Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2014, 11:48 PM   #21
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

What operating systems are you guys using? If this is another Mac problem, I'm going to go yell at Markus.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #22
MillerTime89
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
What operating systems are you guys using? If this is another Mac problem, I'm going to go yell at Markus.
I'm definitely a Mac user.

"Show up, shout out, and shut up" - Adam Jones
MillerTime89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #23
peji911
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Does the 2nd one (No International Teams) have wrong International team names... OR you just can't play with an international team, but they are named properly?
peji911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:14 AM   #24
the_Jewtalian
Bat Boy

I am having trouble getting this to work. I downloaded the file, and unzip the folder using unarchiver. From there I copy the folder "New MLB Quickstart MLB AS IL" into the quickstart_games folder.

However when I try to start a quickstart game I do not see it as an option. Although the "New MLB QS All IL.quick" folder exists within quickstart_games it does not exist in the compressed .tar version. Do I need to include it in the compressed version? I have tried but have been unable to.
the_Jewtalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #25
madJ
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by peji911 View Post
Does the 2nd one (No International Teams) have wrong International team names... OR you just can't play with an international team, but they are named properly?
There are simply no international teams. Only MLB and associated minor leagues.
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #26
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

i get a grey field with these new rosters when i watch it anyone know where i can find non 3D ballparks so that it doesnt show up grey.. a example is below is what i mean..

Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #27
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime89 View Post
I'm definitely a Mac user.
Hmm... if this is a Mac issue, there's not much I can do. Can you open other Quickstarts, or is it just this one that's giving you problems? If it affects all Quickstarts, I'd go post a Bug Report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peji911 View Post
As madJ says, it simply has no International Leagues. I didn't want to shoehorn people into playing with International Leagues if they didn't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Jewtalian View Post
I am having trouble getting this to work. I downloaded the file, and unzip the folder using unarchiver. From there I copy the folder "New MLB Quickstart MLB AS IL" into the quickstart_games folder.

However when I try to start a quickstart game I do not see it as an option. Although the "New MLB QS All IL.quick" folder exists within quickstart_games it does not exist in the compressed .tar version. Do I need to include it in the compressed version? I have tried but have been unable to.
What .tar version are you referring to? I'm not positive I'm fully following this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
i get a grey field with these new rosters when i watch it anyone know where i can find non 3D ballparks so that it doesnt show up grey.. a example is below is what i mean..
The Quickstart doesn't have anything to do with the ballpark images. I made a collection a while back of real stadium photos, though, so feel free to use those if you want: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-pictures.html
Old 06-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #28
the_Jewtalian
Bat Boy

Quote:

What .tar version are you referring to? I'm not positive I'm fully following this.

I meant do I have to compress the quickstart file into a .tar folder? After placing the folder in the quickstart_games I am still unable to see it exist when attempting to quickstart a game.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #29
md5423
All Star Reserve

Having the same problem where the world.dat file is missing. I'm on mac as well.

Seems like this is a mac problem, anybody found a fix?
md5423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #30
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I meant do I have to compress the quickstart file into a .tar folder? After placing the folder in the quickstart_games I am still unable to see it exist when attempting to quickstart a game.
You shouldn't have to do anything more than put the .quick folder into the quickstart_games folder. Are the other Quickstarts missing, too, or just this one? Also, are you positive you're putting it into the proper OOTP15 folder? Not doubting you, but I've done stupid things in the past where I've put something into the previous version's folder by mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by md5423 View Post
Having the same problem where the world.dat file is missing. I'm on mac as well.

Seems like this is a mac problem, anybody found a fix?
It definitely seems to be a Mac problem, but since I'm on a PC, I unfortunately can't help much.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #31
the_Jewtalian
Bat Boy

The other default quickstart options are available. Here are the steps I am taking.

1. Navigate to iOOTP icon in finder
2. Ctrl+click and select show package contents
3. Select contents
4. Open Default_data folder
5. Place New MLB QS folder in original quickstart_games folder.

This is what my default_data folder looks like
http://imgur.com/Xd48B35

This is what my quickstart folder looks like
http://imgur.com/rlZqbMu

Last edited by the_Jewtalian; 06-08-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #32
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The other default quickstart options are available. Here are the steps I am taking.

1. Navigate to iOOTP icon in finder
2. Ctrl+click and select show package contents
3. Select contents
4. Open Default_data folder
5. Place New MLB QS folder in original quickstart_games folder.

This is what my default_data folder looks like
imgur: the simple image sharer

This is what my quickstart folder looks like
imgur: the simple image sharer
Another Mac issue? Yikes. It looks like you're doing everything right. Try finding another Quickstart and putting it into the folder. If that one shows up, it's an issue with mine, and I'll work on figuring it out. If not, I'd open a bug report.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #33
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

When I download the all league file its on 95k and zip won't open it?
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:51 PM   #34
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFan View Post
When I download the all league file its on 95k and zip won't open it?
Something screwed up with the download there. Just try it again (I just checked it myself with no issue).
Old 06-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #35
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Something screwed up with the download there. Just try it again (I just checked it myself with no issue).
Yes the problem was I was trying to right click save as... and that doesn't work. You have to go into the link and push a download button.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #36
Harmon Killebrew
Minors (Double A)

Quick Start Question

Being New to OOTP this year, I'm glancing at this and wondering...
aside from the International teams, what is in a quick start game that can't be changed within the game/league settings/files that you normally can pick and choose from when you set up a regular start game?

Maybe a better question for this thread is, why do this (nicknames file) as a quick start game instead of as a regular start game?

Last edited by Harmon Killebrew; 06-13-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Harmon Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #37
Harmon Killebrew
Minors (Double A)

No International Leagues???

Why is it when I download the No International Leagues file listed here, and do a quick start after downloading this file,
that I get Nippon and Italian, etc. leagues listed in my game?

Anyone else having this problem? Or I must be doing something wrong? And yes, I'm using Windows.
And yes, I absolutely DO NOT want them in my league. Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited by Harmon Killebrew; 06-16-2014 at 12:16 AM.
Harmon Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:36 PM   #38
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Killebrew View Post
Why is it when I download the No International Leagues file listed here, and do a quick start after downloading this file,
that I get Nippon and Italian, etc. leagues listed in my game?
No idea. I just tested it myself, and the No_IL file has no international leagues. Are you sure you downloaded the correct file? Honestly, the only way I could see that getting mixed up is something on your end; both Quickstarts load correctly for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Killebrew View Post
aside from the International teams, what is in a quick start game that can't be changed within the game/league settings/files that you normally can pick and choose from when you set up a regular start game?
Absolutely nothing. The point of a Quickstart is to configure a league yourself so that other people can load up that exact configuration. But people were complaining about not having real team names in the latest patch (something that could be fixed in 20 minutes manually, or in 10 seconds with one of the workarounds the guys built in), so I went ahead and made a Quickstart to quell the whining.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #39
DFyvie
Major Leagues

So.. my problem is my OOTP 15 does not have a quickstart_games folder with which to put in this quick start. My previous OOTP does. So.. my question is where is the quick start folder and why can I still select the quick starts that came with the game?
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #40
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Found a quick start folder.. but as a previous poster mentioned, do we have to convert this file into a .tar? And yes, I'm on a Mac.
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote