lack of an online league means nothing to me (however I respect those that are affected). That said I am an entirely offline player who likes to take over the Montreal Canadiens and play with real players with authentic NHL rules. For me having the NHL license is huge especially considering how much I hate playing around with the mods! I dabbled with both FHM and FHM 2 but think that this could be the year that I really dive into the game considering I am curious to see how the path to glory mode caters to the way I play the game? I know there has been some negativity regarding different aspects of the game but just wanted to give a positive post along with my pre order money!
Rafusedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #167
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What the person is asking if we can expand more then 2 Teams? League Evolution,Edit League Structure,Import a Historical team in to a League make it,Trading with other Leagues,Changing League Rules when ever we want to,World Templates? A Mode with no Limit?
Old 09-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #168
Bookker92
Bat Boy

Just a question in mind :

For the "French League" there is a new format starting from this year with 12 teams. (44 games for regular season, 8 teams making the PO, 4 bottom teams battling to avoid the last position which means relegation)

It will be present in FHM3 ?
Bookker92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:21 PM   #169
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
It is not possible to save your game during a match. That is something we have on our list but it is not that easy to implement. Maybe we get a change for one of the updates after release.
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
bradko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:52 PM   #170
Anton
Minors (Double A)

I know you've mentioned that the exact NHL expansion won't be replicated at this point, but I'm curious if the expansion option will be more flexible this time. I loved the feature and just having it is enough to bring me back for a pre-order, but it can be a bit clunky at times (Atlantic division in the AHL gets most of the teams, lack of protected list options, amount of teams, ect).
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 05:49 PM   #171
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafusedj View Post
I just wanted to chime in and show my support for the entire FHM team (no matter how big or small). I am not an online player at all so lack of an online league means nothing to me (however I respect those that are affected). That said I am an entirely offline player who likes to take over the Montreal Canadiens and play with real players with authentic NHL rules. For me having the NHL license is huge especially considering how much I hate playing around with the mods! I dabbled with both FHM and FHM 2 but think that this could be the year that I really dive into the game considering I am curious to see how the path to glory mode caters to the way I play the game? I know there has been some negativity regarding different aspects of the game but just wanted to give a positive post along with my pre order money!
Old 09-25-2016, 06:43 PM   #172
jpsyr
Bat Boy

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Will penalties and types of penalties now be handled realistically in FHM3?
Also, will there be suspensions for violent behavior?
and is it possible to change a players template when creating a new player?

Thanks
jpsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #173
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafusedj View Post
Regarding the question about Road to Glory, essentially how it works is you can pick any team you want (or start unemployed, like normal) and it plays like normal, except you can't enter commissioner mode, meaning you can't edit things like changing the league rules, changing info on players, etc. So if you don't mess around with changing a lot of things anyway, you'll have no problem with it, but your career as a GM lasts a certain period of time and you get graded for it, and once you retire or finish, you can continue the game in sandbox mode or make a new GM.

But there will also be a sandbox mode still which is just like the old system from FHM 1 and 2, with the commissioner mode and everything, so you aren't losing anything, only gaining a different mode of play. It's a really nice balance.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:04 PM   #174
Rafusedj
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the clarification on path to glory! As a player who isn't much into editing players or league structure I am excited to give this a shot!
Rafusedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:12 PM   #175
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Path to Glory = play a career (gain experience, improve your skills, get more famous, retire, maybe enter the HOF). Do the day to day work of a GM/Coach (still possible to play GM Only if you wish), see what happens around you, see what your team does, enjoy the up´s and down´s of a hockey manager.

User who will like it: the ones that enjoy the day to day work, people who want to see the season evolve (not only your league but also all the tournaments, maybe other leagues of interest as well), streaks going on and end, milestones reached, great performances, player going down with an injury, etc.
User who will not like it: speed-junkies and edit fans.

Sandbox-Mode = experiment around with different scenarios. You want to sim a historical league from the beginning to the end and then look at the history? This is your mode. You want to see what the NHL season might look when Crosby plays for another team? Test it out. You want to sim quickly and let the AI handle everything. Do it. You want to start different fictional scenarios, maybe do a expansion? Play day by day or sim month by month? In this mode it is possible.

