Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2016, 12:23 AM   #1321
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephyw View Post
@Adam: This question is related to...
Ah. Thanks.

As far as I know then, that is not possible (or at least in my experience, it seems not). Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong however.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:23 AM   #1322
Orphans_Cubs
Bat Boy

Pull Goalie Manually

How do I manually pull my goalie for an extra attacker? If I am down 1 goal with say, 2 minutes to go, and I change the settings in my tactics screen to fast or very fast, how am I assured that the EA is on the ice?
Orphans_Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:38 AM   #1323
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphans_Cubs View Post
How do I manually pull my goalie for an extra attacker? If I am down 1 goal with say, 2 minutes to go, and I change the settings in my tactics screen to fast or very fast, how am I assured that the EA is on the ice?
Again, as far as I know there is no way to Manually pull your goalie. The tactics screen allows you decide how fast and is fairly smart about pulling your goalie when the momentum and puck is travelling towards the other teams end.

If you want to monitor this the easiest way is to immediately look at the displayed Lineups below. The extra attacker takes the slot of the goalie. So if (for instance) Johnathan Quick's name has disappeared and Anze Kopitar's name now appears in that slot, your extra skater is on.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:51 AM   #1324
Orphans_Cubs
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Again, as far as I know there is no way to Manually pull your goalie. The tactics screen allows you decide how fast and is fairly smart about pulling your goalie when the momentum and puck is travelling towards the other teams end.

If you want to monitor this the easiest way is to immediately look at the displayed Lineups below. The extra attacker takes the slot of the goalie. So if (for instance) Johnathan Quick's name has disappeared and Anze Kopitar's name now appears in that slot, your extra skater is on.
Thank you. In the most recent game I saw where this occurs. You've been a big help tonight. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-16-2016, 02:44 AM   #1325
Orphans_Cubs
Bat Boy

Training

What do the parenthetical numbers next to ticked training boxes mean?
Old 02-16-2016, 09:28 AM   #1326
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphans_Cubs View Post
What do the parenthetical numbers next to ticked training boxes mean?
Based on your coaching staff, you have only a fixed amount of points to allot to training your players in each category each month (which results in attribute increases after a certain amount points are reached). As you offer training to more and more players, the amount of points you have to give each one decreases. The parenthetical number represents the amount of training points you are distributing among the players you've selected.
josephyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:08 AM   #1327
_dh
Bat Boy

I don't own the game, is it possible for a fictional league to use the win/loss scoring system of european leagues, or are we stuck with the 2pt win, 1pt overtime loss of the NHL?
_dh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:53 AM   #1328
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Is it possible to edit a player to include him in the draft class for a particular year? If so, how is this done?
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #1329
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_dog View Post
Is it possible to edit a player to include him in the draft class for a particular year? If so, how is this done?
Yes - just use the Create Player button in the Team + League Controls >> League >> Edit screen (commissioner mode needs to be turned on) and add a player with the desired age. It's best to do this no later than the season prior to his draft year, so teams have a chance to scout him. And after he's generated, check his birthdate - if it's later than September 15, you may want to edit it so it's earlier, otherwise he won't be eligible until a year later than you intended (that's the cutoff day for NHL draft eligibility.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:24 AM   #1330
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dh View Post
I don't own the game, is it possible for a fictional league to use the win/loss scoring system of european leagues, or are we stuck with the 2pt win, 1pt overtime loss of the NHL?
Yes, that's editable. Points for a win, tie, OT win/loss, and shootout win/loss can be adjusted from 0-3 (1-3 for wins.)
Old 02-21-2016, 07:51 AM   #1331
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yes, that's editable. Points for a win, tie, OT win/loss, and shootout win/loss can be adjusted from 0-3 (1-3 for wins.)
Very fringe request, but would it be possible in a future update to allow fractions? I've been wanting to go to a 2pts regulation win, 1.5 OT win, 1 tie, .5 OT loss system for a fictional league.
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:57 AM   #1332
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
Very fringe request, but would it be possible in a future update to allow fractions? I've been wanting to go to a 2pts regulation win, 1.5 OT win, 1 tie, .5 OT loss system for a fictional league.
Fractions may mess up the column formatting, but I'll see if we can expand the allowable ranges for points, so you could do e.g. 4/3/2/1, which is mathematically the same as the above.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:22 PM   #1333
MWE
Bat Boy

At the moment I am Zagreb in the KHL how do I sign players from my U20 team? Or do I have to wait until they appear in the draft list i've done two seasons and not one Croatian player was in the draft.
MWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #1334
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWE View Post
At the moment I am Zagreb in the KHL how do I sign players from my U20 team? Or do I have to wait until they appear in the draft list i've done two seasons and not one Croatian player was in the draft.
It looks like there's a problem with the KHL draft settings that's excluding them (and other non-Russian/Belarusian players) from the draft. Since they're not draft-eligible, they're not getting marked as eligible to be signed in the KHL, so you can't sign them. That'll get fixed in the next update, but for now you can work around it by editing (in commissioner mode) the player you want to sign - find the KHL line under League Rights and change it from "None" to "Free", and you'll be able to sign him normally.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:13 PM   #1335
MWE
Bat Boy

thanks for that
MWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #1336
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

How do I edit a player's happiness to make them not angry anymore? Three seasons later, I still have players who are mad because I sent them to the AHL when they were 19 year-old 2.5* players. Changing the "happiness" number doesn't seem to do anything.

Edit: I found a slight workaround by sending the players back up and then editing the player back down to the AHL (instead of sending them down via the context menu), but is there an easier way?

Last edited by josephyw; 02-24-2016 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:18 PM   #1337
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephyw View Post
How do I edit a player's happiness to make them not angry anymore? Three seasons later, I still have players who are mad because I sent them to the AHL when they were 19 year-old 2.5* players. Changing the "happiness" number doesn't seem to do anything.

Edit: I found a slight workaround by sending the players back up and then editing the player back down to the AHL (instead of sending them down via the context menu), but is there an easier way?
It's currently just the way how the game is built. There is no immediate fix that I am aware of and it's more something that we are hoping to address in FHM3.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:32 PM   #1338
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
It's currently just the way how the game is built. There is no immediate fix that I am aware of and it's more something that we are hoping to address in FHM3.
Actually, happiness is editable in commissioner mode - the happiness number (out of 100, higher is better) is in the "Personal Details" section.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:39 PM   #1339
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Actually, happiness is editable in commissioner mode - the happiness number (out of 100, higher is better) is in the "Personal Details" section.
Thanks for the reply, Jeff. I have to say, though, that while I did notice that the higher the number the higher the happiness (55 seems default, and 80 seems quite happy), I have never noticed a change in a player's happiness upon changing that number. For me, that stat is reflective but not influential.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:28 AM   #1340
Stormsky
Bat Boy

Just starting out playing the game in historical mode. Few quick questions.

1. Will teams change names/relocate at appropriate times? This also means I would need to add new jerseys at that time, right?

2. Is there a reason not to hire as many assistant coaches/scouts as possible given the budget? AI teams seem to stick with 1 assistant and 4 coaches.

3. The salary cap is set to 70mil (the 2013-14 value I think) while most teams budgets are around 20mil (this is 2005-2006). Does the cap change or does it stay static? And do player salary expectations go up over time or not?

4. I am not really understanding the training part of the game right now. Is there harm in letting the AI handle it for now? Or is there a good explanation of it around somewhere?

5. I understand that the 16/17 year olds get created and dumped into free agency to be drafted a year later. When scouting them should I set the scout to NHL or free agents or just check the draft box?

Thanks for the answers, so far the game is awesome.
Stormsky is offline   Reply With Quote