Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-08-2018, 08:06 PM   #1
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Actually, Perfect Team IS Fun!

I swear, I am turning into a fanboy against my will.

I don't mean to be. I don't want to be. But when something that I looked askance at in the beginning turns out to be fun, then darn it, I'm going to say so!

Fanboy. Alas.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:13 PM   #2
ShiBDiB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

lol same boat.. I looked at the GameInformer article when it first came back and thought it would be something that I'd have no interest in... now I find myself staring at the sim clock as it counts down waiting to see what the new guy I just got does.
ShiBDiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:18 PM   #3
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiBDiB View Post
now I find myself staring at the sim clock as it counts down waiting to see what the new guy I just got does.
Suddenly, there's a whole new meaning to the term "clock watcher."
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 11-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #4
Orioles
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Suddenly, there's a whole new meaning to the term "clock watcher."
Yeah, I’m waiting for the league that plays game every 5 minutes.
Orioles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #5
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles View Post
Yeah, I’m waiting for the league that plays game every 5 minutes.
Another exciting aspect now is "beat the clock"! Apparently, as long as you can successfully SUBMIT TEAM before it runs out, even down to the final seconds, your changes will be included in the next simulated game.

Ha, here's me the last time: "Quick! Rip open those new card packs! Anybody good? Yes? Well, get them up here, pronto!"

Down to the final seconds, as I said. Paid off, though; I've won 3 out of 4 tonight.

- Bru

Old 11-08-2018, 10:08 PM   #6
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I swear, I am turning into a fanboy against my will.

I don't mean to be. I don't want to be. But when something that I looked askance at in the beginning turns out to be fun, then darn it, I'm going to say so!

Fanboy. Alas.
same

I was kinda "meh" when I heard about it, but figured i'd give it a shot

its very entertaining, yet I don't feel the need to completely babysit my squad either. I check it a couple times a day, and maybe spend 30-45 minutes total a day either making changes to my lineup or hopefully looking to find better affordable players
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:21 PM   #7
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoofe View Post
same

I was kinda "meh" when I heard about it, but figured i'd give it a shot

its very entertaining, yet I don't feel the need to completely babysit my squad either. I check it a couple times a day, and maybe spend 30-45 minutes total a day either making changes to my lineup or hopefully looking to find better affordable players
Yes, you do have to let go a bit. For one thing, I'm used to playing out my games so this is different. Yet, I find myself clicking right as well as left on the OOTP Start Screen and . . . actually caring about my not-so-Perfect Team.

- Bru

Old 11-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The between-game activity is cruising the auction house looking for bargains.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:33 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Glad you're having fun folks! A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into creating PT the past 2+ years, and it's great to see that it was worth it. Thank you.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:11 AM   #10
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you!!!! There are no words... This has taken over my life... Oh well.. There are worse things right? I mean I get my exercise, pay my bills, do a few chores (when I have to) So I don't need psychological help with this obsession right??….. right??? Someone please reassure me...lol
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #11
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I was not sure I would like it either but I loved OOTP Challenge Mode so I tried as soon as I could. I am old card collector dating to the 50's and have approximately 150k BB cards in display notebooks and card boxes. The morning I started opening packs of cards and was able to "play with them," I became hooked. My wife says, "At least we do not need another walk in closet for these cards." I just wish we could trade cards at least in the same league the way GMs make trades in RL. That would add a whole 'nother dimension. I have been a member here since 2015 and even started posting now.

Meanwhile, thanks for a marvelous addition to the game.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:20 AM   #12
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The between-game activity is cruising the auction house looking for bargains.
Same here, Also I like watching my team perform. I get to understand how good or poor each individual is that way.............Z
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #13
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
Thank you!!!! There are no words... This has taken over my life... Oh well.. There are worse things right? I mean I get my exercise, pay my bills, do a few chores (when I have to) So I don't need psychological help with this obsession right??….. right??? Someone please reassure me...lol
oh there are worse things.....

like when PT becomes available for mobile devices so you can check on your teams progress anywhere/anytime
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:43 AM   #14
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into creating PT the past 2+ years...
I don't mind the sweat and tears but hopefully the blood was merely from paper cuts or perhaps pinching your fingers plugging in USB cables or something. Surely there were no brawls over the direction of PT design, yes?

- Bru

Old 11-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #15
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't mind the sweat and tears but hopefully the blood was merely from paper cuts or perhaps pinching your fingers plugging in USB cables or something. Surely there were no brawls over the direction of PT design, yes?
Worse. Whenever they ran out of budget, everybody was sent to the nearest blood drive to give a quarter gallon for profit!

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:52 AM   #16
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

I'm surprised at how much I like this too, since I absolutely hate playing any kind of MP game. I hate the jibber-jabber, I hate the people who take it too seriously, and I hate the people who don't take it seriously enough.

I don't really like other people much TBH. :-/

But in this league I can just build my team and not interact with anyone. Perfect.

I wonder if OOTP will ever be able to host an MP league, where we wouldn't need a commissioner as such and in-game mail would be handled just as if you were playing solo? I might actually play that if it happens. 2-3 years, maybe?

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 11-09-2018 at 12:01 PM.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #17
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Yes, i must admit, i yawned when Perfect Team was announced... whatever, just give me the real OOTP. But PT is fun, almost addictive. And the whole opening a pack thing is exciting. It's like opening a real back of baseball cards as kid. Kudos to the development team. This gives me something to do in between online league sims... And curses to the development team. This gives me something to do instead of working on my dynasty...

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:53 AM   #18
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
Yes, i must admit, i yawned when Perfect Team was announced... whatever, just give me the real OOTP. But PT is fun, almost addictive. And the whole opening a pack thing is exciting. It's like opening a real back of baseball cards as kid. Kudos to the development team. This gives me something to do in between online league sims... And curses to the development team. This gives me something to do instead of working on my dynasty...
Thanks! Glad you're having fun
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #19
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I'm surprised to see that I remain competitive in my league just playing with the packs that I earn for accomplishments.

I see others in my league have used the auction/bid system to beef up their teams and that is the point at which I thought I would tank. Especially when people start buying points which is something that I still need to get my head wrapped around.

But so far, I keep coming back to PT to see what is going on and I am pleased that my Moneyball approach is working.

Come to think of it, if somebody can win by skillfully managing their rosters, taking advantage of windfalls, and occasionally going to the "free agency market" (buying points), then this could be a long-term proposition for me.

- Bru

Old 11-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #20
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Come to think of it, if somebody can win by skillfully managing their rosters, taking advantage of windfalls, and occasionally going to the "free agency market" (buying points), then this could be a long-term proposition for me.
No-no, the "free agency market" is the auction house. Buying PP would be schmoozing up to your owner.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote