Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #201
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
owners who stayed away from drinking, gambling, Broadway shows and wild women!!....
And these are bad things why??

I'll test the rest and see if I can tell what goes wrong.....at first blush it may be the league is running out of free range players due to all the players trapped on defunct teams.

New copies of the db's uploaded as I fixed a challenge where some players debuted too early even though I TOLD them not to.

Last edited by Spritze; 07-07-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #202
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
They then had no money to bribe umpires and steal players from other teams...(or just pay them to be sick for a game or two)
Old 07-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #203
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Hey Spritze, a quick question: If you were to make a Negro League players only version, do you know how many players would be available year to year? Is that information you could easily provide?

[BTW, sorry if this was addressed earlier in the thread. I didn't read it all.]

Last edited by risp2out; 07-08-2010 at 04:28 PM.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #204
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Not enough players to make a league but some fellers in Chicago are working on it.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #205
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

I am up to 1890 in a historical league that accesses the Lehman DB that comes with the game. Is it possible to re-point to this DB without having to start over?
Old 07-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #206
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Sort of.

Some players may debut earlier in both the Gambo and my db so they would not appear in your league at all.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #207
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I'll test the rest and see if I can tell what goes wrong.....at first blush it may be the league is running out of free range players due to all the players trapped on defunct teams.

New copies of the db's uploaded as I fixed a challenge where some players debuted too early even though I TOLD them not to.

If you extend the 4 foreign AL teams (London, Havana......) 1 more year, it gets by the crash.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #208
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I'll extensibly extend them in the next update.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #209
Rainers
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Found the problem with this one. Pretty easy catch. In the master.csv I was using there was an extra column that caused the pitches not to be aligned right. The only fastball pitchers were ones the game designated as fastball pitches). I have let Spritze know to double check his and this will fix the problem.

It may (probably not but maybe) also fix up some of the fielding issues some people are seeing.
Was this issue ever fixed? And if so was a new version of the database uploaded somewhere?

Rainers
Rainers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #210
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

It was only in the master.csv Gambo had modded. He has fixed it but he hasn't released his newest version yet AFAIK.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:11 AM   #211
dcundy
Minors (Single A)

where is sadaharu oh

playing a career historical league using normalized stats and I can't see sadaharu in the .csv batting file. so far i have simmed from 1903 to 1967 and he hasn't showed up. Have had some interesting results though. so far Ted Williams has the most career homers with 624, Mantle# with 570, Berra# 545, Josh Gibson 533, Mays# 532, mathews# 478 and Ruth with 474. Ruth's best was 41. Also note I neutralized all parks to 100. Anyway no Oh. too bad it would be interesting to see how he fits into this homer run list.
dcundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #212
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Going Oh for Oh

To test I started a game in 1962 and Mr. Oh is a 21 year old free agent so if you are using one of the All Players DB's you oughta see him floating around somewheres.

If you are using the NoAsians DB you might not find him but I don't remember why that is.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #213
dcundy
Minors (Single A)

using all18most.zip

I am using the all18most.zip db from the ftp site. Really don't see Mr. Oh. I was able to add him manually from the free agents screen but his stats are minimal. Tried a search in the batting.csv file and not hits. Also noticed a more recent file for allplayerrealdebutrealteams. what is the difference between that and the all18most db? Not trying to pull your leg on Mr. Oh just wierd. thanks for checking it out.

Don
Old 07-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #214
dcundy
Minors (Single A)

Oh no mr Oh

ok so i did find him in batting2.csv. how does game know to use batting2 instead of batting1. remember I am using normalized stats.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #215
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

It has to be set to use neutralized stats.

Also, I'll have a version of my DB released very very soon.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:12 PM   #216
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcundy View Post
ok so i did find him in batting2.csv. how does game know to use batting2 instead of batting1. remember I am using normalized stats.
Neutered stats is the thing to use with all versions, the db csv's are all the same, the differences are in the master.csv. The 18 yr old DB has ALL the players debut at 18 (or earlier). Basically they debut upon high school graduation or dropoutuation. The All players Real Teams Real Debuts has everyone debut as a part of their real draft class.
Both of those DB's contain Negro, Japanese, Cuban and Korean ballplayers as well as SABR's Minor League Stars. (Vols 1, 2 and half of 3). Sort of a world of players. Most years have a thousand or so active players which makes the minor leagues useful.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #217
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Latest info on my version...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3013138

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #218
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Neutered stats is the thing to use with all versions, the db csv's are all the same, the differences are in the master.csv. The 18 yr old DB has ALL the players debut at 18 (or earlier). Basically they debut upon high school graduation or dropoutuation. The All players Real Teams Real Debuts has everyone debut as a part of their real draft class.
Both of those DB's contain Negro, Japanese, Cuban and Korean ballplayers as well as SABR's Minor League Stars. (Vols 1, 2 and half of 3). Sort of a world of players. Most years have a thousand or so active players which makes the minor leagues useful.
Playing a sim now with ALL18MOST however Im seeing a lotta guys debut later than 18 in my drafts.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #219
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Any idea why both the debut and high school files will not import the Chicago Cubs and Robins to their rosters? All players import, but not to their teams in these examples.

I tried creating a 1926 league with both of these files and with both the odb and the master.csv. None of the options worked.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #220
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Mr. Lahman changed the Team Abbreviations without asking me. Fixed this a few versions ago but I have not asked Padre to upload yet as I have a final cosmetic only fix to do this weekend or sooner. You can get these files at the secret sight now and soon at Padres.

Note the 1926 Cubs attached.
Attached Images