Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List Let us know what you would like to see in future versions of OOTP! OOTPBM 2006 is in development, and there is still time left to get your suggestions into the game.

Old 05-08-2003, 11:18 PM   #81
Goody
Hall Of Famer

"CPU should reorder lineups for best performance when a substitute player is in the game"

I strongly vote for this. Its ridiculous when a big hitter takes a needed rest and Mr. scrub is batting 3rd
Old 05-09-2003, 12:11 AM   #82
pba5175
Minors (Single A)

I would like to have a full pitch mode option. I want the freedom to steal on a particular count or try just one bunt attempt, and even call pitches. I think the gm options or very strong but the managarial options are limited. I want to have more of a affect on my teams performance.

Visit mound would be great

Warm up option needs to be more critical. It seems like you can warm a guy forever without effecting his endurance when in the game. Maybe a meter to let us know how close to being warm would be nice.
pba5175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:59 PM   #83
Doctor Drew
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally posted by Portlander
"CPU should reorder lineups for best performance when a substitute player is in the game"

I strongly vote for this. Its ridiculous when a big hitter takes a needed rest and Mr. scrub is batting 3rd
I absolutely agree with this. I am also comfortable with the alternative I have seen suggested where you can set several lineups for your team, and it will use the appropriate one depending on which personnel are on the field. Though I realize that one is much more complicated. Either way, I'm in favor.
Doctor Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 05:56 PM   #84
mpsquid
Minors (Double A)

Apologies if it has been discussed, but I wouldn't mind knowing the count before making baserunning decisions. Obviously I'm more apt to steal on a 3-2 count rather than 3-0. Any way to make the count viable somehow, or too much code?

Thanks for the best Baseball game since Micro League Baseball, heheh.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:08 PM   #85
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread, I dont think it has, but I would like the ability to see the current post season stats on the pregame/ingame lineup screen during the post season.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:24 PM   #86
bsbll_n_mn

I'm about 100% sure that this has been suggested, but I was wondering if we could get Teams in the players stats for Minors and Postseason. I was looking at my players and I saw that one of them had been in the minors since 1861 (the begining), I just didn't know if he started on my team or if he was from a different team. I know i can look on Players History and stuff, but i would like to know how he played in the minors for different teams in in the post season for different teams.

on the stats issue, I was wondering if it has been suggested that when a players is traded in the middle of the season if you can split the stats so you can see how well he did for both teams instead of just the season stats, i can however understand the reason not doing it that way

^big sentance* there eh?

*edited - am i just stupid? i said "big since there" i am dumb

Last edited by bsbll_n_mn; 05-10-2003 at 07:26 PM.
bsbll_n_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 08:47 AM   #87
Muppetus Galacticus
Hall Of Famer

Just thought I'd give my vote to some ideas.

1) Left on base stats. The commentary always lets you know how many were left on base but by the end of the game I cannot remember who didn't bring them home. Or if I'm simming I want to see who's not performing in this situation. I'm not even aware if LOB is an offical stat but I think it could be helpful to some.

2) Weather forecasts. Does any manager in real life even care what the weather will bring and adjust his team as a result? How much does the weather affect games as a whole? I have only noticed the wind take effect on HR, or those that sneak back in. And do rain delays affect players performance at all? Concentration etc. If so, I'd like to see what's coming

3) Old favourite - ballpark sizes. I would like to see the game auto-adjust to park sizes when you enter them into the game. But only as an option, I know some would still like it as it is

4) 2d match engine. I cannot see this until OOTP7 at least. The one snag I see is the mod-ability of ballpack photos, might not be able to have both - unless someone creates a program to let the game know where everything is for EVERY photo you use

Thoughts? Suggestions? Slaps? I'm all for it! Although, HOW can this game get better? Sure there will be more options and nicer looks. But the "insides" of the game will remain the same for some time to come I'm sure and that's near perfect IMO

Round of applause to you all.

Muppetus Galacticus

My Sports Replay Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Met Police football club blow a late three goal lead
As for the Met, coming away from Essex with a point has to rank as one their biggest disappointments since failing to catch Jack The Ripper in the late 1800's.
Muppetus Galacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 08:49 AM   #88
Muppetus Galacticus
Hall Of Famer

AND thanks for putting up with us all

My Sports Replay Blog

Quote:
As for the Met, coming away from Essex with a point has to rank as one their biggest disappointments since failing to catch Jack The Ripper in the late 1800's.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:07 AM   #89
sebadohjr
Bat Boy

Quote:
2) Weather forecasts. Does any manager in real life even care what the weather will bring and adjust his team as a result? How much does the weather affect games as a whole? I have only noticed the wind take effect on HR, or those that sneak back in. And do rain delays affect players performance at all? Concentration etc. If so, I'd like to see what's coming

Also, for weather, maybe it doesn't matter, but when there's a rain delay, you come back, your pitcher is tired, but if you're playing with the warmup rule, you don't have an option to get someone up in the pen. Is it that the engine doesn't require it?

Related to this - how come you can't see if the computer is warming anyone up? Is it that they don't do it? If not, why? Wouldn't it adversely affect performance? Or is the bullpen feature just a little "extra" that doesn't really affect performance.
sebadohjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 06:48 PM   #90
couriers
All Star Reserve

What an incredible list. You really have your work cut out for you Henry. Good luck with it all.

Here are a few requests:

1. Fix the Quit Game Bug found Here

2. Fix the In-Game DH Lineup Bug found Here

3. Fix the 2 Headline News Bugs that I listed Here

4. Remove the Promotions limit of 5 and allow us to add as desired.

5. Fix the run off problems with large league structures found Here

6. Add the Bunt for Hit option after a failed bunt attempt. Currently the game will automatically attempt a bunt twice before giving any other options. It should only try once and then ask us what we want to do from there.

7. Fix the Swing Away Foul off problem where the game will keep forcing you to select Swing Away after each and every foul ball. Instead, there should be the option to Hit & Run as well as to Steal dependent on the count after each foul ball.

I hope that these are not out of line or inappropriate suggestions. My list of positives from OOTP5 is much longer.

Last edited by couriers; 07-19-2003 at 02:22 AM.
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 03:44 PM   #91
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

This suggestion should be rather simple to do and would add to the manager mode experience... the game should keep track of your career earnings as a manager. This would give some meaning to the financial aspect of your contract.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:35 AM   #92
couriers
All Star Reserve

The following graphics files should be included in the skn folder instead of the main graphics directory or in the least there should be an override function that uses one listed in the skn folder over any listed in the main directory.

Default.bmp
Defaultphoto.bmp
Logosmall.bmp
Preback1.bmp
Preback2.bmp
Preback3.bmp
Radio.bmp
Trophy.bmp

This would make it so much easier for someone to create a "complete" skin without requiring someone to take extra steps to get the desired results. Complete skins should be able to be installed in one easy step and on the fly from within the game. A lot of people don't bother with the extra files and only unzip the skn folder while leaving the other good stuff so that they don't need to go through the hassle. Not everyone is computer literate and many people don't like to hassle with more than one easy step.

Another reason that this would be a good thing is so that people can change skins in the game and get the full effect without having to exit the game and open up explorer to navigate directories in order to switch files around.

I have several leagues running right now that I like to use different skins for each one. Currently, it is a bit of a pain to switch the skins for each as opposed to being able to do it on the fly.

Thanks.

Last edited by couriers; 07-19-2003 at 02:22 AM.
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 02:18 PM   #93
Muppetus Galacticus
Hall Of Famer

I know it's nothing new but i have been thinking about a couple of oldies.

Play-by-Play. I think I speak for most when I want a more in-depth PbP in games. And/or perhaps let us edit our own?

Spring Training. Been reading up on this a bit. IMO I think just a overhaul of the interface would be a great start - it's a little daunting to go through it all at times when you want to just get on with the next season. Does it matter what your coaches are like? If not I'd like to see that implimented with them giving SUGGESTIONS when you select a player and better handling if you let them do what they will.

I second couriers skin suggestion. Makes it easier on everyone and on the eye. where everything is just right ahhh

Muppetus Galalcticus.

My Sports Replay Blog

Quote:
Old 05-14-2003, 11:01 PM   #94
Night2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
I know it's nothing new but i have been thinking about a couple of oldies.

Play-by-Play. I think I speak for most when I want a more in-depth PbP in games. And/or perhaps let us edit our own?

Muppetus Galalcticus.
Play by Play is the biggie for me. Enhance the play by play with more variety of possible plays. More rare plays. If you ever seen the board game APBA, or Strat, you would know what I mean.
Plus eliminate all the superficial stuff that really has no effect on the game, or the strategy, you choose.

This post has the Al Bundy and Homer Simpson stamp of approval!
Night2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 11:07 PM   #95
mtw
All Star Reserve

Miscellaneous...

1) League fielding leaders for Almanac, similar to batting and pitching.
2) A summary schedule and results page for each team and league in Almanac.
3) Ability to save individual games in Almanac, rather than all games.
4) A little more realism fielding awards. Happy that they are part of OOTP5, and for the most part are OK, but 1B should be primarily based on Assists and Fielding Pct., not range, and any player in the bottom 3 of their league's fielding pct should not win the award. Recently had the highest range, lowest fielding pct (by far) guy win the award. Would like to see fiedling pct given a little more weight.
5) Asked for this in OOTP3, OOTP4, and now OOTP5... I would like to have a system or an option for the human player to vote for awards, perhaps have the AI recommend 1-3 players for each award, and let the human player pick, or at least give some weight to human input. OOTP does a pretty good job, but sometimes forgets Rookie of the Year award (even when there are "qualifying" players).
6) In career stats of player pages, do not put team abbreviations if player does not actually play a game for that team. For players traded preseason, or being released from one team without having played and then signed as a free agent, OOTP currently puts the team abbreviation for the team the player did not play for in addition to the team he did play for, which sometimes means you'll see three or four teams for a season even though the player only played for one. Oh, and another shameless plug for Trade Splits!!!
7) Add DP, HBP, and PB to box scores.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:46 AM   #96
lfj
Minors (Single A)

I would like to see the ability to print who has been elected to the Hall of Fame.
lfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 03:39 PM   #97
mtw
All Star Reserve

Oops, meant to post this here.

Played Game Suggestions
Old 05-24-2003, 04:49 PM   #98
mtw
All Star Reserve

Please make injuries customizable in terms of the frequency of severe injuries versus day-to-day injuries, for both hitters and pitchers. This would be another area to help make it possible to get reasonable results in earlier baseball eras.

Ex. With injuries at normal, I currently get 15-25 serious pitcher injuries (4+ weeks) and 7-15 serious position player injuries, in a 16-team league. Based on averages from 1901 to 1920, there were about 7-9 pitcher serious injuries (including offseason deaths and suspensions), and about 15-18 position player serious injuries. This frequent occurrence of serious pitcher injuries is one major reason pitchers of this era are not racking up the really big win totals in OOTP.

Lowering injury frequency in League Setup to me isn't a solution in OOTP's current form, because position player injury frequency is already too low in this era, and there's no reason IMO to reduce the number of lesser, day-to-day injuries, which would be another direct affect.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:27 PM   #99
moore4807
All Star Starter

again my $.02 worth

Short n sweet list ... (if thats possible)
1) Pitchers plays per game - I had 7 plays for the pitcher in one game with a "D" defense. out of 27 outs -isnt this a bit excessive?
2) Managers - Minors - improve thier input to the game. I want depth charts / minor league trade requests / suggestions for 40 man roster in Sept from them. Majors - I want playing style (speed, longball, smallball) from Mgr's / I want egos to clash with Mgr / I liked the bean ball suggestion.
3) Make as much of the PbP and injuries txt. files so its easy to modify or save somebodys download. One less thing for us to bitch about...
4) Change Lineup Positions to player preferences = Speed / Hitting / OBP/ Power/ Sac. etc. this way its easier for CPU to reorder lineup for subs.
5) Do the same for team needs in trades and include minor leaguers in trades.
6) Suggestion - Make Myers-Briggs psychological formats for players (sixteen boxes from airy fairys- to hard bitten realists) and then have player conflicts Kinda like Jeff Kent - Barry Bonds thing, same for Mgr's. And keep hidden attributes so we don't positively know who will clash -who will work well together.
7) Agree on EXTRA special player (Rickey Henderson, Ty Cobb, Cy Young,) who changes the way the game is played. Special designation should be granted AFTER he establishes himself.
8) Agree on changing designations of pitchers so they aren't locked in to SP/MR/CL . There should be MORE about conditioning and off season than the current spring training & no in season work. This should change!!!
9) mostly everything already appearing on these pages -great work guys
10) P.S. Stadiums variables and media pressure/input a must
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 06:51 PM   #100
BigDuVall
Minors (Single A)

I would love to have the Manager with the most wins in each league, coach his league's All-Star team. Maybe there can be an invite, and if he declines, the Manager with the 2nd most wins would be invited, and so on. And, if it's a Human manager, you should be able to coach the team, if it's a Computer manager, then you can just watch.

Expansion should be easier, like after the season has completed, ask if you would like to expand. There should be a limited of 2 teams per year and, of course, a limit of total teams in a league. And, maybe just expand 2 teams every 5 years. Each team could select 5 players from their team to place into the Expansion Draft Pool, much like the Madden NFL video game series does, and the expansion team(s) could choose from those players and take over their contracts, as well as get 1st pick in the upcoming draft.

Another feature, would be to allow us to create players with maybe, 30 points, to divide among each of the categories. And, for any ratings that are letters, like "A" through "E", "5" would be "A" and "1" would be "E".