Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 02-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #61
professor ape
All Star Starter

Please, please, pretty please let there be a future announcement about enhancements to the playoff structures for the release of OOTP10.

I will sacrifice many small animals to the gods of byes, double elimination, and other playoff formats....

BRING ME THE GUINEA PIG!!!!!

P.S. I love the features in the announcement so don't think that I am only complaining.
professor ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #62
AnotherAlias
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBigBoots View Post
Is there a way to pre-order without going through PayPal? I really, really do not want a PayPal account. I was planning to order the Mac version, by the way.
I ended up pre-ordering with a CC...after PayPal didn't work for me.

So, to answer your question: You can pre-order without going through PayPal.
AnotherAlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #63
treedom
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
It will be cross-platform between Mac and Linux. And once we have found a valid copy protection solution for the PC, we'll offer those who bought OOTP 10 vie eLicense a free PISD license for PC, Mac and Linux.

But that is no promise. We'll do our best though.
That's pretty disappointing. I was hoping I could use it in Windows & Linux. I can't decide which way to go.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #64
AnotherAlias
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedom View Post
That's pretty disappointing. I was hoping I could use it in Windows & Linux. I can't decide which way to go.
Go both ways.

Markus will appreciate the extra scratch.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #65
cha0sbreaker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So I've been playing OOTP since I believe OOTP 5 when I was a wee little high schooler... and now I'm a UMass Sport Management major that is still in love with this game. Once I saw this email I immediately preordered... THEN read the new feature list and was absolutely blown away. THANK YOU Markus.
cha0sbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #66
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

to go through paypal, when i added it to the shopping cart and then got the to shopping cart screen i just clicked on the Checkout with Paypal button. And then that worked
Old 02-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #67
kq76
Global Moderator

Those screenshots look sick! (In a good way that is). I love 'em! Coolest I've seen in awhile although (hint, hint Aurelios) I think a similar one but with blue would be even cooler.

Does buying from Steam alow you to play on a mac or PC? Yeah, you need to always be connected to the net for it, but it might be preferrable for some people.

As for the feature pack, wow! I always look forward to the next version, but I think I'll look forward to this one more than any before it. Great job, team!
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #68
kq76
Global Moderator

dola,

Reading the rest of the thread I have to agree with some others in that my only disappointment is not seeing anything about LGO's playoffs. I still have hope more of his proposal will be implemented. There's still plenty of time, I think.

EDIT: Well that, and leagues not more separable/associable.

Last edited by kq76; 02-19-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #69
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
As for the feature pack, wow! I always look forward to the next version, but I think I'll look forward to this one more than any before it. Great job, team!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
my only disappointment is...
Uncharacteristically perhaps, I'll prefer to focus on your first comment. In every version, there will be areas still in need of being fleshed out and the suggestion - often outstanding - that waits for the next version. After all, it's Markus' personal philosophy that each version must contain at least a couple of new-fangled additions. It's obvious we can't have it all at once. Of course that doesn't stop us from wanting it all at once. I imagine his forecasted list of new features stretches well into v12 or beyond.

With the breadth of these anticipated new features, it'll be a daunting task for the team to ensure that all of these work as intended. The list is surprisingly numerous; encompassing an equally surprising number of areas within the game. Aside from the v2006 code change, it's probably the most ambitious version I've seen. I agree with you in looking forward to this installment more than any. Quite the endeavor.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #70
targy
All Star Starter

Just purchased OOTP10...yay
Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #71
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Uncharacteristically perhaps, I'll prefer to focus on your first comment. In every version, there will be areas still in need of being fleshed out and the suggestion - often outstanding - that waits for the next version. After all, it's Markus' personal philosophy that each version must contain at least a couple of new-fangled additions. It's obvious we can't have it all at once. Of course that doesn't stop us from wanting it all at once. I imagine his forecasted list of new features stretches well into v12 or beyond.