Our main focus was and will be on the first mode. That is the one we will continue to flash out going forward (many additions of course show up in Sandbox mode as well). Please see the Sandbox mode as a bonus to the normal game which allows you to play around with different scenarios. It is more basic then OOTP but IMO still a cool thing to play different what-if scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
Regarding the question about Road to Glory, essentially how it works is you can pick any team you want (or start unemployed, like normal) and it plays like normal, except you can't enter commissioner mode, meaning you can't edit things like changing the league rules, changing info on players, etc. So if you don't mess around with changing a lot of things anyway, you'll have no problem with it, but your career as a GM lasts a certain period of time and you get graded for it, and once you retire or finish, you can continue the game in sandbox mode or make a new GM.

But there will also be a sandbox mode still which is just like the old system from FHM 1 and 2, with the commissioner mode and everything, so you aren't losing anything, only gaining a different mode of play. It's a really nice balance.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #176
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Path to Glory = play a career (gain experience, improve your skills, get more famous, retire, maybe enter the HOF). Do the day to day work of a GM/Coach (still possible to play GM Only if you wish), see what happens around you, see what your team does, enjoy the up´s and down´s of a hockey manager.

User who will like it: the ones that enjoy the day to day work, people who want to see the season evolve (not only your league but also all the tournaments, maybe other leagues of interest as well), streaks going on and end, milestones reached, great performances, player going down with an injury, etc.
User who will not like it: speed-junkies and edit fans.

Sandbox-Mode = experiment around with different scenarios. You want to sim a historical league from the beginning to the end and then look at the history? This is your mode. You want to see what the NHL season might look when Crosby plays for another team? Test it out. You want to sim quickly and let the AI handle everything. Do it. You want to start different fictional scenarios, maybe do a expansion? Play day by day or sim month by month? In this mode it is possible.

Our main focus was and will be on the first mode. That is the one we will continue to flash out going forward (many additions of course show up in Sandbox mode as well). Please see the Sandbox mode as a bonus to the normal game which allows you to play around with different scenarios. It is more basic then OOTP but IMO still a cool thing to play different what-if scenarios.

Does this mean that we won't see streaks going on and end, milestones and great performances in Sandbox Mode?
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:49 PM   #177
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermojo View Post
Does this mean that we won't see streaks going on and end, milestones and great performances in Sandbox Mode?
They are tracked there as well.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:31 PM   #178
benspit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
In career mode there is a limit to your seasons. But with no speed sim options and playing the day to day operations, the limit should be more then enough. You also can continue in your game world with a new GM/Coach.
There's a limit!? What is it? This doesn't sound like a good thing....?

EDIT - Disregard, Sebastian - I've just seen replies to other posts. Ack the limit on the new mode - I suspect it'll be the (existing) sandbox mode for me then!

Last edited by benspit; 09-25-2016 at 08:38 PM.
benspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #179
benspit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyHippie View Post
This is funny and cute, not to mention a bit disingenuous, but whatever...

So...I ask the single-player guys this: what have you all done to grow the FHM franchise? Have you forwarded the announcement email to your hockey-loving friends? Have you posted the announcement release on whatever online social networks you frequent? Have you raved about the new release? Have you promoted the game on as many hockey-specific websites and forums as possible?

Because I know the guys in our online league have. They've been on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, Operation Sports, Hockey'sFutures, etc., trying to promote the product and generate interest, both last year as a GM recruitment tool for FHM2 (despite it's admitted online issues) and more recently as a way to try to help generate sales for FHM3.
Christ, get off your high-horse mate....
benspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #180
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benspit View Post
There's a limit!? What is it? This doesn't sound like a good thing....?
There's a limit to the number of seasons you can be that particular coaching persona, which is fair enough in my eyes - even guys like Jim Rutherford and Lou Lamoriello will have to retire at some point.

After that you can continue in the same gameworld you've simmed in, just with a 'new' coach.

Last edited by brent_dog; 09-25-2016 at 08:38 PM.
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote