Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-16-2006, 02:25 PM   #201
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

I defanitely agree. We aren't at the point where we were before, but it is slowly coming back to life. The fact that this thread keeps getting pushed way down every time I check it to update it is a good thing. But what sucks for me is that I haven't really gotten to check out some of the newer ones.

When I made my list, I kind of wish I marked down what day of the last post was. I would bet that over 50% of the dynasties on this countdown were affected by the crash in one way or another, whether it be post counts or losing the majority of their writing. That doesn't even count the ones that were totally lost.

I didn't realize until writing this countdown how much readership and comments matter. Granted, I am doing this for a different reason (maybe) than some others who write dynasties as I want to create discussion and expose dynasties that some people may have missed. My whole mission is to get the word out, and if I didn't feel like I was doing that, then why do the countdown? So yeah, get out there, read, and comment!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #202
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

#39 – “The Utterly Improbable Baseball Association

Started by: metsgeek

This quote sums it up for me. Onto number 39. Thank you, and good night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsgeek
Now, for those of you who want an in-depth look at the personalities of the game, this league is NOT FOR YOU. Some may even consider this league a stat dump. C'est la vie.
Kidding.

At least he warned us and let us know exactly what to expect. You know, I like it when I know what to expect. I know that I can just skim the numbers if I want to.

Essentially, metsgeek is playing around with the importing of real players. He does a better job of explaining it than I do, but basically he imports the players where when their ratings are created, it is based solely on what they did in their time in the real game. So if one guy had 2 at bats and had one hit, his contact would be outstanding.

This one is a typical metsgeek dynasty, although not the one that I would check out if you are looking for quality metsgeek. He definitely has a few others that I would check out first.

Worth a Look Score:
(Although, while going on, it probably would have been a 3)
Old 03-16-2006, 05:22 PM   #203
Jestor
Hall Of Famer

Coming up close on the halfway mark!
Jestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:59 PM   #204
Jason
Hall Of Famer

I'm just eager to see if the Austin thread is #1 or not.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 07:35 PM   #205
The Funk
All Star Reserve

I'm just hoping there'll be some pix of nekkid chix soon.

The Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:29 AM   #206
venusbaseball
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Funk
I'm just hoping there'll be some pix of nekkid chix soon.
How about just chix?

Visit the Venus Baseball League and see your favorite celebs like JLo, Angelina Jolie, and Jennifer Aniston in big league action!
venusbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #207
Jason
Hall Of Famer

This has more suspense than the NCAA tournament this year.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:06 PM   #208
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale And Eli's Dad
This has more suspense than the NCAA tournament this year.
and a lot more entertaining too

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #209
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

#38 – “The Life and Times of Josh Fields

Started by: Dam610

It’s too bad we lost this one. I didn’t get much of a chance to read this when it started as I was hard at work on the 2004 countdown. I definitely checked in every now and again though because I liked the feel of this one, and still do.

I’m not quite sure what happened to Dam610, but he hasn’t been on since last May and the last post of this one was in mid-February. I’m kind of annoyed that I didn’t say anything in this thread because I really liked it.

The problem with TLaToJF is that it’s kind of vanilla. Aside from the use of different fonts when writing newspaper articles, it’s pretty bland. The character never really gets fleshed out. Basically, Dam610 takes you on a little ride through his dynasties history while focusing mainly on one player, Josh Fields. You get updates on his stats every couple of posts.

I like this one, and it had a lot of potential.

Worth a Look Score:
Old 03-23-2006, 01:13 PM   #210
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

#37 – “Metro Leagues - 1961 Season (Fictional)

Started by: DreamTeams

This was one of the ones that slipped by me as well. It’s not so much a dynasty as a “check out my website” plug. However, DT did do a great job with the website. When I first clicked on it, I thought it was an online league, but to my surprise, it was a solo league.

It’s a pretty in depth league and he does a great job with it. I can’t say much for the thread, but the website is really in depth and is definitely worth checking out.

I really liked how the players have to earn their pictures. I’ve seen other people do this, and I really like that idea so that you don’t have a zillion people getting pics when they don’t play that much. I'm not sure how up to date the website it, but it is defanitely worth a look.

Worth a Look Score: Thread:
Old 03-23-2006, 01:26 PM   #211
Jestor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0DA55
#37 – “Metro Leagues - 1961 Season (Fictional)

Started by: DreamTeams

This was one of the ones that slipped by me as well. It’s not so much a dynasty as a “check out my website” plug. However, DT did do a great job with the website. When I first clicked on it, I thought it was an online league, but to my surprise, it was a solo league.

It’s a pretty in depth league and he does a great job with it. I can’t say much for the thread, but the website is really in depth and is definitely worth checking out.

I really liked how the players have to earn their pictures. I’ve seen other people do this, and I really like that idea so that you don’t have a zillion people getting pics when they don’t play that much. I'm not sure how up to date the website it, but it is defanitely worth a look.

Worth a Look Score: Thread:
I know a lot of people really dig his work, but web-site based leagues just aren't my cup of tea. Then again, he does what he does web-site wise extremely well.
Jestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #212
Jason
Hall Of Famer

This thread...

Worth A Look:

I love this thread! It's one of the first places I check every day.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:32 PM   #213
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

One more for you guys to hold you through the weekend.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #214
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

#36 – “My Story by Finton Weeks

Started by: nate7891

Not quite sure how this one made it on the countdown (I think it was just because of all the views) as this doesn’t have a whole lot to it. The story doesn’t really get going, so I can’t really comment there. Basically, let me just let Jazzmosis tell you my thoughts on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmosis from the thread
It's a bit tough to figure out who's talking sometimes when you don't put quotations or have more than one person speaking in the same paragraph. There's some grammar miscues, but I'm sure those will be sorted out as you write more.

The biggest issue is the quotations and paragraphs - it makes it confusing to keep the story flowing.
Worth a Look Score:
Old 03-25-2006, 09:28 PM   #215
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This thread...

Worth A Look:

I love this thread! It's one of the first places I check every day.
I agree with Dale and Eli's Dad.

The Metro League is great and DreamTeams has a great site.

It and the Laseron Baseball Association by Portlander/Goody have inspired me to try to create a league like theirs.

I hope to do it with OOTPB2006.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:03 PM   #216
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0DA55
I defanitely agree. We aren't at the point where we were before, but it is slowly coming back to life. The fact that this thread keeps getting pushed way down every time I check it to update it is a good thing. But what sucks for me is that I haven't really gotten to check out some of the newer ones.

When I made my list, I kind of wish I marked down what day of the last post was. I would bet that over 50% of the dynasties on this countdown were affected by the crash in one way or another, whether it be post counts or losing the majority of their writing. That doesn't even count the ones that were totally lost.

I didn't realize until writing this countdown how much readership and comments matter. Granted, I am doing this for a different reason (maybe) than some others who write dynasties as I want to create discussion and expose dynasties that some people may have missed. My whole mission is to get the word out, and if I didn't feel like I was doing that, then why do the countdown? So yeah, get out there, read, and comment!
I think it's a shame that when the crash happened, so many people didn't bother trying to recover some of their threads using the google cached pages feature. Like others, I was shattered when i realised what the crash had wreaked upon us all. But thanks to marioh's advice, I was able to recover all but a handful of posts from my Heavyweight Boxing Federation thread from google and also ninemsn.com's search feature. I think it was about 60 posts in total that the crash wiped off my thread, but when I got to the stage where I couldn't find any more of them, I only had to re-write the most recent three posts I'd made, plus there was one other in the middle of those sixty that I just couldn't find, but I was able to compensate for that with another post I wrote.

Last edited by kenyan_cheena; 03-26-2006 at 08:04 PM.
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #217
Jason
Hall Of Famer

I know that I'm more excited about an update on this thread than I am the update on the release date for OOTP 7: The Corporate Takeover. (Just kidding, Marc. )
Old 03-28-2006, 01:24 AM   #218
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know that I'm more excited about an update on this thread than I am the update on the release date for OOTP 7: The Corporate Takeover. (Just kidding, Marc. )
meh I coudlnt' really care much abouot the PMS'ing in that forum, I care more about this thread

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #219
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyan_cheena
I think it's a shame that when the crash happened, so many people didn't bother trying to recover some of their threads using the google cached pages feature. Like others, I was shattered when i realised what the crash had wreaked upon us all. But thanks to marioh's advice, I was able to recover all but a handful of posts from my Heavyweight Boxing Federation thread from google and also ninemsn.com's search feature. I think it was about 60 posts in total that the crash wiped off my thread, but when I got to the stage where I couldn't find any more of them, I only had to re-write the most recent three posts I'd made, plus there was one other in the middle of those sixty that I just couldn't find, but I was able to compensate for that with another post I wrote.
Losing all those was tough. I guess some people wouldn't want to take the trouble to find all of there posts, which I can understand. If I lost this (and I didn't have a backup), you can bet that I wouldn't try to recoup the posts, it just wouldn't be worth my time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
meh I coudlnt' really care much abouot the PMS'ing in that forum, I care more about this thread
There's just been a lot of PMS'ing in general, which is part of the reason why this thread has taken a slower pace.

On to the next number!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:47 PM   #220
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

#35 – “Extreme Baseball League: Fictional

Started by: pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat in post #61 (2 before the last post in the thread at this time)
An update wouldn't probably come in a while though, because I'm preparing for a qualifying exam.
pat, you need to start this one up again. Your qualifying exam is long over, so why haven’t you updated this thread since then?

It’s a shame he hasn’t as this one was rolling along. He had the fans, he had the teams, and he had great pictures/logos to spice things up. He seemed like he was really enjoying writing this one, but then it took a break and was probably forgotten about.

This one is a fictional league where the XBL is competing with MLB. I haven’t quite figured out what is so “extreme” about the XBL. Regardless, pat does a good job fleshing out the story of the league and giving us info about the owners, managers, and players.

Once all the background stuff is done, he finally gets to playing the games. He gives us a brief summary for every month of the season, which is to say 2 months. After those two months, pat had to take his exam and he never continued this.

Count me in as being the first to sign the “We want pat to continue his Extreme Baseball League” petition.

Worth a Look Score: