Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 03-21-2013, 04:26 AM   #1
bazeall
Minors (Double A)

Playoff Doom Part II

In 2012, 4 of 5 starting pitchers were injured just prior to the playoffs and in the playoffs.

It's late August of the next season and my starting SS has just broken his shoulder (4-5 months), two starting pitchers have been injured in their most recent starts (both out 4-5 months), the starting 3B is out until next season, two of the starting OF'ers and their backups are injured until next season, and the starting 1B is out until next season.

Despite resting players when they aren't 100% rested, this happens every season in every league. Just prior to the playoffs a large number of players goes out with injuries.
bazeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
BabyLemonade
Minors (Double A)

Never had that..Are you playing out your games ? I do and when i clinch or i m close to clinch division i start to rotate all position players..(Come September i rest all my starting line up and limit my starters to 3 innings or aprox. 50pitches).In the last five games of season i don't use them at all..
Old 03-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
bazeall
Minors (Double A)

Are you saying that's necessary to avoid injuries? It's August in 2013. Why would I only pitch starters 3 innings in August?

All through the season, if a player is less than 100% rested I replace him in the starting lineup.

The last remaining starting OF just got injured. He's out until next season.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #4
bazeall
Minors (Double A)

Two more starters now out with injuries. One of them was an in-between games story injury. He injured his back chopping wood, but people suspect he was engaged in sexual activities with his mistress. Whatever the reason, he's out until next year along with three of the other five starters.

This is just like last season with 4 out of the 5 starters injured. Last season the injuries were toward the end of September and into the playoffs. This year they've all happened at the end of August into early September.

But the bottom line is 4/5 of the rotation is gone.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

perhaps your injury settings are out of whack
Baseballman2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Even when not playing games out, you can shut guys down if needed by altering the team strategy.
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #7
bazeall
Minors (Double A)

I play the games. Injury settings are not out of whack. But in every season I've played ( 5 so far), many players get injured in the final month.

On Sept. 5 my backup SS was injured. He's out for the season. The player who replaced him for the game was then injured and out for 3 weeks. The starting 2B was injured in the 1st inning (out until next season.) His replacement was injured (out for the season.) None of these guys was listed as fragile for health. They were all 100% rested.

I only pitched the starter 5 innings. The first reliever was injured during the play when the first batter put the ball in play.

I'm now without the entire opening day starting IF and OF, without 4 of the 5 opening day starting pitchers, without 2 of the opening day relievers, without two backup SS's, without two backup decent OF'ers.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #8
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

sounds like its time to fire your trainer
Baseballman2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
phightin
All Star Reserve

The total amount of injuries OOTP has on the classic setting are correct. However the rates at which they occur during different parts of the season are not. Its been this way for awhile and there's a study on here that confirms this. The conclusion to basically counter this and create a more real approach use high for spring training April and May, Classic for June July, Low for August and very low for September and the playoffs. IRL the rates of injuries occurring to players in August and September are far less than in OOTP. Hope this helps.
phightin is offline   Reply With Quote