Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #1
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
44 game winning streak comes to an end

Been playing the same on-going game since v4 (2002). I play out all of my games and don't think I have ever won more than 15 or so in a row until now. This team won the WS last season, with a 113 win season, and is almost unchanged from last years squad other than a new SP called up from AAA and a catcher (not a superstar but a good defensive guy with average bat) obtained in a trade.

Started season 5-2 and as the streak ends we are now 49-3. For those that claim the AI cheats here's a tidbit. The streak would have ended probably 20 games ago except we scored on a balk in the bottom of the ninth to force extra innings and of course went on to win. Many other close calls over the streak with late inning rallies.

As part of the streak we went undefeated in May, 29-0. We then promptly lost on June 1, 25-6 at San Diego

Screenshots are both from June 1, pregame and post. Be interesting to see if the law of averages comes back to bite me.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #2
venflaalachi
Minors (Double A)

Losing 25-6 is a hell of a way to end a 44 game winning streak, no late game heroics there. That is an incredible streak.

Last edited by venflaalachi; 11-08-2017 at 01:21 PM.
venflaalachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Glad the Sox are also in 1st place. How many Sox vs Cubs WS have there been?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

25 to 6?

better sell off some of those trash arms you got

you can't accidentally go 49-3. so, you should be okay. you don't accidentally go 29-0 in a month either, lol.

if you get to ~145-150 wins, you'll likely sweep or go 4-1 the entire playoffs.

i recently had a team as high as 132 wins lose a world series. only 2 series for my league's best record to win WS. it seems there's a threshold somewhere near there where the %'s bcome ~100% that you win the playoffs. (maybe 1-2+ higher for a deeper playoff tree)

130win teams don't go 49-3. if you're not super high in Pyt guesstimate of w/l record (luck), i'd guess ~150 should be a realistic goal when starting that well. 140+ is a near certainty.

Last edited by NoOne; 11-08-2017 at 11:14 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:49 PM   #5
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Glad the Sox are also in 1st place. How many Sox vs Cubs WS have there been?
No Cubs Sox WS. The White Sox have one appearance and beat the Phillies in 2024. Maybe this will be the year
Old 11-08-2017, 06:54 PM   #6
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
25 to 6?

better sell off some of those trash arms you got

you can't accidentally go 49-3. so, you should be okay. you don't accidentally go 29-0 in a month either, lol.

if you get to ~145-150 wins, you'll likely sweep or go 4-1 the entire playoffs.

i recently had a team as high as 132 wins lose a world series. only 2 series for my league's best record to win WS. it seems there's a threshold somewhere near there where the %'s bcome ~100% that you win the playoffs. (maybe 1-2+ higher for a deeper playoff tree)

130win teams don't go 49-3. if you're not super high in Pyt guesstimate of w/l record (luck), i'd guess ~150 should be a realistic goal when starting that well. 140+ is a near certainty.
Pyt is 38-12 which would give me the same record as the Yankees.

Been injury free for most part until late May. Lost the leagues best closer and another stud setup guy. Add to that my 5th starter has been very inconsistent and was the starter in the June 1st loss. Bullpen call up got blasted hard when he entered that game and it just snowballed after that.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:44 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

okay, well that may be a bit of really good luck.

+9 after 52 games? that's insane!

still sounds like an easy 120+ win team to me, with decent health. maybe 50/50 to 3:2 you make it through 3 playoff series. still can lose, don't take it for granted... i'd even manage playoffs if you don't normally in this situation.

maybe it's a .800+win team, still. but that +9 can't last.

Last edited by NoOne; 11-09-2017 at 06:45 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote