Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation *** Latest OOTP 6.5b BETA released ***

OK, here is a new one for you. This should be the last beta, if there are no big bugs left in this one, I'll release it officially next week.

Download 6.5b Beta

This is the stuff that got fixed since the last beta:
- Added the option to enter a seperate path for team exports in the online league options. If you do not want to use this, make sure the path matches the starting directory of the FTP server.
- The allstar game does no longer edit pitcher roles
- Fixed allstar game generating duplicate players bug
- Fixed Cato problems with players retiring during the season

Please let me know if I forgot something...

Old 11-21-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

Must be nice.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:58 AM   #3
Jason
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Markus!
Old 11-21-2005, 11:00 AM   #4
Vris
Hall Of Famer

Just let me know when it's off beta.

Blog it.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:07 AM   #5
rem
Hall Of Famer

It would be great if with Historical Leagues one could import a player's ratings from one place (i.e. a modified database) and his stats from another source (i.e. the Lahman database).

Right now, the way it works is that the modified databases change a player's stats and you have to hit the 'clear all career stats' button. This really takes a lot of the fun out of historical leagues. I know nothing about programing, but I would hope that it would be fairly easy to make this small addition.

I'm just about to start a new historical dynasty but I would wait if this had a chance of making it in 6.5B. So I would appreciate it, Markus, if you acknowledged this post in someway, be it good or bad news.

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0

Last edited by rem; 11-21-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:10 AM   #6
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn
OK, here is a new one for you. This should be the last beta, if there are no big bugs left in this one, I'll release it officially next week.

Download 6.5b Beta

This is the stuff that got fixed since the last beta:
- Added the option to enter a seperate path for team exports in the online league options. If you do not want to use this, make sure the path matches the starting directory of the FTP server.
- The allstar game does no longer edit pitcher roles
- Fixed allstar game generating duplicate players bug

Does this fix the players retiring mid season, then not havng a player page for the season, or having stats that are exported?

To me this was the main isue.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:13 AM   #7
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

wow talk about wild timing thanks man
Old 11-21-2005, 11:45 AM   #8
ctorg
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by remangiii
It would be great if with Historical Leagues one could import a player's ratings from one place (i.e. a modified database) and his stats from another source (i.e. the Lahman database).

Right now, the way it works is that the modified databases change a player's stats and you have to hit the 'clear all career stats' button. This really takes a lot of the fun out of historical leagues. I know nothing about programing, but I would hope that it would be fairly easy to make this small addition.

I'm just about to start a new historical dynasty but I would wait if this had a chance of making it in 6.5B. So I would appreciate it, Markus, if you acknowledged this post in someway, be it good or bad news.
Or, what I do is edit databases so that all the years up until the import year are historically correct, while the import year and beyond are not. It's a lot more work, though.

Anyhow, I'll wait to see if things are working well for people before I buy this one.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
Old 11-21-2005, 11:49 AM   #9
rem
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorg
Or, what I do is edit databases so that all the years up until the import year are historically correct, while the import year and beyond are not. It's a lot more work, though.
Have you explained somewhere how that is done?

Old 11-21-2005, 12:01 PM   #10
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Thanks for the update. Nothing about the save totals and closer usage that has been discussed a few times on here? People have to monkey with starter endurance levels and move set-up men to closer and vice versa to get realistic save totals.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:05 PM   #11
ctorg
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by remangiii
Have you explained somewhere how that is done?
No. I mean, I literally just open the .csv files as text (since they're mostly too big to open in Excel) and cut and paste the original Lahman files from the earlier years on top of the years as they are listed in the import (Ankit or otherwise) version. It's a bit of a pain, and you have to make sure you're importing ratings from Remaining Career, but it works pretty well.

It really helps if you have all your databases sorted by year, too.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
Old 11-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #12
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Good to see V6(.5) is being kept up to help keep us up until the new version.
Quote:
I mention the following not as something forgotten but hopefully something that could be fixed quite easily and thus perhaps worth a brief investigation. It is spelled out more deeply here, but the summary is that in the first season a csv-format schedule is imported into the game, at the end of the scheduled regular season the playoffs (including any one-game playoffs to determine postseason spots) see their games start over with #1 in the box scores & game logs, thus overwriting the earliest box scores and game logs of that season.

This apparently does not occur in future seasons with the same schedule just rolled over, nor with game-generated and Stickware schedules, and copying over the schedule.dat file from a dummy league into which the schedule was imported seems to avoid the problem as well. Thus I have hopes that a solution might be something extremely simply done. If you able, thanks for at least giving this a lookover.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:11 PM   #13
rem
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorg
No. I mean, I literally just open the .csv files as text (since they're mostly too big to open in Excel) and cut and paste the original Lahman files from the earlier years on top of the years as they are listed in the import (Ankit or otherwise) version. It's a bit of a pain, and you have to make sure you're importing ratings from Remaining Career, but it works pretty well.

It really helps if you have all your databases sorted by year, too.
So if I were to use Gambo/Ankit 3.5 for a 1998 league, all I would need to do is cut and paste for like the proceeding 20 years?

Could I import using the peak seasons option?

Old 11-21-2005, 01:16 PM   #14
marky32082
Minors (Triple A)

Maybe I'm missing something but why not call this 6.5c or 6.5c Beta instead of "the latest version of 6.5b Beta"?

Only confusion can come from this type of thing...
Old 11-21-2005, 01:35 PM   #15
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

I'd just like to say "Thanks Markus!" and, I think I speak for a lot of the community here when I say that there is not a better game on the market, regardless of genre, than OOTP baseball.

I had watched these forums for over a year and a half before dropping my $$ on the 6.0 version of the game. The reason it took me so long is that I was your "run of the mill" "WalMart" shopper. I wanted something "off the shelf" that was Satisfaction Guaranteed and I noticed plenty of threads discussing issues with the game...but I was still intrigued. (There are a lot of you out there that know what I mean.)

Then I got to know what was going on and I discovered the relationship that the members of this community had with Markus and realized that this was no ordinary game and that "Satisfaction Guaranteed", as I thought it to be, didn't apply and could mean a whole lot more than I my preconception.

What am I rambling about? Well this in a nutshell.

OOTP has become what it has become because of the way Markus has chosen to do business. By letting us in, in several ways, countless numbers of us have been part of his success and we have benefited greatly from his success. Our thanks for this patch is just an opportunity for us all to appreciate that Markus has allowed us to help create the game.

OOTPBM 2006...$34.99
The chance get your say in how it's made...Priceless.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 11-21-2005, 02:53 PM   #16
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya
I'd just like to say "Thanks Markus!" and, I think I speak for a lot of the community here when I say that there is not a better game on the market, regardless of genre, than OOTP baseball.

I had watched these forums for over a year and a half before dropping my $$ on the 6.0 version of the game. The reason it took me so long is that I was your "run of the mill" "WalMart" shopper. I wanted something "off the shelf" that was Satisfaction Guaranteed and I noticed plenty of threads discussing issues with the game...but I was still intrigued. (There are a lot of you out there that know what I mean.)

Then I got to know what was going on and I discovered the relationship that the members of this community had with Markus and realized that this was no ordinary game and that "Satisfaction Guaranteed", as I thought it to be, didn't apply and could mean a whole lot more than I my preconception.

What am I rambling about? Well this in a nutshell.

OOTP has become what it has become because of the way Markus has chosen to do business. By letting us in, in several ways, countless numbers of us have been part of his success and we have benefited greatly from his success. Our thanks for this patch is just an opportunity for us all to appreciate that Markus has allowed us to help create the game.

OOTPBM 2006...$34.99
The chance get your say in how it's made...Priceless.
I paid $27 for the new game.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:58 PM   #17
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Markus is there any chance you can kill either the ltrans or lalltrans files and put everything into one file like previous versions? Right now neither file contains all transactions, and until that happens CATO will not capture a true image of the leagues transaction history.

See the following quote by Sandman for more details:

Quote:
Also there are some issues with 6.5b and catobase that I refuse to use the program with at this point. The ltransall file, which you need to rename to ltrans txt to get all the transactions really does not have all the waiver transactions. Players are appearing on one team when they actually played on two. If you do not rename the ltransall then you miss other transactions so it is a mess. I went back to 6.5a but then decided that it is better to use 6.5b but to not use the catobase....... bummer!! I export the stats so that I can get the splits but now I just put the exporter data into access and create my own queries....

BTW, someone emailed me and stated that all the transactions that are in the ltrans file are also in the ltransall file, with the only difference being the ltransall had every transaction in it. I have taken the files line by line in two leagues and have found items not in the ltransall. Anyone that wants to test this for themselves will probably find the same thing. Compare the ltrans to the ltransall. If all the records from the ltrans file are in the file then you can use the ltransall to process all the transactions in CATOBASE.....other wise you need to combine the two files by date, which is a nightmare to do, very time consuming......

Tks

Last edited by Bluenoser; 11-21-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:28 PM   #18
Aordolin
All Star Reserve

Glad to see a new release but as asked before whats happening with the closer issue? Is it going to be fixed? was it fixed and not listed?
Old 11-21-2005, 08:22 PM   #19
BKL
All Star Reserve

Lob?

What the team left on base calculation ever corrected? Right now, Team LOB in the boxscore is wrong, I think you have to subtract the Team LOB from the total player's LOB.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:26 PM   #20
kq76
Global Moderator

I've given up on the DFA service time bug. A number of people have posted about it several times, but it never gets fixed so whatever.

EDIT: If it has been finally fixed, please ignore this post.
Closed Thread