With the breadth of these anticipated new features, it'll be a daunting task for the team to ensure that all of these work as intended. The list is surprisingly numerous; encompassing an equally surprising number of areas within the game. Aside from the v2006 code change, it's probably the most ambitious version I've seen. I agree with you in looking forward to this installment more than any. Quite the endeavor.
Disappointment is too harsh sounding of a word. You just can't help wanting it all right away though.

I agree, the amount of great new stuff we're getting this version is surprising and instead of hoping for even more we should probably just be hoping it all works as well as possible. I think the last couple of versions were more about fixing what was weak with OOTP2006 where it looks like with this version we may have finally truly turned the corner. There's no doubt that there are still some existing features that could do with improving and I don't disagree with those who call for fixes instead of additions, but I personally can't help getting excited over new stuff.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #72
falcon4e
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phightin View Post
with the new features of the game will it still offer the option of loading a previous versions of the game you're playing? i.e. will ottp 9 games be playable for it?
Good question, didn't see the response to it. Would love to have the features for an existing league..

Another question if i may ask.. it says we can input stats to garner ratings but does this also apply to POTENTIAL ratings as well (draftee you can put their potential at .300 30 and 100 or something).
falcon4e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #73
Dargone
Hall Of Famer

Sweet
I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.-Margaret Mitchell
Dargone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #74
JohnBigBoots
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherAlias View Post
I ended up pre-ordering with a CC...after PayPal didn't work for me.

So, to answer your question: You can pre-order without going through PayPal.
How is this done? The pre-order screen asks me to create a PISD account and the "Pay Now" button on the PISD site brings me to a PayPal log in page. How do I bypass the PayPal portion and purchase directly?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #75
AnotherAlias
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBigBoots View Post
How is this done? The pre-order screen asks me to create a PISD account and the "Pay Now" button on the PISD site brings me to a PayPal log in page. How do I bypass the PayPal portion and purchase directly?
I'm not sure. Sounds like you have an inverse problem of what I experienced. You should either contact Markus thru a direct email or perhaps ViaTech, I guess.

Hopefully, someone sees your post in this thread. Or maybe start a thread. Markus is bound to see it.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #76
norva13x
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherAlias View Post
I'm not sure. Sounds like you have an inverse problem of what I experienced. You should either contact Markus thru a direct email or perhaps ViaTech, I guess.

Hopefully, someone sees your post in this thread. Or maybe start a thread. Markus is bound to see it.
I started a thread called "Buying on Mac" and I have the exact same problem. I see no way to buy it except using paypal which I refuse to do.
norva13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:50 PM   #77
sfeldkamp
Minors (Double A)

Awesome feature set, I really hope it all makes it in.

A couple of questions with arbitration, after the team and player exchange salary figures, can they still negotiate and come to an agreement for a one year contract and avoid the arbitration decision?

Also, are arbitration contracts guaranteed? In MLB you can cut an arbitration player, until a certain date, and it will only cost you a pro-rated portion of the player's salary. That might be a bit much to model, or to expect a player to care about.
sfeldkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #78
spitfire
All Star Reserve

I WAS going to hold off on ordering 10 until I read some user reports after it came out, but seeing as how the initial draft has been reworked to take budgets into account as I had requested, I feel honour-bound to pre-order!

Question on the arbitration: if a player loses his arbitration case, will it have a potential effect on his morale, performance, and desire to stay with the team, taking into account his loyalty etc.? Be interesting if for example a player with high leadership lost his case and suffered a major hit to his leadership, possibly having a gradual rebound on that later or when moved to a different team. Offers some interesting scenarios and could give added importance to of the individual characteristics of the players.
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #79
myasu
All Star Starter

Wow,

I never thought the V10 could top the V9, but it looks like it will.
Just amazing!

I specially love the "Inaugural Draft With Budgets", and "new salary arbitration/FA" system.

I will pre-order right now!

Bill Spaceman Lee- "The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the sixties I tested everything."
myasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:22 PM   #80
conception
All Star Starter

There is a reason why OOTP is so well-respected around the gaming community. Markus, your ability to integrate user requested features is astounding. I'm looking forward to the development of these new features.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote