Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 03-03-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Putting ourselves in the game

I do not know alot about Facegen
Is it possible to take a digital picture of my face and load it into OOTP and then map it onto a player?
I have always got alot of enjoyment from creating a player with my name and body type and baseball skillset and then letting him be drafted and playing out a career.
Being able to put something resembling my face into the game would just ice the cake.
Has anyone tried this? Or is it even possible?
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
You could always keep regenerating the image until you got one you could live with.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
You could always keep regenerating the image until you got one you could live with.
With how many tens of millions faces that facegen can generate, that could take a few months

I know that with the actual facegen software you can take a digi pic and create a face. I wonder if you can do it in OOTP
That would be extremly cool to put your friends and family in the game if you wished
Old 03-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmjager View Post
With how many tens of millions faces that facegen can generate, that could take a few months
That depends on how picky you are.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
Oxydizer
All Star Reserve

That would be cool. I could be a pic of my ex wife in the game, and just constantly drill line drives at her or just throw bean balls at her.
Oxydizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
CHCfan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxydizer View Post
That would be cool. I could be a pic of my ex wife in the game, and just constantly drill line drives at her or just throw bean balls at her.
yikes!!
CHCfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can do this without facegen. If you want an actualy picture of yourself, that's possible.

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:41 PM   #8
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molarmite View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can do this without facegen. If you want an actualy picture of yourself, that's possible.
I'd think you're right, simply using the digital picture, resizing appropriately, then making sure you designate it Lastname_Firstname rather than the player ID (which I think FaceGen uses). But like you, I could stand to be corrected.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #9
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

It would not blend in very well with all the other facegen stuff
Plus for some reason seeing a real picture does not have the same impact as seeing a computer render of yourself
I guess for me I still think of this as a video game
Old 03-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #10
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmjager View Post
It would not blend in very well with all the other facegen stuff
Plus for some reason seeing a real picture does not have the same impact as seeing a computer render of yourself
I guess for me I still think of this as a video game
In that case, some skilled modders or yourself, might be able to take your digital and 'morph' it into a facsimile of a FaceGen rendering. It'd be rather a mutant version, but it might work with a little finesse. Something to think about.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #11
PAR65
Minors (Single A)

Facegen demo allows you to take a photo and then it will create the image. It takes about 20 minutes but I have done this. So all you would need to do is to create the image and find a template like defts that has all the uniform files and create you own player in photoshop or paintshop pro. Name the image with your name and there you go. The only thing is that you won't age in the game.

BTW, I have done this in the past using my driver license photo and it worked pretty well. But this was done for OOTP6.
PAR65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:49 AM   #12
Queensryche
Major Leagues

Well,since I never plan on leaving the Astros with my guy,I figure my real photo I made will be good enough.
Queensryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:57 AM   #13
ctorg
Global Moderator

I think I recall Andreas or someone of similar stature saying this could not be done in this version. Of course, at the rate things are progressing, maybe it can be done now.

As I've said in other threads, I think FaceGen images are going to become preferable to photos as time goes on due to their automatic updating. I think a lot of people will wish they had FaceGen versions of real players so that they could get the automatic updating to work for them. Hopefully a future version of the game will incorporate this and some great modder with FaceGen will make FaceGen sets.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote