Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-29-2015, 11:40 PM   #61
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

Wow I am so impressed with this version!
Congrats to the development team.
I was very disappointed with version 1 and this one has exceeded my expectations!
Looking forward to more customization options in the future, but this is an EXCELLENT start.
MooK881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:47 PM   #62
Goldash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm going to post a "story" I wrote in a reply over at Operation Sports. I'm currently simming games with the "scoring plays only" option and this happened:

It's overtime in New York at the Barclays Center and the Sabres are even with the Islanders at 2-2. Jack Eichel's line peppers Kevin Poulin with shot after shot. One by one, Poulin covers or the puck goes out of play. For what seems like minutes, my top offensive line of Moulson-Eichel-O'Reilly wins draw after draw, keeping the puck in the zone, when, finally, the 18 year old phenom tips a rebound into the net and wins the game in overtime. Who would have thought a text sim could be so exciting?
Goldash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:57 AM   #63
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

After getting a little deeper into the game, these are my first impressions:

The starting page made me hope the navigation would be close to OOTP ... but after starting the game I found out that the navigation is completely different and quite confusing. Why, for christ's sake, do the develpers need to create a completely new navigation when we all are coming from OOTP baseball and are used to that ??
The easiest and best thing would have been to use that navigation and adjust it to FHM ... and you still can't change seasons within the game (okay, it's much better than previously, you "only" have to go to the start page and load the league there)

Anyway, I started a historical NHL-season (1966) - when I want to advance to pre-season I get this message:

Name:  screenshot_20150930_084421.png
Views: 813
Size:  4.8 KB

How many players are allowed on my protected list ?

I also started a DEL-season - when I want to play my first pre-season game I get this message:

Name:  screenshot_20150930_084636.png
Views: 787
Size:  4.4 KB

How many foreign players are allowed ? I can't find other (German) players on my team to replace foreign players.

I also used "AI setup organization" and that's what the AI came up with it.

I created a 1933 NHL-season on Monday and simmed a game - at least the simulation speed is much better than it was in FHM14, but beside that I can't see much improvement.

I definitely will give this game some more time - but after the FHM14-desater I will ask for a refund this time if things don't improve dramatically.

This game definitely has to be playable for casual hockey fans, not only experts ... and why we again have to have a completely new navigation is beyond me.

Or maybe I'm just too stupid to play this game.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 04:23 AM   #64
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
... but after starting the game I found out that the navigation is completely different and quite confusing. Why, for christ's sake, do the develpers need to create a completely new navigation when we all are coming from OOTP baseball and are used to that ??
I really find navigation ultra-easy and i´m not coming from OOTP Baseball.
Just give it a few tries and you get used to it

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 04:56 AM   #65
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strakman View Post
But I'd still like to know when I will get a training development report. In FHM 14, you got that report monthly.
You should still be getting them monthly, a list of everyone who's improved and declined.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #66
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

I agree with some of Germaniac's points. For example, on the roster screen I have to count the number of dressed players and either know what the limit is or look it up in the Rules screen (not obvious), likewise for # of contracted players. It would be nice if the current number and limits are displayed clearly on roster screens like in OOTP.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:28 AM   #67
Rich Tiger Fan
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoiles View Post
I agree with some of Germaniac's points. For example, on the roster screen I have to count the number of dressed players and either know what the limit is or look it up in the Rules screen (not obvious), likewise for # of contracted players. It would be nice if the current number and limits are displayed clearly on roster screens like in OOTP.
Unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying. All this information is on the roster screen at the bottom. There is also similar information on the contracts screen.

Name:  dressed.png
Views: 709
Size:  70.6 KB
Old 09-30-2015, 11:44 AM   #68
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Tiger Fan View Post
Unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying. All this information is on the roster screen at the bottom. There is also similar information on the contracts screen.

Attachment 420830
Interesting. I haven't notice that. Wonder if it's getting cutoff by the task bar. I thought the whole window was showing.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #69
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Interesting. I haven't notice that. Wonder if it's getting cutoff by the task bar. I thought the whole window was showing.
I bet your sreen resolution is 768 or below? Windows or Mac?
Old 09-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #70
djskek
Minors (Single A)

I would be interested if all the rules (e.g. player restrictions, age limits, the Förderlizenz-rule and affiliates (Kooperationen) of DEL / german leagues could be implemented?

Last edited by djskek; 09-30-2015 at 12:25 PM.
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:23 PM   #71
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Be sure to check this thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...size-tips.html
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:43 PM   #72
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

A lot of rules are already implemented in FHM 2. Our longterm goal is to make all leagues (that includes Germany as well) as close to reality as possible. I know our researcher for Germany wants to add lower leagues to the DEL and we will add rules as they fit our time table.

If you ever want to join the dark side and help us and our researcher in improving Germany in the game, send me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post
I would be interested if all the rules (e.g. player restrictions, age limits, the Förderlizenz-rule and affiliates (Kooperationen) of DEL / german leagues could be implemented?
Old 09-30-2015, 12:49 PM   #73
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Trade with Dallas
- To Detroit: Tyler Seguin
- To Dallas: Pavel Datsyuk, Zach Nastasiuk, 2nd and 7th (2016)

Trade with Tampa
- To Detroit: Victor Hedman
- To Tampa: Johan Franzen, 1st and 2nd (2018), 2nd and 3rd (2017)

Saw these posted in another thread.

Detroit is the human team. If it is really that easy to dump older players on the downside of their career for young franchise type stars, then I'm officially frightened to take the plunge. Yes, i realize trade AI is always a work in progress, but I can't see how either of these trades make any sense for Dallas and Tampa.
This complaint always baffles me. If it was two AI teams doing that, you have a legit complaint, but it's a human controlled team trying to exploit the AI. If you don't like that - and it appears you don't - there's a very simple solution: Don't try to exploit the AI. Problem solved.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #74
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
If you ever want to join the dark side and help us and our researcher in improving Germany in the game, send me a PM.
and don´t forget....
Attached Images

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:02 PM   #75
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
A lot of rules are already implemented in FHM 2. Our longterm goal is to make all leagues (that includes Germany as well) as close to reality as possible. I know our researcher for Germany wants to add lower leagues to the DEL and we will add rules as they fit our time table.

Can one in FHM2 the team or players Budget edit yourself? In FHM1 was not possible.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #76
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I will not yet buy the game because I do not agree with the pricing policy. The normal price of $ 39.99 is totally exaggerated. And the one-week discount of 25% I find ridiculous. The FHM 14 was a disaster. It would have been much fairer if all buyers of fhm14 would get the game for 20 euros ($ 22,40)
You're not buying it "yet" because you don't agree with the pricing policy.

So you are cleverly going to wait until the 25 percent discount is no longer being offered than buy it at full price to show how you don't agree with the pricing.

Brilliant move.

Also odd you would come into an "impressions" forum to share the impressions you don't have cause you don't own the game...
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:10 PM   #77
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Printing - Didn't see this listed anywhere, but are we able to print say the rosters, standings, etc. I didn't see that in the game?
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #78
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrisrox View Post
You're not buying it "yet" because you don't agree with the pricing policy.

So you are cleverly going to wait until the 25 percent discount is no longer being offered than buy it at full price to show how you don't agree with the pricing.

Brilliant move.

Also odd you would come into an "impressions" forum to share the impressions you don't have cause you don't own the game...
yes i buy this game later. Maybe next year.

I would have liked if the buyer of FHM1 would get an extra discount directly. I think (or I know) that some users have refrained at OOTP . They were very angry because of the FHM1. The reparation did not have to be high. It's simply about the principle. That's my view. This must not divide. But I admit. The good progress at FHM2 (as you can read it here) are a good new beginning.

Last edited by djskek; 09-30-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:35 PM   #79
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Tiger Fan View Post

Attachment 420830
Oops, I missed that, thanks for pointing it out. That's the price you pay sometimes with too many windows open
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #80
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

It was technically not possible to just give a discount to existing FHM 2014 user so our next best option was to give it to everybody (which includes them). IMO better to give something good to everyone then give nothing to the loyal fans.

Anyhow, maybe you join FHM at some point, would be nice to have more players from Germany here. We have big plans with FHM in Germany and the more feedback we get, the better.

Quote:
yes i buy this game later. Maybe next year.

I would have liked if the buyer of FHM1 would get an extra discount directly. I think (or I know) that some users have refrained at OOTP . They were very angry because of the FHM1. The reparation did not have to be high. It's simply about the principle. That's my view. This must not divide. But I admit. The good progress at FHM2 (as you can read it here) are a good new beginning.