Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #81
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divergent View Post
Can you create a Toronto Rage jercey and logo? This is amazing work!
I'm not too sure about this one, but here it is anyway.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Pwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #82
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler View Post
These logos and jerseys are excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing the quickstart.
I've been very busy lately, but I'm still testing it. Right now, I think I'm going to add a few more junior teams because I feel like the draft is a little thin. I have a 24 teams junior league (for my 18 teams CHL), so I think I'll bump this up to 30 junior teams.

But I must say that I think I enjoy this fictional game more than my other saves set in the NHL and QMJHL.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #83
monochameleon
Minors (Double A)

Loving these uniforms, there are some great ones in here, Pwal.
monochameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:17 PM   #84
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwal View Post
I've been very busy lately, but I'm still testing it. Right now, I think I'm going to add a few more junior teams because I feel like the draft is a little thin. I have a 24 teams junior league (for my 18 teams CHL), so I think I'll bump this up to 30 junior teams.
I spent some time this weekend setting up a league using your teams/sweaters. I only added the CHL and FHL teams and simmed about 35 years or so. But other than the time it took me to set everything up, I didn't look too closely at the stats and such.

However, there didn't seem to be a player that dominated the league for years on end. Which was surprising go me since and 18 team league is rather small. It would be interesting to see if some junior league teams would have an effect on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwal View Post
But I must say that I think I enjoy this fictional game more than my other saves set in the NHL and QMJHL.
I'm right there with you. Back when I played OOTP a lot, I much preferred fictional setups.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:10 PM   #85
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I also agree, fictional games are way more fun. I've played a lot with my own fictional game (until I ran into the problems about the Facegen not working right) and same goes for on the baseball side. It's just more fun to develop your own history and get attached to these fictional guys as you create your own stories for them. At least, that's how it was for me.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #86
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
I also agree, fictional games are way more fun. I've played a lot with my own fictional game (until I ran into the problems about the Facegen not working right) and same goes for on the baseball side. It's just more fun to develop your own history and get attached to these fictional guys as you create your own stories for them. At least, that's how it was for me.
Yeah, that Facegen issue is pretty annoying. I've sent my save game to Jeff, so I hope they'll be able to find what's causing this. It kinda breaks the immersion when it doesn't update like it should.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #87
Pwal
All Star Starter

Ok, it's been awfully quiet around here, so here's a little something. It's been a while, but I've finally restarted my fictional CHL and here's the quickstart if anyone want to give it a try.

What if a new professional league was created after the 2004-05 NHL lockout? This universe includes the 18 team Canadian Hockey League with its minor league, the Federal Hockey League, and a 28 team junior league, the Canadian Interuniversity Sport. No shootouts, ties like in the good old times, fictional players, and jerseys created by me.

I haven't really tested this setup yet, but it should be ok. Get it here: CHL 2005

Enjoy!
Old 06-07-2016, 06:59 PM   #88
CubzFan73
Minors (Single A)

I'm going to give it a try Pwal, looks cool. I'll let you know if it works (if I can figure out how to install it lol). Thanks for posting this.

Leroy
CubzFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:57 AM   #89
Pwal
All Star Starter

If you extract it to your data/quickstart_games folder, you should be able to use it by selecting Quickstart Game when you launch FHM .
Old 06-09-2016, 01:46 AM   #90
CubzFan73
Minors (Single A)

Got it to work just fine. Very nice work on all of it Pwal. So far, I'm about 2 weeks in, and no problems.

Leroy
Old 12-19-2016, 03:11 PM   #91
CubzFan73
Minors (Single A)

Sorry for the bump, but do you have this for FHM3? I haven't really done anything with it, and wanted to try your league out on the new version. Thanks.

Leroy
Old 12-19-2016, 07:06 PM   #92
Pwal
All Star Starter

No, not yet. It's on my to-do list, though, but I don't know when I'll tackle this.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:58 PM   #93
asiriath
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey Pwal, first off id like to say I love your work. Ive used a lot of your stuff over the past couple years and its always awesome.

I've noticed this CHL has been slightly abandoned since FHM2, I have just recently finished setting up a full Quickstart using your CHL teams and logos. I used your CHL junior logo to make a full 30-team junior league with Logos (no jerseys, im no design wizard). It has a few changes like the exclusion of the CIS, a 1943 start date (as if the NHL flopped during the depression) and a 8 team playoff format,and the same OT/Shootout rules as nowadays.

Theres not many (or any at all) Quickstarts for FHM4 at this time. Im wondering if you'd like me to post my Quickstart I have. Id give you full credit for the work of course. Mine is by no means perfect, but I like the fictional leagues and I know other people do as well but they can be time consuming to set up properly, so not everybody does.
asiriath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #94
Pwal
All Star Starter

Sure, no problem, go ahead!
Old 11-23-2017, 11:28 PM   #95
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Hey Pwal could I potentially borrow your St. John's Rock logo and name? Also could I borrow your league logos? I'm going to try and tweak the league logo's for a Minor league as well if you let me.
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #96
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
Hey Pwal could I potentially borrow your St. John's Rock logo and name? Also could I borrow your league logos? I'm going to try and tweak the league logo's for a Minor league as well if you let me.
Sure, no problem.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:31 PM   #97
KingCarlyle97
Bat Boy

Repost

Hey Pwal, could you repost the download link to the FHM 2 version of this quickstart? I'm getting a 404 page.
KingCarlyle97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:35 PM   #98
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCarlyle97 View Post
Hey Pwal, could you repost the download link to the FHM 2 version of this quickstart? I'm getting a 404 page.
Sorry, I no longer have it.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:41 PM   #99
lightcrimsonb1
Banned

. I'll also add a minor league called the Federal Hockey League, and a junior league based on the CIS.

Let's start with the CHL/LCH!
Attached Images Nox Vidmate VLC

Last edited by lightcrimsonb1; 10-18-2020 at 05:25 AM.
lightcrimsonb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 01:48 PM   #100
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Pwal, could you please do a white jersey for the Halifax Schooners, with no league or advertising-related logos here, possibly even one similar to the ones that you've done already for them, using the original logo that you utilized for them earlier in this thread? I'm currently in 1939, for a FHM 7-related game, so if you want to make period-appropriate uniforms and/or helmets, that would be fine, or you can leave the dark uniform as it is now. I expect that the Schooners (ex-Pirates & ex-Quakers) will remain in existence for at least another 10 to 15 seasons, if not more, for my relevant game, seeing as they have now won a championship in that relevant FHM dynasty of mine. But only just as long as I don't check the applicable box on the required screen, that is, it seems to me.

In any case, do you perhaps have all the relevant RGB or HEX color codes for the Halifax Schooners here, by any chance at all? And just where would I then need to put the relevant items for this team, once collected? Just in case I haven't actually seen exactly where to put them in the past from other similar threads on the forums, at least when it comes to various versions of FHM I have that they'd be compatible with? Please advise, as you like and can. Thank you. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote