Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 01-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

The Top 75 Dynasties of 2005

So here I am again. One year older and just a little bit nuttier. “Another 75 dynasties?” you might ask. Well, I am here to tell you that yes, there will be another 75. I actually toyed with the idea of doing 100. You know, a nice solid number. It would have been a grand challenge too. But then I thought back to all the writing I did last year, and I thought… “No Frickin’ Way!” I could have provided some small links for the last 25, and then started in on the “Top 75.” But I thought it would lose its charm. EVERYONE does top 100’s these days. Who does a top 75?

Me.

What a year this has been, eh? Went through what many would consider a “Golden Age” of dynasty writing, only to have much of it wiped out because of the “Great Crash of 2005.” Wow, did the crash hurt this part of the OOTP Board. We lost 3 months worth of posts. Some were able to recover, some just went on like nothing happened, and some were absolutely decimated. We also lost some guys who were just fed up with different things (politics of the board/losing their dynasties). We just had a ton of highs and lows this past year. And then on top of all that, once the board did come back, the Views counter in each thread didn’t get fixed until sometime in November. However, I don’t know how many people really got into the dynasty writing mode once the board came back after the loss of posts. It was a real morale hit for this forum.

But in the wake of all that, we’ve still had plenty of great dynasties. I look at my list and on top of the 75 that I am about to go through, I have a list of a little under 50 that either a) were wiped out because of the crash, b) started just late enough to miss the cut for next year (Dec-Dec) and didn’t pick up the posts and/or views to get in the top 75, or c) had some really great writing, but didn’t pick up enough steam to have them continued. But no worries, I’ll try to give a little blurb about some of them.

I was much stricter about eligibility this year. The dynasty had to start after Dec 1 last year (as I compiled the top 75 in Jan last year and many of the November ones made it in last year). But, if it made the countdown last year, it wasn’t in this year. So the *** Doubleday Federation 2.0 *** didn’t make it in this countdown (sorry metsgeek, but you won’t be absent from this countdown… so don’t worry… in fact, you’re comin up real soon).

But let me just give a big “Wow” to all the dynasties that were done this year. I was really impressed when making this list, almost impressed enough to make this the top 100.

This one is going to take a while, because 75 is a lot of reading, and I now have a full time job. Last years took until May, who knows if I will be slower or faster than that? So grab 75 bags of popcorn (and get some variety. Do some Kettle corn every now and then), because here we go.

So, if you all are ready for this, I am ready to present to you, the “Top 75 Dynasties of 2005”!
Old 01-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
Jason
Hall Of Famer

Can't wait to see it!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

kickass! I will be SO watching this thread!

Maybe you'll beat Vris to the finish

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

Great! Last year's was a lot of fun.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifspuds
Great! Last year's was a lot of fun.
indeed. I was jsut happy that I actually made it

considering that it's only this year, this might be a hard one to do. Are their really 75 dynasties that were started this year?

PT22

Old 01-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

The question becomes... will the 2004 countdown make the 2005 list?

And they had to start on December 1st or later? Bummer... that disqualifies my Pirates thread from consideration (started on November 2nd, 2004). Yes, I'm greedy and demand recognition. I admit it.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:24 PM   #7
metsgeek
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0DA55
But, if it made the countdown last year, it wasn’t in this year. So the *** Doubleday Federation 2.0 *** didn’t make it in this countdown (sorry metsgeek, but you won’t be absent from this countdown… so don’t worry… in fact, you’re comin up real soon).
That reminds me.....I gotta get back to my dynasty writing. I've been severely slacking off the past two weeks.

109 seasons and still running strong!!!
metsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:29 PM   #8
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
considering that it's only this year, this might be a hard one to do. Are their really 75 dynasties that were started this year?
There were over 200 or 300 started this year. Unfortunately (or fortunately), most of them didn't make it past page 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifspuds
The question becomes... will the 2004 countdown make the 2005 list?

And they had to start on December 1st or later? Bummer... that disqualifies my Pirates thread from consideration (started on November 2nd, 2004). Yes, I'm greedy and demand recognition. I admit it.
I'll let you wait and see about the 2004 list

Yeah, December 1. I might have stretched it a little bit (I can't remember), but you can call me on it if I did.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #9
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

#75 – “TED'S FROZEN HEAD - An alternate baseball rivalry

Started by: metsgeek

Told you it wouldn’t be long before we saw a dynasty of his. Metsgeek gets to start this thing off. Just a little sidebar, EVERY time I read this title, I think of “Futurama” with the heads enclosed in glass cases. It’s uncanny.

Much in the same vibe as BadluckinOOTP’s “If only I hadn't played with the nose candy: Darryl Strawberry replay,” TFH is hilarious. Not to give too much away, but it defanitely pits the Evil Empire against the long suffering Red Sox in a huge game of one-upsmanship. Take my word for it that this is as interesting as a dynasty can get.

You’ve got Ted (presumably), Steinbrenner, Epstein, Cashman, the Babe, and plenty of other characters to keep your attention. metsgeek does a great job mixing up the story, coming at it from many different angles; at one point you can be in Steinbrenner’s office, the next you can be reading an article by Peter Gammons.

I will pat myself on the back because I helped bring this one back (at least for a short time).

Worth a Look Score:
Old 01-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #10
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsgeek
That reminds me.....I gotta get back to my dynasty writing. I've been severely slacking off the past two weeks.
ya i've got to get in gear as well. MIne has hit a logical snag

PT22

Old 01-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #11
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Told you it wouldn’t be long before we saw a dynasty of his. Metsgeek gets to start this thing off. Just a little sidebar, EVERY time I read this title, I think of “Futurama” with the heads enclosed in glass cases. It’s uncanny.

Much in the same vibe as BadluckinOOTP’s “If only I hadn't played with the nose candy: Darryl Strawberry replay,” TFH is hilarious. Not to give too much away, but it defanitely pits the Evil Empire against the long suffering Red Sox in a huge game of one-upsmanship. Take my word for it that this is as interesting as a dynasty can get.

You’ve got Ted (presumably), Steinbrenner, Epstein, Cashman, the Babe, and plenty of other characters to keep your attention. metsgeek does a great job mixing up the story, coming at it from many different angles; at one point you can be in Steinbrenner’s office, the next you can be reading an article by Peter Gammons.

I will pat myself on the back because I helped bring this one back (at least for a short time).

Worth a Look Score:
while I'm not surprised that this one made it, I am surprised that it's so low. Must be a lot of good selections

PT22

Old 01-10-2006, 05:49 PM   #12
The Funk
All Star Reserve

w00t, it's back! This baby was a little +1 goldmine last year!

The Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #13
Jestor
Hall Of Famer

Hooray! Yoda comes through again!!!

How To Get A Warning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxmagicman
Mal might have a name file you could use.
Jestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #14
UngratefulDead
Banned

Great to see this back.
UngratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:35 PM   #15
Matt from TN
Hall Of Famer

Nice! I can't wait to follow this. And great job with TFH, geek.
Matt from TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:01 PM   #16
Jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Funk
w00t, it's back! This baby was a little +1 goldmine last year!
I didn't even think of this being a little +1 festival but I guess it'll be good for at least +75 for all of us who follow it.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #17
The Funk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale And Eli's Dad
I didn't even think of this being a little +1 festival but I guess it'll be good for at least +75 for all of us who follow it.
They're +1s in a very good and worthy cause to be fair I haven't been able to read many dynasties for ages so I'm looking forward to this, especially as we know it's gonna be finished! HURRY UP Y0DA, where's #74?

The Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #18
Vris
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
kickass! I will be SO watching this thread!

Maybe you'll beat Vris to the finish

At this rate, I definitely see this happening. I'll be getting back to mine soon though!

Blog it.
Vris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:24 PM   #19
metsgeek
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Worth a Look Score:
And you kicked me in the ass again I just posted some more.

109 seasons and still running strong!!!
metsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:18 PM   #20
Jestor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsgeek
And you kicked me in the ass again I just posted some more.
Yoda and Vris's Top Dynasty threads are good for getting people to restart old dynasties or begin new ones

How To Get A Warning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxmagicman
Mal might have a name file you could use.
Jestor is offline   Reply With Quote