Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #681
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman5550 View Post
He means sorting it by player. The column before 'last 5' frequently doesn't sort correctly in many of the screens.
Hmm, we fixed it in a couple of places in an earlier update, but it looks like the sort on the stats summary view is still slightly off when you're looking at the league leaders, we'll get that fixed. If anybody sees it in other places as well, let me know.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #682
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman5550 View Post
So I'm in the playoffs right now. A game goes long (the goalies had 110+ minutes of ice time). The penalties are in the wrong order (or in the right order, because they happened in different overtimes). All 3 overtimes show under "OT 1".
Looks like the scoring is affected, too - that winning goal must have been scored in a period later than the first OT. I'll see if we can break them up period-by-period.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:55 AM   #683
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Hmm, we fixed it in a couple of places in an earlier update, but it looks like the sort on the stats summary view is still slightly off when you're looking at the league leaders, we'll get that fixed. If anybody sees it in other places as well, let me know.
Yeah it was in the league player stats section i was talking about. In my older games there's no issue but the newer games it doesn't sort in order. So i'm guessing it's been since the last patch.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:28 PM   #684
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Since the update I can't open the game. Everytime I try it says the app is already running. I try shutting down Steam but it can't close because the game is apparently open. Restarting the computer does nothing. Is anyone else having this issue?
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #685
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by #4BobbyOrr View Post
Since the update I can't open the game. Everytime I try it says the app is already running. I try shutting down Steam but it can't close because the game is apparently open. Restarting the computer does nothing. Is anyone else having this issue?
I saw someone else had this issue:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3953339

They didn't report how they solved it.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:35 AM   #686
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
It may be that the settings.dat file is corrupt - if you go to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2\config and delete the settings.dat file, then restart the game, that should create a new, valid file.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #687
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
It may be that the settings.dat file is corrupt - if you go to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2\config and delete the settings.dat file, then restart the game, that should create a new, valid file.
Thanks, I have tried this and restarted my computer but am still having the exact same issue. The file no longer exists in the FHM2>config folder either.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:51 PM   #688
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Thanks, I have tried this and restarted my computer but am still having the exact same issue. The file no longer exists in the FHM2>config folder either.
So it's still saying FHM2 is already running the first time you try to start it, even after restarting the computer? Do you get any message from the Steam client when you try to start it?
Old 11-25-2015, 04:22 PM   #689
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
So it's still saying FHM2 is already running the first time you try to start it, even after restarting the computer? Do you get any message from the Steam client when you try to start it?
The first time I restarted it didn't say it was running when I opened steam but when I opened it it wouldn't load and steam then said it was running. I restarted again and when I opened stream it said it was running and when I tried to launch it anyway it said the app was already running. Trying to shut down steam encounters a message saying FHM2 is still running and it won't let me shut steam down. I've managed to get it and the save I was playing up and running on an old laptop for the meantime, I'm guessing it's some kind of windows 8 issue.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:49 PM   #690
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
The first time I restarted it didn't say it was running when I opened steam but when I opened it it wouldn't load and steam then said it was running. I restarted again and when I opened stream it said it was running and when I tried to launch it anyway it said the app was already running. Trying to shut down steam encounters a message saying FHM2 is still running and it won't let me shut steam down. I've managed to get it and the save I was playing up and running on an old laptop for the meantime, I'm guessing it's some kind of windows 8 issue.
There's another report of something similar happening to someone using Windows 10, so I don't think that's it. It's only the two of you so far, though, and I haven't seen something like this happen before, so we're going to have to do a little more investigating into what's causing this. I'll let the guys know this is going on, they may be in touch with more questions.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:37 PM   #691
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
There's another report of something similar happening to someone using Windows 10, so I don't think that's it. It's only the two of you so far, though, and I haven't seen something like this happen before, so we're going to have to do a little more investigating into what's causing this. I'll let the guys know this is going on, they may be in touch with more questions.
Ok no problem, thanks for the replies.

I also tried uninstalling the game but steam won't let me uninstall the game because it's apparently still running.

Last edited by #4BobbyOrr; 11-25-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:51 PM   #692
ranchlands
Bat Boy

Quote:
I am also having this error. i use windows 10. the game does not load giving me a steam error to to try deleteing app cache file. after i get the fhm is still running error. have tryed re installing both fhm and steam but no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated as I love this game and and jonesin to play lol.
ranchlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:05 PM   #693
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlands View Post
I am also having this error. i use windows 10. the game does not load giving me a steam error to to try deleteing app cache file. after i get the fhm is still running error. have tryed re installing both fhm and steam but no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated as I love this game and and jonesin to play lol.
Here is the Steam knowledge base article on the topic. I don't know how useful this is.

Steam Support KB - Failed to start game (app already running)
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:34 PM   #694
JeffR
FHM Producer

Just a guess on my part before the guys get in tomorrow morning and check it out: do any of you having this problem have the beta opt-in box checked for FHM2? We were experimenting with Steam's beta feature during testing of the last update (still as a passworded private beta, not public yet), so I'm wondering if something went haywire there.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:25 AM   #695
ranchlands
Bat Boy

after reinstalling fhm again it is working with no problems. thx for replys not sure what issue was lost saved games but worse things have happened.
ranchlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:52 AM   #696
djskek
Minors (Single A)

1. July

Rules Edit-- >Roster rules-->players dressed

Function is not working. I can change the number, but the new number is not saved. It always jumps back to 20 . (e.g. DEL)
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #697
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Just downloaded the latest update. When scrolling down to check a game report of a game thats been played, the top part that shows the game stats, 3 stars, game venue etc stays in the background of the player stats and game stats. Once that starts the game crashes every time.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:57 AM   #698
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post
1. July

Rules Edit-- >Roster rules-->players dressed

Function is not working. I can change the number, but the new number is not saved. It always jumps back to 20 . (e.g. DEL)
Hmm, that actually shouldn't be there in that form, there really needs to be two separate numbers, one for goalies and one for skaters. That might be the reason for the bug. Regardless, I'll get a bug report in on it, needs to be fixed one way or another.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:03 AM   #699
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel230 View Post
Just downloaded the latest update. When scrolling down to check a game report of a game thats been played, the top part that shows the game stats, 3 stars, game venue etc stays in the background of the player stats and game stats. Once that starts the game crashes every time.
Is it happening every time you check a game report, or just intermittently? I've noticed it occasionally (albeit without the crash), but it's not occurring in any predictable way so far, so it's been difficult to pin down.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:30 AM   #700
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

Seems after latest patch extension money being taken from free agent funds.
Justmeingardner is offline   Reply With Quote